Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To call this product 'camera ready' is ridiculous, given that it gives very light coverage. For me, having acne scars here and there on my face, this does not make me 'camera ready' in anyway. It evens out the skin tone, but doesn't really give any coverage beyond that.

For me this is a product I can use on the weekends and on days when I don't have to look very polished, but just want to look a bit nicer than my makeup-less self if running errands. I pair it up with under-eye concealer and a bit of spot concealing to look a bit more polished than what this product can give me alone. It looks very natural and doesn’t look like I am wearing any foundation.

The product feels nice to apply and gives a nice glow to the face. I powder it a bit in the T-zone, as I tend to get oily there. The product seems to hold up nice enough throughout the day, even on my oily nose.

I like that the product has SPF in it. It has a smell and texture that makes it obvious that there is SPF in the product, so if you don't like that smell and feel, this product will not be for you.

It's a pretty good BB cream and I can see myself buying it again. I have pale olive-toned skin and use this in the color fair/light. It’s not quite green enough for my skin, but because the coverage is light, it’s not a big issue. I apply it with my fingers.

I think this product is a bit expensive for the kind of product and packaging. The packaging is handy with the squeezy tube, but the design feels kind of boring.

on 12/28/2017 3:24:00 PM

I got this as a sample. I have combination/dry skin, when the weather is especially warm my tzone can get really oily. Its awful considering the rest of my face is so dry. My tzone didnt like this formula. I found this too drying, chalky, and like other users have stated, it is not buildable. It looks very patchy, I use a primer and its still manages to set in to my pores. I just dont like the uncomfortable feeling my face has when I use this. I dont like BB or CC cremes much anyway. Makeup brands found a way to rip us off by diluting the makeup with moisturizer, which you can do on your own, and calling it BB or CC cream. DIY and save some money.

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

on 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Great light coverage, smells like summer and the price is worth it.

DO NOT NEED ALOT TO GET THE COVERAGE!

Saw people complaining of it being an oily mess. Build with a dime or less amount. It won't be greasy. It's the best product since I discovered Antipodes. Just wish the ingredients were more safe and less chemicals. But I'm making the choice because I loved the sample. Let's hope I don't break out haha. Thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).

on 9/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream--if you don't have dry skin. It looks fabulous on the skin and wears like a dream. It also dries out your skin. My face looks great for about three days with this then the dry flaky patches set in. I so want to love this but in the end I can't.

on 4/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

Not sure why this gets such raves. I've tried several BB creams in the past, this is probably the second American bb cream out of all of them. Despite all the skin benefits bb's are supposed to provide, I'm not sure how much or what this bb really offers. Previously I've enjoyed the Missha M perfect cover for comparison (which appears grayish out of the tube but melds nicely into the skin). To be honest I had this in light which was too light for me (I'm between nc30-35) but I tried it anyway. This provided no coverage and I felt that it sat funny on my skin and enhanced my pores. It was not particularly moisturizing nor drying, but it really didn't do anything for me. Not a fan.

on 2/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

This product isn't anything too special. It has very light coverage and my dry skin doesn't crack or dry out while wearing it, as long as I properly prep with a moisturizer and primer. I like a little more coverage, so I'm not sure I'd buy again.

on 2/21/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this for a solid two months. I was wary to try it because I haven't had good luck with BB creams. For some reason the sunscreen in BB creams tends to break me out--and I don't typically have sensitive skin. And this Smashbox one is heavy on the sunscreen--it even smells like it. But this surprised me by working beautifully for me. Once I was sure it wasn't going to break me out I even started liking the sunscreen scent because it reminds me of summer : ).

I am fortunate to have decent skin, but I find this provides good coverage for most days (if I have something super special going on I will go ahead and use a regular foundation). The best part is that I can set it with a light dusting of powder (I just use the cheapie WnW one) and can typically go all day without having to use an oil blotting sheet. Even my CG RSG needs to be blotted after about 6 hours. I even use Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer underneath it because my skin is drier in winter.

So this is a total winner for me--good coverage, excellent wear, sun protection that doesn't break me out, and the always wonderful squeeze tube packaging.

on 1/19/2015 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

UPDATE: I had this product sitting on the shelf for quite some time until I decided I would use it for the summer, and try to finish it. Turns out I started to really like it. With the right moisturizer and primer underneath it is actually really good. And the tube lasts forever.
Do not know if I will rebuy. I might, for next summer.

I am not a fan of this product. I love that it has spf 35, but I cannot get it to work on my skin. It just accentuates my pores, making them appear bigger, especially on my cheeks for some reason. Color match is fine. Will not rebuy.