Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is heaven sent for acne prone skin!! I use it while on acne treatment, and it didn't worsen my breakouts. I'm nearing the end of my treatment, and I still use this. It's perfect for everyday barely there make up look. A small tube goes a long way. Used mine for about 3 months.

on 9/6/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really adore this BB cream. I've been using this since the spring, and this has probably been my most raved about "new" product in my routine.

To start off I am a complete foundation junky, and was very very late to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I had dabbled in TM briefly, and every one I tried just left me with ZERO coverage and an unnatural orange sheen to the skin-- so I didn't have high hopes for a BB cream.

I was *never* a sunscreen gal until pregnancy made my skin super sensitive, so my biggest motivator for sampling a ME/HE BB was that I wanted a one step ss/foundation coverage/out the door.

I sampled quite a few brands of ME-HE BB creams, and Smashbox has by far and wide been my absolute favorite!

Pros:
-Relatively high SPF (SPF 35)
-No fragrance
-A fairly large color selection
-Under $40
-Long lasting
-Does not irritate or break out my skin at all
-Pregnancy Safe :D (CC cream as well)
-Leaves my skin more moisturized at end of day when I wash it off
-Does NOT cake or cling to dry spots
-Satin/Matte finish

Cons:
-I wish it contained only a physical ss, not a chemical and a physical... but this isn't really a con, it is just my preference.
-I am darker and more yellow than "fair", yet "light" oxidizes pretty orange on me, so it would be cool to have a wider color selection.

*AND** saving the best for last-- The coverage!

This BB cream has amazzzziiinnnngg coverage. This is particularly true when I pair this BB cream with my MAC studio fix foundation powder.

On days that I just do not feel like doing a full face, (which for me is: lotion, ss, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder: wooh!) I can cut the whole process and just (lotion, BB cream, MAC SF powder/ out the door). And this works great!!--- Honestly my makeup lasts all day, the coverage is so good I don't even need concealer, my pores aren't visible, the coverage doesn't fade and my acne scarring will stay concealed the wholllleee day!

I still love my foundation, but honestly to cut my work into a 1/3 this gives me FLAWLESS results in my makeup application... and my skin is hydrated, and protected from the sun.

Without MAC SF, I can expect SB BB to last about 4-5 hours, which still is pretty impressive for a BB.

This item is definitely a staple to my collection now-- especially for spring/summer when the sun is out, and I want coverage but dont want like 7 layers of makeup.

Smashbox truly does put out consistent quality products IMO.

on 8/6/2013 3:10:00 PM

So for someone who has sensitive, oily, acne prone skin a BB cream seems like a bad idea but this has been great summer foundation/BB cream for me. I do use a primer (Boots brand) so that seems to cut the shine and oily feel/look down a good bit. I use my fingers to apply and that way I use less product and it goes on a little easier. It does have a slight smell kinda like sunscreen or tanning lotion but not bad. I wish the price was lower but for Smashbox its not too bad. I wear Fair and it blends pretty perfect for my skin tone. I went one shade up to the med/light and while i liked it I just didnt feel like it matched me too well.

on 6/13/2013 9:32:00 AM

This is my daily wear BB cream. It comes in the most shades out of all of the BB creams. Reasonably price and works better on my skintone compare to regular foundation.

Pro:
> price is reasonable (~$40USD or ~$50CAD)
> light coverage; minimize redness, covers freckles and acne scaring; does not cover actual acne

Con:
> low SPF rating
> limited functionality

Also at the end of my first tube, may look around to see if there are any new ones first before re-purchasing this item again.

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.