L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 5/30/2017 4:16:00 AM

I just love this product. I mix a dab with my foundation and it gives me a slight glow. I've tried it directly onto my skin but I prefer the look I get when mixing it.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of anything "glowy". I don't use highlighter, prefer satin matte finish- maybe because I have combo skin (oily t-zone). But this primer is actually great! It works very well with most of my foundations- doesn't make me look greasy, doesn't sit on top of my skin. Gives me radiance without making me look like a greaseball. I like to use it under more matte foundations, or on its own, with some spot concealing.
I tried similar primer from Burberry and except from the smell (Lumi has very unpleasant alcohol-y fragrance- a big downside), performance wise, there's not much difference between them.
Be sure to shake the bottle before each use, otherwise the product will separate!

on 5/12/2017 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First of all, as others have said: this is not a primer. The first time I tried this product, I learned very quickly that as someone with combo skin, this was NOT a product to apply to my t-zone.

Having said that, when I apply this over my regular primer, and before foundation, I find it gives me a really lovely, dewy (but not oily looking!) glow. I doesn't settle into any lines, and unlike more obvious highlighters, it doesn't accentuate any unevenness.

4/5 overall for being a really nice product that does great things for my skin
1/5 on price, because here in New Zealand, it costs at least $28 which I feel is a terrible rip off
4/5 for packaging. Small, sleek, and aesthetically pleasing. Minus one star because my bottle always pumps out just a bit too much, no matter how careful I am.

on 5/11/2017 10:12:00 PM

This disappears into my skin whether I put it on under or over foundation. I have stopped using it on my face and am trying to use it up by applying it to my collarbones for a little glow there. It's almost pointlessly subtle on me, and I ended up buying a different L'Oréal highlighter.

on 5/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

I was looking for something that would give me a bit of a glow without making me look like a sparkly Christmas decoration. I took a chance on this. It's actually pretty good. The pearl ( or whatever you call it) is not obvious. It holds the fdt. in place quite well. Does not make my face greasy or dry.

Only con: at first, it has a dreadful chemical smell. BUT ... it vanishes in seconds. Literally. Once I spread it on my face it disappears. Not a deal-breaker for me (the ONLY smell I cannot tolerate at all is the fish smell in Perricone products). Oh, one more thing. Always give it a good shake before you use it.

on 4/8/2017 12:11:00 PM

This primer is absolutely amazing and my go to for a glowy primer. It does not fill in pores, fine lines or block oils, but for a dewy glowy looking foundation it works perfectly. I will use a pore and fine line filling primer around my nose and on my smile lines. Then I will put this on the rest of my face and it's not glittery or shimmery it just gives a glow. On my no-makeup days, I will do my brows and mascara then put this on the high points of my face and it looks really healthy and glowy. I definitely recommend it and a little goes a long way.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel the problem with this product is its labeling as a "primer". Not even on the packaging does it make any claims that remotely indicate this as a true primer in terms of foundation longevity/blurring/pore filling, etc. It does, however, claim to be "light infusing". Also, the directions suggest using the product on "specific areas of the face to create a sculpted effect". Basically, this is a very subtle liquid luminizer. Those with dry skin would probably benefit from using this-particularly with drying foundations. I have combo/mostly oily skin and did not find this product to exacerbate my oiliness in any way. I would probably repurchase in the event of a sale/coupon situation, though not with the intention of using as a primer the next time around!

on 3/12/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I bought this and never used it until I tried a foundation that was to dull on my skin and this gave it life!!!!

Gives my skin a nice tone/ finish but doesn't work well as a primer for me. There is no difference in how well my foundation looks or lasts with this.

on 3/1/2017 10:51:00 PM

This product is really nice if your looking for something underneath your foundation to add some glow. I usually use this under my Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. I feel that the tarte foundation can be too dry for my liking, but combined with this primer it's a perfect mix between matte and glowy. Overall I like this primer to add glow, but It doesn't really do anything else I like my primers to do (blur pores, increase the longevity of my foundation, and hydrate)