L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.7

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD EYELINER
I bought this because I like natural eye makeup and thought the smoldering would be sultry

This eyeliner was very difficult to wear
1) The pencil is wide and short. It looks more like an eyeshadow crayons for the lid, which makes it hard to get a precise application. I have sensitive eyes and it's taken me long to learn to not blink, but a pencil this thick is a lot more challenging than a standard thin eyeliner.
2) It has a tendency to run down my lower lid - unless you're Taylor Momsen or Avril Lavigne, chances are you can't rock panda eyes! No matter what I do it somehow transfers. Very unflattering!

I didn't want to waste money so I tried my best to use this up, but I saw how ridiculous I looked when this stuff transfers, and it's not worth suffering for 3 months. Straight to the trash - I'm sticking with NYX (retractable) and Rimmel Scandaleyes

Ack! I lost the sharpener it came with! Luckily I own an old Rimmel oversized JEP sharpener (also useful for Milani, elf, & NYX pencils), but it was kind of them to supply a sharpener! I like this pencil a lot. It's like a fat version of the wnw Color Icon 99ยข pencils but this does not require a cigarette lighter; it's plenty soft & does not tug/pull. This fades neatly, I don't get pandas off this. I have very oily lids & it stays just as well as any other pencil liner. I don't do pencil liners as often as liquid. I got this in a subscription bag. It really IS smoldering, it gives you a sexpot look. I like this w a very pale lip (imagine: MAC Myth). It's not meant to be precise; it's meant to be smudged out to be smoky. I love the size of this liner, it affords me a lot of control. If I ever lost this (or used it up!), I would replace it. It's about the only kajal I really like. I don't like those kajals you don't sharpen that the entire tip is exposed coz I break them off. I guess I just just draw/push hard but I never break off the tip of this pencil. IF I did I would just resharpen it of course. I admit this is 1 of my fave pencils just coz it's so unique. There is nothing out there exactly like this. I tend to wear winged eyeliner (liquid) so this doesn't get as much use as it deserves. $9 is kinda high for a DS product, I hate paying more than $10 for any DS product I find it loathesome. This checks right in at ~$10 w tax but is worth it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an affordable pencil to use for a smudgy smokey eye. I purchased this in brown to do a chocolate smokey eye. Topped with a chocolate matte eye shadow really makes this last for at least ten hours of wear. I do not apply in my bottom lid as it does smudge heavily in that area. Instead I use a waterproof liner in the waterline then use my pencil brush to smudge the chocolate matte shadow in my lash line. Love it and wish there were more colors to pair up with my brown eyes. Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/19/2013 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought this pencil to try out the Eastern smudgy eyeliner look, and...no. Either it's the pencil, or I'm doing it wrong, but it doesn't matter because I still really like this eyeliner!

Most of the time, I just place eyeliner under my upper eyelashes to darken the lashline. Not really the waterline, but there's still a huge potential for irritation. I should suck it up and take the time to tightline with gel eyeliner and a brush, but I'm lazy a lot of the time.

There are really only a couple of pencils I can use, because of where I'm putting the eyeliner. Anything "long wearing" or "waterproof" is likely to cause a filmy feeling on my eye. This eyeliner doesn't irritate my eyes or cause that filmy feeling at all. It's easy to apply, creamy and pigmented, and it stays where I put it just fine. It won't last through tears or rain, and it won't look perfect 24 hours later, but I'm happy with it!

on 11/11/2012 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I have this in brown. It is nice and smudgy, and looks bold when first applied. But is it strange that I don't trust this enough to wear it out the house for an extended period of time? It's so smudgy to the point where it doesn't truly 'finish' or dry.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this in grey. Since this is my only grey liner, I will keep it. I like the creamy texture of the pencil. I like the way that it feels in my hand when I apply it. It's easy to use. However, because I have hooded eyes. this is not the best product for me. It does transfer quite a bit to my upper lid.
Edit: This works really well when it's smudged. I used it the other day after blending it out with a brush. It stayed really well and was very pretty.

on 1/9/2012 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love pencil eyeliners and was excited to try this new one. I'm not impressed. This is "Brown" but looks to be black on me. One of those dark browns that looks black on like a lot of others I've tried on my super-white skin.
I've tried this a few times the past week and right away I have big smudges on my eyelids and it starts to smudge underneath.
In the garbage it goes!