L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 7/18/2016 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Was excited to start using this as when swatched it looked amazing on the back of my hand when you apply to your face as a primer its really luminous but as soon as you put your foundation over the top you can't even tell its there nothing shines through, making it a complete waste of time applying it.

First primer can't really compare to anything but it's luminous and cute packaging. Pricey for drug store though as what I've seen.

To Read all 213 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/22/2016 3:16:00 PM

This is just an ok primer for me..I can't get over the smell and it seemed a bit greasy to me. It did make my foundation last longer but nothing special. I prefer the Almay cc primer I think it does the same thing but doesn't smell bad, isn't greasy and has SPF in it.

on 5/28/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

*****UPDATE*******
I STOPPED USING THIS PRIMER BECAUSE IT STARTED BREAKING ME OUT UNFORTUNATELY, i have very sensitive skin, acne prone skin.

i went to Shoppers looking for a foundation or drop i can mix with my even better clinique (that was oxidizing on me turning too dark and orange). 1st i told the lady there that i want an other foundation to mixte it with the even better but she told me that she wouldn't recommand me mixing 2 different foundations ... and then she suggested to maybe use a brightening primer instead and tried the Lumi magic on me. 1st at that time i wasn't really a fan but i got home i mixed it with my even better foundation it was just PERFECT, no more oxidation and also it reduce the transfert of the foundation like it was a bit waterproof of course i put a setting powder on (i'm muslim and need to do my wudhu, wash my face, before doing my prayer and even after that my makeup was still OKAY).
i have very sensitive skin and acne prone skin but after 48h of use i'm pleased with this primer. i will update for sure if anything change. its very brightening and can be used also on your foundation as a highlighter .

on 5/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

I'm REALLY loving this as a highlighter. Haven't used it as a primer, so I can't comment on that.

The particles are so fine and natural looking; much more natural than anything by benefit or becca--a tiny bit goes a long way with those. This is more forgiving. It also shows up more than, say, hourglass powders, which didn't really do anything for me. I just dispense a little bit on the end of my finger--just a drop, really--and then dot on my cheekbones and pat to blend. Natural luminous perfection! And the container will probably last a long time (I'll probably toss it because of age before I run out). Oh, and there's no discernable fragrance, which I absolutely love since many scents really annoy me (sensory issues). Becca liquid smelled like perfume, and benefit girl meets pearl smelled like raspberries.

on 5/2/2016 2:26:00 PM

I would give 5 lippies on how it looks. Especially mixing it in with a foundation. But it literally HURTS my face to put on. I'm not super sensitive and my skin can take a lot cause of acne, and acne treatments can hurts. But this was a different kind of hurt it like basically felt like stabbing my face. So I'm on the hunt for another drugstore illuminating/hydrating primer to go with matte foundation. Plus this price sucked it was like 20$ CAD

on 4/30/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I'm NW25 and have dry skin. This is my favorite drugstore luminous primer, as I've been through a couple of these and am on my third. I do like Maybelline Master Prime in 200 Blur + Illuminate too, but I prefer Loreal Magic Lumi over the Maybelline because of how it is more hydrating, and the Loreal is more white opalescent vs Maybelline is more pink opalescent. It hydrates my skin and gives a very youthful glow from within. It does not have that silicone feel to it. It is more like a luminous lotion. It is very glowy, no glitter. It is very versatile too. I can use it as an allover primer layered underneath my foundation, 1 pump mixed in with my foundation, and as a liquid highlighter strategically layered over my foundation. It looks great in all of those situations. It doesn't magnify pores or texture, and it doesn't cause any irritation for me. Once it sets, it's there and doesn't budge. So, if you're using it as a liquid highlighter, blend quickly! The price and amount you get doesn't really bother me, as I find the product totally worth it. 1 tube usually lasts me 6+ months. I like the packaging and pump dispenser. Just make sure to give it a good quick shake before using because it can separate some over time. I really love it and recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pretty sure this broke me out. I chose this over the Revlon one, and wow I regret it. Firstly, there's nothing in it. Second, I'm pretty sure this broke me out. My skin was clear before and after my skin was weirdly textured. I threw it away. Third, I use Mac studio fix powder foundation, and this made it feel so disgusting on my face. Usually when I use the elf primer it stays all day and I can't even feel it. But with this as time went on I felt disgusting.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I cannot write enough good things about this product. I ran out of my primer, and I am a faithful L'Oréal user, I decided to try it out. Immediate gratification! Best of the Best in over the counter primers. I love the pump, the feel on my skin and the price. I can't wait in the mornings to start my makeup routine. It has truly made all the difference.

on 3/31/2016 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this product ! I've tried a few different primers but this one is definitely the best !

I wear it under my MAC studio fix and also my Maybelline fit me foundation and it works so well.
It gives my skin this amazing glow quite similar to my MAC strobe cream which retails in Australia for $55/ $33 US.
This product was recommended to me by one of my favorite beauty youtubers and it definitely is something I'll be repurchasing.
If you're from Australia it's on sale in Priceline quite often so wait for a sale as it costs $29.95 regularly.