L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 2/12/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Only AFTER buying this did I read the reviews. Something I rarely ever do.

I'm giving this a 3 because the way others are using it as a highlighter makes a lot more sense than using it as a primer.

It doesn't work well as a primer. If you put it all over your face it looks pretty good in the bathroom mirror, but pretty terrible once you're under those flattering fluorescents at work. My face just looked.... kind of oily in a ghostly kind of way.

I've been using an E.L.F. primer that I'm pretty happy with. By comparison this product doesn't feel like it allows my makeup to glide on as smoothly. I'll try using this the way others have and see if it works as a highlighter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS AWESOME ON MY NOSE,CHEEKS,AND CHIN,I LOOK YOUNGER,MY MAKEUP LOOKS SO GOOD,DEWY,BRIGHTER,I DONT USE IT AS A PRIMER,JUST TO BRIGHTEN AREAS TO LIFT THE FACE.

on 1/18/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combo skin with most of my oil developing around my nose area.

I really love both matte and dewy finishes, and I thought I would give this primer a go. But I really didn't think this through because I always, always powder after my foundation since that is the only way my oil can be controlled. And of course, after powder, any dewiness that managed to show through the foundation is completely gone, making this primer pointless.

That being said, this primer just isn't for me. I have textured, bumpy skin with lots of discoloration that really needs a soothing primer.

[0]

on 12/31/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a fairly good primer for the right skin type, which is DRY. Very wet, very moisturizing consistency. It's pretty good for a drugstore primer over all but I do have to say that depending on what kind of skin you have you're either going to love it or hate it. For reference I have combination skin.

PROS:
I'm personally into the dewy, natural looking skin finish and this primer helps achieve that. I typically used to apply this all over my cheeks and then applied my foundation with a beauty blender over it, This gave a really nice "radiance from within" type look, and the product itself feels very moisturizing.

CONS:
I'm an acne prone teen with scars and whatnot and this product didn't do a thing to my pores at all. It also takes a very long time for this product to dry down as it feels very wet, and when applied to any areas on my face that gets oily, it doesn't help the foundation stay at all. Because of this I started to only apply this where my face is a little drier, which is basically everywhere except my T Zone, and it did perform well when I did that but with my pores not being smoothed, and my nose and forehead being left primerless I decided to switch.

TLDR: I recommend this to people with dry skin that want to feel a little more hydrated and dewy. Be warned hower, this doesn't have the "skin smoothing" properties that some primers do have. Be careful about applying this on oily areas, and if you were planning on buying this only to use as a highlighter, this is a great nose highlight but it emphasized the pores on my cheeks.

on 12/1/2016 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product a lot. It's pricier than some other drugstore primers but it's very nice. The packaging is sleek and though the amount of product is small (I think 0.63 oz in mine), the pump dispenses just a little bit at a time and it does last a while. The product is glowy but not at all glittery. It feels moisturizing to the skin. My face runs dry so I appreciate this. It helps foundations to go on smoothly. Not sure how much it helps to keep makeup long lasting - I also use setting spray so it's just hard to pin point what is helping the most - the primer and/or setting spray. But, I do recommend this product and would repurchase, hopefully when it's on sale.

Oh, My God, this is so fantastic, I actually put it on over my foundation, liquid Neutrogena Buff, I never use powder foundation, because my skin is really oily. But that is a good thing because it has kept my skin really soft and glowing. I looked in a magnifying mirror, and it is as if my pores disappeared, and my face glows so angelically. I never thought I would buy a primer, but when it said luminescent, I had to try it. It just brings my features out, it shows off my eyes, my plump lips, and everything looks more glowy and soft and beautiful, I will buy it again when I run out. I don't usually write reviews, but I had to for this amazing product.

on 11/15/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this after seeing it written about on allure.com. I don't usually do that as most of their advice and recommendations and either bullshit or purchased ads or some combo of both. But I wanted to try the product and I'm glad I did. It's very useful. I don't care for it mixed in with foundation but love it underneath as a primer or better yet a second primer (I more often apply it over another primer like stila hydrating or the loreal professional one in the tub, like I saw a youtuber do with lovely results...this makes it stick better and avoids that greasy feeling).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this as a highlighter. I tried using as a primer and mixing with foundation and the results were terrible. made my foundation super cakey and thick. So I just apply a bit to my checkbones, cupid's bow and other highlight areas after I do my foundation. Gives a nice subtle glow. And using it like this, the bottle will last me a long time!

I like this but I don't love it. It's quite expensive, gorgeous sleek packaging. I normally put it on my nose and cheeks before applying foundation, and I'll mix it with foundation. It's great if you have a dark foundation and you need to lighten it. I think it's good but I wouldn't repurchase :)