Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

on 4/26/2015 2:47:00 AM

The only reason I am not currently using this product is because I cannot afford to buy it at the moment. However, it is definitely the best BB cream I have ever bought from Sephora. It looks great on by itself, without concealer and foundation. It also goes on beautifully with a sponge or brush. The best part is that it doesn't make me break out, and that says a lot for my skin. I usually wait five minutes before applying on top of my moisturizer and then adding a coat of my liquid foundation and concealer, along with a finishing powder.

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It matches my skin tone really well and doesn't break me out. I do think that my T zone get's oily after using this, but I've fallen asleep in this bb cream and have been breakout-free the next day. I will buy this again if I can't find something better. I also really like the way it goes on, it looks more natural to me than other things that I have tried.

I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant to try another BB Cream, after bad experiences with drugstore formulas and tinted moisturizers, but Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream changed my mind!

It took a while to get used to the product and how to apply it. The product is quite thick and does not spread easily; As such, I initially used much more than was necessary, which resulted in it looking a caked on and unnatural - not what you want from a BB cream! However, I eventually learned to use a much smaller amount and apply it in dots on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. From there, I just quickly blend it in before it sets. The result? A wonderfully even and smooth skin-tone without the appearance of wearing makeup! And the finish is perfect for warmer climates! Even in the heat and humidity, my face stays almost perfectly matter throughout the day, with an occasional blotting here and there.

I can't rave enough about this product! For someone who likes a light to medium coverage without looking "made up", this product is perfect... and being able apply my makeup and sun protection all in one step makes it my HG!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

OMG...this product is amazing. I recieved it as a trial sized gift at Sephora while purchasing something else. Of course they only had one color which was light/medium...I'm african american and while I'm not dark, I'm definitely brown skinned. I figured that I would just use it to highlight or something. So, the first time I used it, I fell in love. I normally apply Mac Studio Fix Concealer under my eyes to brighten (I don't really have dark circles but I like to lighten things up). This is so much better. I apply a small amount under each eye and create a small triangle shape (I'm sure makeup people will know what I mean) and it looks so naturally bright. It makes my past application of concealer look fake. I haven't tried to highlight with this and I don't think I will. My makeup looks so amazing now. And I like that it was SPF in it. I used to use foundation that had SPF but I noticed that in pictures I look washed out and ashy, so I stopped. I like that I'm applying SPF right where the sun does the most damage on your face and if I take a picture, my whole face won't look like a pasty white doll face. I definitely plan to purchase this stuff in light/medium for the same purpose. I don't know how I was living my life before I starting using this stuff. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

on 4/27/2013 9:23:00 PM

This made me look soooo streaky no matter how I applied it.
Absolutely no coverage, super oily, and transfers onto EVERYTHING.

This stuff is amazing. Firstly, it is the first foundation, or coverage type product that has ever matched my skin perfectly. I'm Native American and Spanish and Irish...usually the undertones in make up are too pink / too yellow / too white. I got this in light and it blends perfectly, you absolutely cannot tell I have anything on, which I love. I also noticed it keeps my shine down. Not all the way, but with my skin I think that's impossible. Plus, I love that it feels nourishing. I used to use Neutrogena's skin Clearing Foundation, but it really dried my skin out, and any other foundation severely broke me out. This is smooth and lightly creamy, but not heavy or oily. I'm in heaven. Plus it has SPF which I never used before (make up with SPF always broke me out) and now I finally can.

The only thing some might have a problem with is it's light coverage. It obviously doesn't give as much as a foundation would, but I like that. I use this, then Botanics Complexion Refining Concealer over my problem spots and I have just enough coverage. I am now able to have coverage without looking like I'm wearing anything. I love it. And it's great on my skin. Sure it's a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for. This is actually the first thing I've gotten at Sephora, I'm typically a drug-store cosmetics kind of girl. But this is worth the money in my opinion.