L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.3

on 11/8/2018 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never found anything from L'Oreal that I have liked. I keep trying them because people say they are good and I'm hoping maybe my past flops from the brand were flukes but that does not seem to be my experience.

I wanted to try a kohl liner, this looked appealing in the store, it came with a sharpener, and it was on sale: brilliant! This stupid thing was useless to me. It did not work as a kohl product, it did not work as an eyeliner, it did not work in the waterline. It was possibly the driest and hardest kohl liner I've tried to date. The cap stays on securely so I'm not sure why it seemed so crumbly but whatever. I'm glad I did not buy this at full price but I'm disappointed I wasted money on another L'Oreal product.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD EYELINER
I bought this because I like natural eye makeup and thought the smoldering would be sultry

This eyeliner was very difficult to wear
1) The pencil is wide and short. It looks more like an eyeshadow crayons for the lid, which makes it hard to get a precise application. I have sensitive eyes and it's taken me long to learn to not blink, but a pencil this thick is a lot more challenging than a standard thin eyeliner.
2) It has a tendency to run down my lower lid - unless you're Taylor Momsen or Avril Lavigne, chances are you can't rock panda eyes! No matter what I do it somehow transfers. Very unflattering!

I didn't want to waste money so I tried my best to use this up, but I saw how ridiculous I looked when this stuff transfers, and it's not worth suffering for 3 months. Straight to the trash - I'm sticking with NYX (retractable) and Rimmel Scandaleyes

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly love this eyeliner . It is pitch black and gives my eyes a very dramatic look! It does not stay in place throughout the day so u will have to clean off mid day and reapply to keep fresh and smudge free but the way it looks is priceless! I don't buy any other eyeliner now. Loyal customer here :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in both the brown and grey shades and love them both. I love the thick, smudgy line it produces with no dragging, skipping or tugging, and it lasts quite nicely if topped with a powder. I will definitely repurchase and plan on picking up the violet one next.

on 2/16/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in Brown, and it is a very deep black/brown. It comes with a sharpener. Less expensive than Sue Devitt and some other chubby pencils. It does smudge which it is supposed to do like other kohl/kajal style pencils. I find it hard to control applying it though. Sometimes it goes on smooth, and other times it "skips" going on. Unfortunately, it also started irritating my eyes and I had to discontinue wearing it. Note: I do not wear contact lenses or used it on the waterline of my eyes.

on 2/5/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have this in green &I really like it, this is a kajal inspired liner and says so on the packaging. Kajals are for smudging, and are not the best for the water line, it may irritate and definitely will run. I line my upper and lower lash line & smudge out, the color is awesome, I'll be purchasing the black and brown too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this in the Brown shade and it's a very dark, espresso, almost-black brown which is what I like because my eyes are very dark brown and lighter brown eyeliner looks strange on me (black eyeliner just makes me look like a floozy). It's soft enough to go on easily with no tugging, but it may be just a smidge too soft because it does smudge after a few hours of wear and if I use a smudger brush to smudge the line when I apply, it basically just smudges off completely. It is a deep color so I see why the "Smoldering" name is appropriate. I like the color so much that I would probably repurchase.