L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 7/18/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Magic Lumi primer has been awwsome to me! Not my fav as a primer but wanted to review it bc I have found alotta ppl use this differently...Personally i mix this with another primer i use,warm it up with my fingers then massage into my skin...THEN i take a tad more and mix with whatever foundation im using that day bc i want a lil more lumi-ness...and i get it! It's water based so for all you girlies with the worry it may break you out i feel comfy enough saying your safe to use this! Personally iv found using as a primer then again in my foundation mix keeps me from getting cakey on days when i wear foundations like MJs reMarcable or Giorgio Armani Lumi that tend to dry fast..this primer allows you to have that extra time to buff out your foundations that dry quickly like these...def recommending to anyone 👍💋

on 7/2/2017 1:46:00 AM

I have used this twice now and twice I have broken out on my cheek. No other "primer" has broken me out. But this little sucker? Not good.
Little history... Combo/not very oily skin, fair, freckled.
I have used:
Maybelline Baby Skin - no breakout.
L'oreal Studio Secrets primer - no breakout.
L'oreal Infallible Mattyfiying Base - no breakout.
Innisfree No Sebum Blur - no breakout.
Australis Cya Later Pores - no breakout.
W7 Porefection! - no breakout.
Bioderma Seblum Pore refiner - no breakout.

So ... why this one product!? I have no idea. Therefore... never again.

on 6/30/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gives a perfect glow !!

on 6/30/2017 4:50:00 PM

Gives me a beautiful glow if I use half a pump with my foundation, but on its own.. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it gives a strange ghost-effect (sorry for the wording lol), very tacky feeling and gives a strange white cast. Would recommend mixing with foundation or just placing a tiny amount along the bridge of the nose, chin and temples. I'd say try it, but I wouldn't buy again :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this primerr! Makes me look glowy :D

on 5/30/2017 4:16:00 AM

I just love this product. I mix a dab with my foundation and it gives me a slight glow. I've tried it directly onto my skin but I prefer the look I get when mixing it.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of anything "glowy". I don't use highlighter, prefer satin matte finish- maybe because I have combo skin (oily t-zone). But this primer is actually great! It works very well with most of my foundations- doesn't make me look greasy, doesn't sit on top of my skin. Gives me radiance without making me look like a greaseball. I like to use it under more matte foundations, or on its own, with some spot concealing.
I tried similar primer from Burberry and except from the smell (Lumi has very unpleasant alcohol-y fragrance- a big downside), performance wise, there's not much difference between them.
Be sure to shake the bottle before each use, otherwise the product will separate!

on 5/12/2017 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First of all, as others have said: this is not a primer. The first time I tried this product, I learned very quickly that as someone with combo skin, this was NOT a product to apply to my t-zone.

Having said that, when I apply this over my regular primer, and before foundation, I find it gives me a really lovely, dewy (but not oily looking!) glow. I doesn't settle into any lines, and unlike more obvious highlighters, it doesn't accentuate any unevenness.

4/5 overall for being a really nice product that does great things for my skin
1/5 on price, because here in New Zealand, it costs at least $28 which I feel is a terrible rip off
4/5 for packaging. Small, sleek, and aesthetically pleasing. Minus one star because my bottle always pumps out just a bit too much, no matter how careful I am.

on 5/11/2017 10:12:00 PM

This disappears into my skin whether I put it on under or over foundation. I have stopped using it on my face and am trying to use it up by applying it to my collarbones for a little glow there. It's almost pointlessly subtle on me, and I ended up buying a different L'Oréal highlighter.

on 5/7/2017 7:40:00 PM

I was looking for something that would give me a bit of a glow without making me look like a sparkly Christmas decoration. I took a chance on this. It's actually pretty good. The pearl ( or whatever you call it) is not obvious. It holds the fdt. in place quite well. Does not make my face greasy or dry.

Only con: at first, it has a dreadful chemical smell. BUT ... it vanishes in seconds. Literally. Once I spread it on my face it disappears. Not a deal-breaker for me (the ONLY smell I cannot tolerate at all is the fish smell in Perricone products). Oh, one more thing. Always give it a good shake before you use it.