L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.2

I thought I liked this but it is getting more awful the more I use it. It transfers almost immediately and gives me terrible raccoon eyes. Would not recommend. Just looks messy!

Ack! I lost the sharpener it came with! Luckily I own an old Rimmel oversized JEP sharpener (also useful for Milani, elf, & NYX pencils), but it was kind of them to supply a sharpener! I like this pencil a lot. It's like a fat version of the wnw Color Icon 99ยข pencils but this does not require a cigarette lighter; it's plenty soft & does not tug/pull. This fades neatly, I don't get pandas off this. I have very oily lids & it stays just as well as any other pencil liner. I don't do pencil liners as often as liquid. I got this in a subscription bag. It really IS smoldering, it gives you a sexpot look. I like this w a very pale lip (imagine: MAC Myth). It's not meant to be precise; it's meant to be smudged out to be smoky. I love the size of this liner, it affords me a lot of control. If I ever lost this (or used it up!), I would replace it. It's about the only kajal I really like. I don't like those kajals you don't sharpen that the entire tip is exposed coz I break them off. I guess I just just draw/push hard but I never break off the tip of this pencil. IF I did I would just resharpen it of course. I admit this is 1 of my fave pencils just coz it's so unique. There is nothing out there exactly like this. I tend to wear winged eyeliner (liquid) so this doesn't get as much use as it deserves. $9 is kinda high for a DS product, I hate paying more than $10 for any DS product I find it loathesome. This checks right in at ~$10 w tax but is worth it.

on 4/25/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Comes with a great sharpener! Nice dark brown, but wish it came in a lighter brown as well for daytime. Goes on nicely, and a fine line stays put for hours. However, a thick line ends up looking like eyes shadow pretty quickly.

I bought this chubby pencil eyeliner in grey (hard to find!), and it provides a softer look than black without the warmth of brown, which tends to make me look tired (blue eyes, cool coloring). I was pleasantly surprised that, unlike every other eyeliner I have tried over the years, this goes on and stays on my watery, allergy-sensitive waterline. I also like that it comes with a sharpener.

I understand this product is for the smudgy look but wow it runs everywhere! I don't like it at all.