L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.4

on 1/26/2017 1:22:00 PM

I recently picked this up because many years ago, I owned it in the most beautiful dark dusty violet shade and loved it. This time I bought it in the blackest black. It's a velvety matte black, creamy upon application but definitely adheres. It's one of the only things I have ever been able to wear on my waterline to get that kohl look I covet so much. I understand some of the complaints in these reviews but for what I wanted it for, a smoky smudgy look, it's been perfect. I use primer on my lids and right under my eyes when I wear this and it stays put pretty well - the only caveat is that the primer turns the eyeliner into cement immediately...great for longevity, terrible for blending/application. I definitely had the redo my makeup and outfit to more of a Craft theme the first time I tried this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love eyeliner. And this is one of my favorites. When I use it on my inner lower eyelids it does'nt make my eyes tear. A keeper and a must-try.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughh. What I love about this eyeliner is how smoldering and sultry it makes my eye makeup look. It glides on in a way that doesn't give me a straight black line, but a jagged, messier application which I love. It's also great for tight lining too. BUT this stuff smudges and transfer like crazy regardless of a primer or if I set it with a shadow. I never have a problem with smudged liner but this stuff gives me raccoon eyes within an hour. I was too lazy to return it but I'll figure out how to make use of it

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really want to love this product but its hard :/ It applies so easy on my waterline because of the creamy texture and its very black!! But within an hour, it fades and wears off. It gets under my eyes & looks terrible. Sometimes i apply black eyeshadow on top which helps it last a little longer but regardless it will smear eventually. If u have makeup remover & time to reapply then i guess that works lol. Again it looks really nice but the lasting power is meh

on 7/9/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So I bought this in the color grey and initially was very pleased with my purchase. the formula was smooth and the color was very smokey without being sue dark which was what i was looking for. Ufirtunately this product smears throughout the day especially on the waterline, by the end of the day i would look like a raccoon which is not cute.

The lasting power is not there, and in the winter time the formula changed completely. It was the oddest thing I have seen when it comes to beauty products. From november to april the formula was very stiff, which you might think would at least maek this product stay in place but nope it still bled. Now that we are in the summer months the formula is back to its creamy state. It is just wierd I will be trashing this and looking for a better alternative.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black; other colours include Brown & Grey. It costs $9 at Ulta, but it's on sale for $5. Like it advertises, it does glide easily & the black colour is very intense. If you're new to wearing makeup or just someone who has a little trouble applying eyeliner, I think this is a good starting one because it's creamy & easy to apply. This particular pencil is good whether you like simple thin lines or dramatic thick ones. I like using it to create thin lines & wearing it on my waterline… unfortunately, & I'm not sure if it's my oily/very oily skin, but I find that this just doesn't last long on my eyes. It fades throughout the day, smudges, & runs. Having to stop & reapply makeup is such a big pet peeve of mine—I don't like makeup that doesn't wear long. I'm on my second pencil & nothing I do can seem to make it last, so even though this is one of the best products for clean & super-pigmented lines, I won't be buying another one. If you don't have oily lids, you should check it out though!

Update: I've now read that people with normal skin are also saying that the staying power is no good, so maybe it's not my skin type; I guess it's just the creamy formula

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the size of the pencil. It looks really good as soon as you apply it. I like the price. You get a lot of product for the price. I dislike the staying power. After a few hours this eyeliner is completely gone. It has 0 staying power and for that I won't buy it again

on 4/12/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Oops! I lost this eyeliner! Just kidding, I threw it away. Yes, this is very black. Yes, you can smoke this out. But what's the point when you can't wear this on a night out without having it smear all over your face?

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly love this eyeliner . It is pitch black and gives my eyes a very dramatic look! It does not stay in place throughout the day so u will have to clean off mid day and reapply to keep fresh and smudge free but the way it looks is priceless! I don't buy any other eyeliner now. Loyal customer here :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an affordable pencil to use for a smudgy smokey eye. I purchased this in brown to do a chocolate smokey eye. Topped with a chocolate matte eye shadow really makes this last for at least ten hours of wear. I do not apply in my bottom lid as it does smudge heavily in that area. Instead I use a waterproof liner in the waterline then use my pencil brush to smudge the chocolate matte shadow in my lash line. Love it and wish there were more colors to pair up with my brown eyes. Will definitely repurchase.