L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner

3.3

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD EYELINER
I bought this because I like natural eye makeup and thought the smoldering would be sultry

This eyeliner was very difficult to wear
1) The pencil is wide and short. It looks more like an eyeshadow crayons for the lid, which makes it hard to get a precise application. I have sensitive eyes and it's taken me long to learn to not blink, but a pencil this thick is a lot more challenging than a standard thin eyeliner.
2) It has a tendency to run down my lower lid - unless you're Taylor Momsen or Avril Lavigne, chances are you can't rock panda eyes! No matter what I do it somehow transfers. Very unflattering!

I didn't want to waste money so I tried my best to use this up, but I saw how ridiculous I looked when this stuff transfers, and it's not worth suffering for 3 months. Straight to the trash - I'm sticking with NYX (retractable) and Rimmel Scandaleyes

on 1/26/2017 1:22:00 PM

I recently picked this up because many years ago, I owned it in the most beautiful dark dusty violet shade and loved it. This time I bought it in the blackest black. It's a velvety matte black, creamy upon application but definitely adheres. It's one of the only things I have ever been able to wear on my waterline to get that kohl look I covet so much. I understand some of the complaints in these reviews but for what I wanted it for, a smoky smudgy look, it's been perfect. I use primer on my lids and right under my eyes when I wear this and it stays put pretty well - the only caveat is that the primer turns the eyeliner into cement immediately...great for longevity, terrible for blending/application. I definitely had the redo my makeup and outfit to more of a Craft theme the first time I tried this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love eyeliner. And this is one of my favorites. When I use it on my inner lower eyelids it does'nt make my eyes tear. A keeper and a must-try.

on 6/20/2015 11:33:00 AM

So I decided to try a new eyeliner, because I love trying new makeup. This does glide on very smooth, however it also smudges horribly! The pencil size makes it hard to apply a thin line unless it's super sharpened which wastes so much product sharpening it every time and cutting off so much eyeliner. Also, you better get it right right away, because this will not layer. If you try to go a line that has set for a few seconds it will pull up specks from the previous line that you can not re-cover! I have done this so many times trying to make a line darker and it ends up smearing itself and actually looking worse. I have been wearing eyeliner for years, and this is just not a good eyeliner in my opinion. It smears so fast that usually before I finish my makeup it starts to fade to gray even though I bought black. Definitely not buying again.

I thought I liked this but it is getting more awful the more I use it. It transfers almost immediately and gives me terrible raccoon eyes. Would not recommend. Just looks messy!

This is my go-to eyeliner for lining my waterline! It gives a very intense clean cut look. It isn't ideal if you want to do a winged line on top of your eyelid, but it is very easy to apply on the top and bottom inside waterlines.

It doesn't smudge. It stays on, unlike other liners I have used on my water line. It's a smooth application. Just make sure you don't misplace the sharpener. It's very difficult to use if it wears down.

It's a little pricy. I think it was about $9 when I got it. However it works well and lasts a long time. It's worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ack! I lost the sharpener it came with! Luckily I own an old Rimmel oversized JEP sharpener (also useful for Milani, elf, & NYX pencils), but it was kind of them to supply a sharpener! I like this pencil a lot. It's like a fat version of the wnw Color Icon 99¢ pencils but this does not require a cigarette lighter; it's plenty soft & does not tug/pull. This fades neatly, I don't get pandas off this. I have very oily lids & it stays just as well as any other pencil liner. I don't do pencil liners as often as liquid. I got this in a subscription bag. It really IS smoldering, it gives you a sexpot look. I like this w a very pale lip (imagine: MAC Myth). It's not meant to be precise; it's meant to be smudged out to be smoky. I love the size of this liner, it affords me a lot of control. If I ever lost this (or used it up!), I would replace it. It's about the only kajal I really like. I don't like those kajals you don't sharpen that the entire tip is exposed coz I break them off. I guess I just just draw/push hard but I never break off the tip of this pencil. IF I did I would just resharpen it of course. I admit this is 1 of my fave pencils just coz it's so unique. There is nothing out there exactly like this. I tend to wear winged eyeliner (liquid) so this doesn't get as much use as it deserves. $9 is kinda high for a DS product, I hate paying more than $10 for any DS product I find it loathesome. This checks right in at ~$10 w tax but is worth it.

on 11/27/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the grey colour which is pretty dark - looks basically black on me. Overall, this didn't wow me.. The pros: it does go on really nice and smooth, it smudges great. The colour is nice and has a wee bit of sparkle/shimmer (not sure about any other colours?). I like the idea of the chubby pencil and it comes with a really good sharpener. The con(s): it just doesn't last. I realise this was not advertised as long-wearing or waterproof, but I never really have problems with makeup not staying and I never feel like I have to buy specific products to ensure lasting power. This stuff just vanishes into thin air! Aside from that, I noticed that it kinda migrates away from my lash line onto my lid in little clumps? I have to re-smudge it during the day. So far I have only used this as a cheap-ish daytime/casual/work eyeliner. Someone suggested setting it with an eyeshadow which I imagine would be good, but honestly I have better eyeliners that I save for my evening and going out looks! L'Oreal usually is my go-to drugstore brand for eye products but not this time!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughh. What I love about this eyeliner is how smoldering and sultry it makes my eye makeup look. It glides on in a way that doesn't give me a straight black line, but a jagged, messier application which I love. It's also great for tight lining too. BUT this stuff smudges and transfer like crazy regardless of a primer or if I set it with a shadow. I never have a problem with smudged liner but this stuff gives me raccoon eyes within an hour. I was too lazy to return it but I'll figure out how to make use of it

on 9/19/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this just for the hell of it. I got Brown instead of Black on accident, but it proved to be a fantastic choice! It goes on smooth but is darkly dramatic, and it lasts a decent while. The brown is a lovely compliment to my blue-green eyes. I'd buy this again.