L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 4/8/2017 12:11:00 PM

This primer is absolutely amazing and my go to for a glowy primer. It does not fill in pores, fine lines or block oils, but for a dewy glowy looking foundation it works perfectly. I will use a pore and fine line filling primer around my nose and on my smile lines. Then I will put this on the rest of my face and it's not glittery or shimmery it just gives a glow. On my no-makeup days, I will do my brows and mascara then put this on the high points of my face and it looks really healthy and glowy. I definitely recommend it and a little goes a long way.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel the problem with this product is its labeling as a "primer". Not even on the packaging does it make any claims that remotely indicate this as a true primer in terms of foundation longevity/blurring/pore filling, etc. It does, however, claim to be "light infusing". Also, the directions suggest using the product on "specific areas of the face to create a sculpted effect". Basically, this is a very subtle liquid luminizer. Those with dry skin would probably benefit from using this-particularly with drying foundations. I have combo/mostly oily skin and did not find this product to exacerbate my oiliness in any way. I would probably repurchase in the event of a sale/coupon situation, though not with the intention of using as a primer the next time around!

on 3/12/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this and never used it until I tried a foundation that was to dull on my skin and this gave it life!!!!

Gives my skin a nice tone/ finish but doesn't work well as a primer for me. There is no difference in how well my foundation looks or lasts with this.

on 3/1/2017 10:51:00 PM

This product is really nice if your looking for something underneath your foundation to add some glow. I usually use this under my Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. I feel that the tarte foundation can be too dry for my liking, but combined with this primer it's a perfect mix between matte and glowy. Overall I like this primer to add glow, but It doesn't really do anything else I like my primers to do (blur pores, increase the longevity of my foundation, and hydrate)

on 2/25/2017 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry and sensitive skin, but I really like the whole 'dewey' makeup look so I thought that this primer would be perfect. I read a lot of reviews and saw people used it as a primer or mixed in with their foundation.
When I first used this, I had some acne on my face so I didn't think that this product was the problem. However, recently my skin has cleared up a lot and the other day I decided to give it a go again. At the end of the day, I broke out.. I had little pimples on my face so yeah.. probably won't use it again....

I have to say though, for a primer, it doesn't do much other than giving a little glow. But if your foundation is thick and has heavy coverage then forget about this primer because that 'little glow' will disappear. I think the best way to apply this is to apply it as a highlighter (after your base makeup), or mix it in with your foundation.
It won't smooth out your pores or tone your skin so if you are looking for a primer like that, then keep looking. It also doesn't make your makeup last any longer, so you should still use a setting spray. This may be irrelevant too, but I find that this product smells like glue(?), whether or not you find that a good or a bad thing is up to you.

I can't say that I'm happy with this purchase as it broke me out. It is also quite pricey for something coming from priceline. Nevertheless, I just can't justify recommending this product as there are alternatives out there if you still want a 'dewey' look.

on 2/12/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Only AFTER buying this did I read the reviews. Something I rarely ever do.

I'm giving this a 3 because the way others are using it as a highlighter makes a lot more sense than using it as a primer.

It doesn't work well as a primer. If you put it all over your face it looks pretty good in the bathroom mirror, but pretty terrible once you're under those flattering fluorescents at work. My face just looked.... kind of oily in a ghostly kind of way.

I've been using an E.L.F. primer that I'm pretty happy with. By comparison this product doesn't feel like it allows my makeup to glide on as smoothly. I'll try using this the way others have and see if it works as a highlighter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS AWESOME ON MY NOSE,CHEEKS,AND CHIN,I LOOK YOUNGER,MY MAKEUP LOOKS SO GOOD,DEWY,BRIGHTER,I DONT USE IT AS A PRIMER,JUST TO BRIGHTEN AREAS TO LIFT THE FACE.

on 1/18/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combo skin with most of my oil developing around my nose area.

I really love both matte and dewy finishes, and I thought I would give this primer a go. But I really didn't think this through because I always, always powder after my foundation since that is the only way my oil can be controlled. And of course, after powder, any dewiness that managed to show through the foundation is completely gone, making this primer pointless.

That being said, this primer just isn't for me. I have textured, bumpy skin with lots of discoloration that really needs a soothing primer.

[0]

on 12/31/2016 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a fairly good primer for the right skin type, which is DRY. Very wet, very moisturizing consistency. It's pretty good for a drugstore primer over all but I do have to say that depending on what kind of skin you have you're either going to love it or hate it. For reference I have combination skin.

PROS:
I'm personally into the dewy, natural looking skin finish and this primer helps achieve that. I typically used to apply this all over my cheeks and then applied my foundation with a beauty blender over it, This gave a really nice "radiance from within" type look, and the product itself feels very moisturizing.

CONS:
I'm an acne prone teen with scars and whatnot and this product didn't do a thing to my pores at all. It also takes a very long time for this product to dry down as it feels very wet, and when applied to any areas on my face that gets oily, it doesn't help the foundation stay at all. Because of this I started to only apply this where my face is a little drier, which is basically everywhere except my T Zone, and it did perform well when I did that but with my pores not being smoothed, and my nose and forehead being left primerless I decided to switch.

TLDR: I recommend this to people with dry skin that want to feel a little more hydrated and dewy. Be warned hower, this doesn't have the "skin smoothing" properties that some primers do have. Be careful about applying this on oily areas, and if you were planning on buying this only to use as a highlighter, this is a great nose highlight but it emphasized the pores on my cheeks.