Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush

No Image

3.7

on 9/9/2016 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly, this brush is amazing! I usually never reach for a natural fiber brush for cream/liquid products. I usually use something similar to the real techniques buffer brush, and similar shapes to that. And those types of brushes are good as well. But because of the shape of the Tom Ford brush, I find it a lot easier to do areas like under my eyes and around my nose. While with the buffering style brushes, they're usually to round/big for areas that require a little more effort/work. I do think the brush is very expensive, and when I was researching the Charlotte Tilbury brush looked identical, but i read that the bristles are not as soft, so I shed the extra 20$ for TF. I will say it feels a lot nicer than some of my more affordable brushes. And I prefer it over my mac duo fiber foundation brush, so the price was a lot more worth it for that reason. I would recommend to those that have sensitive skin (as the bristles are very soft) with some extra money to spare on something more luxurious. If you're on a budget, stay away. Perfect gift to ask for brithday/holidays.

Normally I use a beauty blender or a bare escentuals kabuki but I thought I'd splurge on some Tom Ford cosmetics & accessories after landing an awesome job. I paid full price, $72 USD for this brush. It was not what I expected. It does shed and the fibers stick to your made-up face, and for this price I expected something that would flawlessly and seamlessly blend my liquid makeup. I was egregiously let-down. My expectations weren't unattainable. They were on par with this type of luxury brand, and I returned the brush to Neiman Marcus promptly. Absolute fail for Tom Ford.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This Brush is a really good brush don't get me wrong, however I don't think this is worth the money. I have used the Real Techniques Expert Face and Buffing brushes and find that they are actually better. I now use this brush to blend it my Shade and Illuminate Contour cream. I have not experienced too much shedding as some users have mentioned, however on some occasions when applying foundation I get the odd hair or two on my face. Its a beautiful high quality brush but for that kind of money your better of investing in a few real techniques brushes and you will still have some money left

on 8/5/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sheds like a dog on a hot summer day! For $72 and all the hype wouldnt you think it would work for cream foundation? Nope. For cheek color it works fine but when I used it with Traceless Perfecting Foundation it left white hairs stuck to my face mixed in with the foundation. Horrible.

I like my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush so much better for applying any kind of fdtn - soft, doesnt shed and doesnt streak. And cheap!

on 7/9/2014 2:51:00 PM

This could be a really amazing brush if it didn't shed hairs. Yes I paid £56 for this brush and it shreds more hairs than my dog when it moults in the summer. I have to pick hairs off my face every time I use it which is really annoying. Getting past the hair problem I can use this brush with both liquid and cream foundation and it does blend like a dream and is super soft. I thought the white hairs may of been a problem to clean but I use bobbi brown brush cleanser and it restores the hairs back to their original colour. I have since purchased the real techniques expert face brush and had I the chance to try both these brushes before purchase I would of purchased the real techniques. It doesn't perform quite as well as the tom ford... But really there isn't a lot of difference between the two and for the price I could of had nine RT brushes. Honestly save yourselves some (a lot) of money and go for the real techniques.

on 3/25/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush is $72 and WOW....I need my head examined for buying as many TF brushes that I did when I could have just bought Hakuhodo brushes which I heard make TF brushes. I use this brush with the TF Foundation Stick and it is nice but $72 nice. Let's see how it works with my Dior Liquid Foundation.The white bristles are a pain b/c for $72, I want the brush to wash perfectly and look amazing in my bathroom! hahaha

on 2/25/2014 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

LOVE this brush!!! I had been using the beauty blender and thought that was the greatest thing ever until I got this brush. This layers on cream foundation so flawlessly it's like a dream! My first and fav TF brush. Was able to get it from a blarghsale for $55 so even the price was right:)

on 4/16/2012 2:49:00 PM

An A+ brush with no current comparable peer on the market. I think the Real Techniques Expert Face brush is a similar shape, but I don’t have to compare it to. This TF brush is softer than soft and blends 100% streak and line free no matter how light or heavy your hand. It is completely user friendly for someone of any level, including a heavy-handed novice like myself. I’ve used to apply and blend Shu cream stick foundations, liquid foundations (Nars SG and Chanel VA), undereye concealer (Bobbi and MAC), blemish concealer and watery MUFE Face & Body formulas and it works for it all. It feels so lovely on the skin and I can’t say enough on how beautifully it blends bases. A FORTUNE at $75, but is the reigning favorite in my collection. A must-have tool for a flawlessly “natural” (hehe) complexion.

on 1/4/2012 10:43:00 PM

This is a fantastic brush. It works beautifully in applying and buffing the TF stick foundation and also works wonderfully applying other liquid foundations. It has a softly rounded head which is great at buffing the blending the foundation into flawlessness and the flat sides are great at applying and spreading the makeup. The hairs are very soft but not fluffy and very densely packed. Though the hairs are white, it washes very well and returns to its pristine white color. I've washed numerous times and it has not lost a hair either while using or during washing.

I've read that the Shu Uemura foundation brush 18 is a great dupe for this. I would love to pick up another TF cream foundation brush, but to be easier on the wallet, I may check out the Shu one.

Popular Makeup Brushes