Rimmel ScandalEyes

Rimmel ScandalEyes
Rimmel Scandal eyes (on bare eyes)ScandalEyesScandalEyesScandalEyesScandalEyes

2.7

on 2/1/2017 7:21:00 PM

Quick note to self as I finally Marie Kondo my makeup/skincare stash and toss this after years of use and years of just collecting dust because I have a habit of not tossing things. The formula is quite thick, but surprisingly wasn’t too heavy on my straight Asian lashes. It didn’t cause them to droop back down after curling them and applying my “HG” Shiseido mascara base. It takes a little while to dry, so try not to blink! I have monolids that fold in/under near the lash line, so it naturally gets on my lids (even if I’m trying not to blink!), but if I’m wearing eyeliner, it’s not a big deal. It gave me very voluminous eyes with a little extra length, though it could get clumpy and spidery at times if you apply too many coats. I liked using it for a night out, sometimes with falsies added. Not a fan of the fat tube though – takes up too much space in your makeup bag! Overall, not the worst mascara I’ve tried – it at least gave my lashes some oomph and didn’t just weigh them down like some other mascaras do.

on 1/19/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not for me. No issues with irritation or allergy but the wand leaves me wanting. I end up with really clumpy lashes, and I have to wipe most of the product off into the neck of the bottle to try and avoid it. The formula seems... heavy? Even if I curl my lashes before, apply a light layer and then curl again when dry, the droop. The dry time is long, even with a light layer. This might be my fault entirely, but I CANNOT apply this stuff without getting it all over my eyelids. I haven't had that issue in a long time. Going to be going back to LashBlast.

on 12/27/2016 2:12:00 AM

I never understood allergy towards mascara until I used this. The moment it dried, my eyes itched so bad and the mascara flaked, which made it worse.

Why would anyone put fragrance/perfume in mascara?!!!

I did not like this mascara. I like fluffy, thick eyelashes and this did the opposite. It gave me clumpy spidery looking eyelashes. The formula wasn't nice as it was too runny. The only ok thing about this mascara was the cheap price for 12ml tube but I won't buy it again no matter how stapped for cash I am.

Edit: I found that if you use a thin layer of another good mascara first, Scandaleyes will build well on top making it usable!

on 11/11/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is AWFUL. As a fan of Rimmel mascaras, i tend to buy them most of the time and they are generally very good - this is the exception to the rule by a long way... It's wet, goes all over the eye lids and also clumps together in a horrid way that makes you look like the eye lashes are spikes - AWFUL! I've persevered with it for a month now and it has not improved my opinion on it.
I guess the only bonus is it is easy to remove... but that's because so little product goes on if you use it to avoid getting clumpy, grim lashes anyway...
I only paid £4 or something for it as it was on offer but I still think it was a waste of money. I'm going to put it in the bin and get something else, it is THAT BAD!!!
Don't waste your money... I only put 1 lipstick because you can't put 0.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mascara is amazing! I have the 'Extreme Black' version and it is the best. It works nicely for daytime for a soft effect and it can add as much glamor as you want for a night out too.

It makes your eyelashes stand out without making them clumpy. It doesn't smudge and it looks amazing until you decide to remove your makeup. Though I like those plastic wands with tiny bristles best, this one does the trick wonderfully. Unless I find really big discounts and I can try out some others, I stick to this mascara.

on 4/6/2016 10:27:00 AM

This mascara was useless! I bought the waterproof in Black and applied it just alike always do by using a lash curler first. When I applied the mascara, it seemed that no mascara deposited onto my lashes, although it had to because my lashes went from curled to straight right away, so is a very wet mascara with little color. All I can say is YUK! It's a total waste of money and I will be returning it for a refund! I will return to my old faithful waterproof Maybelline Great Lash

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i love the product because it makes my lashes look excellent. the only reason why i bought this mascara is because it was on sell at H.E.B . i usually don't buy mascara when i run out because it could be pricey depending on where you go. And in some cases, a waste of money. being that this mascara was so cheap at H.E.B, i thought it would be a waste but actually, it works better than most. i would definitely buy this product again and again!!!!!!

on 3/18/2016 8:06:00 AM

Not the best mascara in the world. I have naturally thick, dark lashes and don't need a lot of mascara in the first place so I only use it lightly on my top lashes.

I like the thick brush but the formula makes my lashes look wet, especially after first applying, and it's prone to clumping if you're not careful. Definitely don't use it on your bottom lashes, it'll ruin your entire makeup.

I've been using it for a few months and am just waiting for it to finish or dry out before buying a new one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this mascara is a disaster. my eyelashes have never looked worse. and it's for sure the formula not the massive brush because I actually prefer a larger brush.

Popular Mascaras