Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.8

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.

Not impressed by this product - unlike other BBC creams I've used it sits very heavily on my skin without absorbing in properly, and I found that over the course of the day it started to gather unpleasantly around the sides of my nose and under the bridge of my glasses. Colour match was fine for my skin (NW20) but again I've had better. I gave up on this product after half a dozen uses and have switched back to my Stila CC cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is heaven sent for acne prone skin!! I use it while on acne treatment, and it didn't worsen my breakouts. I'm nearing the end of my treatment, and I still use this. It's perfect for everyday barely there make up look. A small tube goes a long way. Used mine for about 3 months.

This is holy grail for me. I got it in the Sephora favorites superstars set for Christmas last year, but didn't actually use it for the first time until this summer. I cannot believe I waited so long to use it. I have combination skin, dry and oily at the same time. This is very moisturizing but I seriously do not get oily with this. It corrects both of those problems for me.
Even foundations that are meant to be mattifying or are for oily skin- make me oily and emphasize dry areas.
Plus I really like how it evens out my skin tone without covering my freckles. I do have to use concealer on my under eyes and on the red areas around my nose. But in the end it is just perfection.
No cakey foundation look, just looks like nice skin.
Does not break me out either.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend you to stay away from this BB cream. It gives me a massive broke out and it doesnt control oil at all! pros are ...Texture is great and very easy to apply and it has a wide range of shades.

on 5/4/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very surprised by this BB cream. The coverage is amazing (for me) and typically Smashbox products haven't performed on my skin or they broke me out. I have found myself reaching for this product over foundation and my other BB creams. I pair it with either a finishing powder and it looks great! It doesn't take much to cover small blemishes or redness and doesn't make my skin dry, flaky, or noticeably oily. It lasts about 8 hours without heavy activity. Overall, I am happy with this BB and will continue to use it.

on 4/5/2015 8:47:00 PM

Well it was a hit & miss with this one, I really wanted to love it but when comparing this to my HG Garnier BB cream for oily/combo - this stuff simply can't live up to it. This sinks into my pore, makes me super oily, the colour is horrible I'm either too light or too dark so I had to mix two colours but even then the colour was a bit off. It's really thick too.. I put on a finger tip on both my cheeks, fore head, chin and nose and yikes it still felt heavy! The first time I tried this I washed my face right away. But then I figured I bought this I might as well get the most out of it, I used it at least 1 week straight and could not go anymore as I stated above. I wanted to try the CC cream but after trying this I might just avoid.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!