Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.1

on 11/7/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this so much. It's actually the first bb cream I've fallen in love with. I don't have many skin issues besides oily skin and this week I have a blemish on my chin. I used this like a foundation and then powdered especially where my blemish is. It made it less noticeable but it's definitely still there which is to be expected with a bb cream. This held up nicely at the gym today. I haven't gotten super oil slick face yet. Definitely a repurchaseable item for me. Very nice look. Not dry and not too shiny. Went on with a makeup brush like a dream.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been using this BB cream for months. I wanted it for a more natural look & also for the spf 35. The problem is that it applies rather patchy. It just gets worse as the day wears on. I generally apply with my fingers, but have tried a sponge. Still, I seem to get areas that are covered well and other areas of my face are not. Sometimes, I have applied powder on top for extra coverage and to set it, but that doesn't even help. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but I will not repurchase. Still my HG for light days is my EL DW Light. I only wish that one had an impressive spf rating.

I don't know what kind of chemicals are in this product, but I would not recommend it. I got a sample of it in my ipsy bag, and I used it four days in a row. I ended up with little blisters all over my face. I have never experienced such a thing before, and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Too many chemicals in smashbox products, photo ready primer made me break out too. I'll stick with elf, which provides great coverage and Sun protection, doesn't break me out or give me blisters and costs a third of the price.

on 2/25/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the darkest one of this product which is light and very airy. Too bad the coverage only last 3-4hrs. With an average price of $39.99 save your money. It is supposed to assist with oily skin, but not in my case. Even with their primer my face was oiled up and color had wore off. This product could be so much more if consistency was added.

on 1/26/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample in my Ipsy bag this month. I wore it for about an hour and it made me look greasy. This is not for oily skin. Will not purchase glad I got to try the sample.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and I'm obsessed with this product. No other BB Cream will ever do.

on 10/8/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Are you looking for a product that goes on moist and makes you look wet instead of dewy? Are you looking for a product that wipes entirely off your skin if you lightly blow your nose, attempt to change into a shirt that doesn't have an extremely wide neck or try to lightly apply powder over it to tame that wet look and make it last more than a few hours on your face? Well, Smashbox heard your wish and created this BB cream. Rejoice! Or don't. I certainly didn't.

I'm no longer annoyed about what a flop this is, but I'm still baffled by its existence. One of the worst products I've ever sampled. The sample color was way too dark and orange, but I ain't even mad about that. It's not an issue given how bad this product is.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Glad I got this as a sample because if I had paid full price I would have been highly disappointed. This was in light/medium and against my light/medium olive skin it was orange. What I got in the sample was more than enough to cover my neck and face about a nickel size. At first it was dewy. After an hour it dried to a semi matte but dear late Sally did it make me look old?! It really excentuated my fine lines. I wiped some off and it help tame things down. At the end of the day it was streaky across my neck and perhaps it was me but it seemed somewhat itchy on my skin. Definately not for me.

An absolute pile of rubbish. Minimal coverage (which I like) but still managed to be blotchy despite my best efforts on several occasions to even it out. There is a poor choice of colours, most of which turn your face orange. The Boots No.7 version is much better and cheaper!