Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream so far. It looks good when applied with a sponge, and it's pretty lightweight. It doesn't have much of an odor which is important to me because i have sensitivities.

It holds up well throughout the day, although it gathered a bit where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. It balances out my complexion well.

this bb cream isn't really a miracle, but it does the job. i will probably try out some other brands after i finish this bottle just to find the right one. i also i prefer a bb cream that is dispensed with a pump, this one's just a squeeze bottle.

Ok. I gave it quite a high rating altough I would not buy it myself. I'm looking for a new foundation and I got myself a free test of this product since it seemed to fit into what I was looking for, + paulas choice gave it great reviews..

Pros:
* No perfume
* Great texture, not too runny, not to full
* Can't feel it on the skin!
* Easy to apply.
* Evens out skintones beautifully
* Perfect match to my skintone (I'm...well...L5W3 (C35 in MAC), and I tried fair/light)
* Stayed on all day, not blotting/powder/whatever needed
* I'm especially impressed with staying Power on the nose! With most foundations, both powders/liquid, my nose usually becomes shiny after a while. ..Altough this lucky strike might just be because of the weather here (Cool and dry).

Cons:
* Somehow turned out powdery on my face. Not setting like a powder, more like showing of any skinflake I have.....gah..reminds me of a desert. Yep, I had moisturizer on prior to applying BB-Cream and I was afraid that it would get too "wet"....but no, this BB-Cream turned out "dry".
* I'm not super fond of the packaging. It's a great size, but I keep dreaming about more sanitary packaging choices (pumps for example).

*Price. I Think it is a good price, quite normal for a Foundation...right? + for those whom it works well on, the price is right ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

So when I first tried it, I loved it and left a rave review. However, now that I've tried several other bb creams, I've realized this one is very subpar. First off, it is very thick and hard to blend out. It tends to look streaky no matter how much I blend.

Also, it doesn't really soak into the skin like most other ones do. Even with a powder, I feel like this doesn't set AT ALL. It transfers very easily to my phone and sunglasses.

After wearing it all day, it began to separate and clump up around my nose, chin, and forehead. I was super disappointed.

The color selection is pretty bad as well. I got this in "light", which is the second lightest color. I'm really pale and I can usually get away with wearing the lightest shade in anything. But this is still very pale on me! And there's only 5 shades to choose from, so I'm sure the next shade up would have been far too dark.

On the upside, the coverage is very nice. It covered my blemishes and discoloration wonderfully. But with all the blending, it took way too much time to get those results! For the hefty price, it just wasn't worth it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase.

If you want a bb/cc cream that covers well, isn't super thick, and last a good while, try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. That stuff is the bomb.

on 5/27/2015 10:40:00 PM

At first I really liked this bb cream. It makes my skin look really smooth, and minimized my pores a lot. Coverage is light of course, but it wears very well throughout the day. It also helps with controlling oil. Unfortunately, something in this bb cream irritates my skin sometimes. I get irritated patches on my cheeks and nose that clear up after a few days. If this didn't irritate my skin, I still don't think its worth the price though ($50CAD). There are definitely some better ones at Sephora that are a bit cheaper or come with more product for $50.

on 5/22/2015 1:33:00 PM

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out 27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

on 4/26/2015 2:47:00 AM

The only reason I am not currently using this product is because I cannot afford to buy it at the moment. However, it is definitely the best BB cream I have ever bought from Sephora. It looks great on by itself, without concealer and foundation. It also goes on beautifully with a sponge or brush. The best part is that it doesn't make me break out, and that says a lot for my skin. I usually wait five minutes before applying on top of my moisturizer and then adding a coat of my liquid foundation and concealer, along with a finishing powder.

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.

on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.