Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is awful ! What a mess . Coverage is none . It's oily and slick . Sat in my pores and made them look huge !!!! Not what I expected from a high end bb cream at all !

on 7/6/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not really a fan. Hard to spread on my face...color was too light but the next color was too dark...

on 5/30/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have started using this BB cream instead of their HD foundation. Great coverage, moderate to heavy. Applies smoothly and does not settle in fine lines. I wear fair...so porcelain gals will find this too dark. When set with powder and setting spray it last/wears all day. I use this BB or MAC's BB cream and I find both are comparable.

on 7/8/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I can't attest to the skin-perfecting benefits since I just started using it, but I'm really enjoying it. I have oily, acneic skin that really gives me the bizness in the summer with increased oiliness and breakouts. I have to step up my skincare for sure, yet the last thing I want to do in the sweltering summer heat is put on more makeup. So, my curiosity with BB creams began. It has been said that the Asian BB creams are superior for their skin-perfecting benefits, but I have yet to find one online that is recommended for darker skintones. They rarely, if ever, come in anything other than fair shades. So, for now, the US versions will have to suffice.

I like Smashbox's version because for a whole entire face, I use a little less than pea size. It looks like a full-coverage job because my spots are almost completely concealed! I use the color dark (MAC NC45/Revlon Caramel) and it blends into my skin perfectly. Moreover, this BB cream is definitely for oilier skins because it absorbs oil unlike anything else I've tried that is supposedly geared for oily skin. My skin looks perfect after 5 hours without 1 blot, and that is not normally my life.

My process: With my pea size amount, I dot my forehead, chin and both cheeks, and apply with my fingers in a smoothing fashion. At this point, I waste about 5 minutes admiring how evened out my complexion looks. Next, I may or may not apply undereye concealer. Lastly, I dust on BareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil. Or, when I want more coverage, I will apply a light layer of foundation over it, then the mineral veil. Wow, it still looks like skin!

I hope to update with how it has improved my skin with hopefully nothing negative to say because I am pleased thus far. The price prevented me from buying sooner though because for $38, all you get is 1 oz. However, it seems like it's going to last a long time since I use so little.

UPDATE: This is now going to be a permanent part of my makeup routine because it is so versatile. I can use it alone after my skincare with just a light dust of powder to set. Or, I can use it as a primer underneath a full coverage foundation job. I didn't expect it to benefit my skin, since the USA versions are known to be just tinted moisturizers. However, my skin does improve with use. How you may ask? The sunscreen allows any areas of hyperpigmentation to tone and clear faster. I'm really glad I took the plunge. By the way, I am still using the same tube since I first wrote this review a year later.

on 5/6/2012 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am not really a huge foundation fan but this stuff goes on super easy and blends really nicely. Stays on all day and keeps shine at bay. I will definitely purchase again.

This product claims to do the jobs of multiple other items all in one tiny bottle of bb cream. I can safely say it doesn't. There's no way with the amount of coverage this has that I would be able to replace my foundation with it. It does, however, work well as a corrector/concealer, and i've used it as an eyelid primer with success. Not exactly what was promised, especially for forty dollars.

on 1/8/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25, red undertones, old acne discolorations.

When I tried this, I finally felt comfortable enough to return the Temptu machine (even when the Sephora SA asked why, I had come in w/ 1/2 done in this BB and the other 1/2 in Temptu... she agreed, the BB side was better). Med to buildable full coverage, so this will be heavy for people used to the Asian BBs. For my large cheek pores, I still need primer and do get shiny by end of day w/out any blotting. I'm excited for the beginning to the end of a new foundation search during my "beauty routine shakeup". If you're NC25, you can read my "BB" lists in "My Wishlist" to get my thoughts on MANY brands.

BTW, this wears virtually identical to the Lioele Dollish Veil Vita in Green (for half the price) for me, but this is easier to blend.

Update 1/20/12: I am learning I'm lazy and do not care for the high maintenance of a primer and dealing w/ the shine, darn my porous oily skin! Compared to Boots Nude, Boots is slighter warmer in tone and fuller coverage. I'll keep looking.