L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

2.8

on 11/8/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never found anything from L'Oreal that I have liked. I keep trying them because people say they are good and I'm hoping maybe my past flops from the brand were flukes but that does not seem to be my experience.

I wanted to try a kohl liner, this looked appealing in the store, it came with a sharpener, and it was on sale: brilliant! This stupid thing was useless to me. It did not work as a kohl product, it did not work as an eyeliner, it did not work in the waterline. It was possibly the driest and hardest kohl liner I've tried to date. The cap stays on securely so I'm not sure why it seemed so crumbly but whatever. I'm glad I did not buy this at full price but I'm disappointed I wasted money on another L'Oreal product.

This is my go-to eyeliner for lining my waterline! It gives a very intense clean cut look. It isn't ideal if you want to do a winged line on top of your eyelid, but it is very easy to apply on the top and bottom inside waterlines.

It doesn't smudge. It stays on, unlike other liners I have used on my water line. It's a smooth application. Just make sure you don't misplace the sharpener. It's very difficult to use if it wears down.

It's a little pricy. I think it was about $9 when I got it. However it works well and lasts a long time. It's worth it.

on 1/9/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a kit in black. It's VERY black and sultry. I love it. It's become one of my favorite liners. Its very soft and easily smoked on the waterline and upper lash-line. I like to tight-line with this pencil because it really gives that look of super full lashes.

I haven't noticed any smudging or smearing. It seems to set after a minute. Gorgeous black and so creamy. I like how the pencil is more chubby and comes very pointed. It's not a self-sharpening pencil though, its a traditional one. Mine came with a sharpener and the False Fiber mascara.

Hard to explain but I like how the tip is very large and you don't need great makeup skills to maneuver the pencil. The tip is described as a "conal kajal tip." When this is smudged out, wow, its very smokey and sexy. Runs about $8.99.

on 2/16/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in Brown, and it is a very deep black/brown. It comes with a sharpener. Less expensive than Sue Devitt and some other chubby pencils. It does smudge which it is supposed to do like other kohl/kajal style pencils. I find it hard to control applying it though. Sometimes it goes on smooth, and other times it "skips" going on. Unfortunately, it also started irritating my eyes and I had to discontinue wearing it. Note: I do not wear contact lenses or used it on the waterline of my eyes.

I like it. I use it. However, I don't like it enough or use it enough to ever buy it again. That's all that I will say about it.