L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchMagic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 9/10/2017 7:31:00 PM

I don't personally use this as a primer, but find it so good for mixing into fuller coverage (more 'flat' looking) or less easily spreadable base products, for which it works beautifully. It also looks very pretty when applied sparingly on the high points of the face after base makeup.

It is a well formulated product. If I was blind testing it, I would think it was more expensive than it actually is.
As far as being a primer, I can see this working to make skin look more radiant under foundation, but I can't see it having much oil controlling ability. So if you plan on using this as a primer, take that into account.

Would recommend!

on 9/5/2017 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Bought two tubes of this stuff now and must say it is lovely for my dry skin. I love the luminosity this primer gives and I like it with both the matching foundation and it works with other foundations if you don't want to look to matte. Makes my skin look much healthier and less dry due to the glowiness it gives. Doesn't have any chunky bits of glitter and in my opinion looks like a very natural radiance rather than a glittering artificial made up look. Really love this stuff and can be found at the drugstore... perfect!

on 7/2/2017 1:46:00 AM

I have used this twice now and twice I have broken out on my cheek. No other "primer" has broken me out. But this little sucker? Not good.
Little history... Combo/not very oily skin, fair, freckled.
I have used:
Maybelline Baby Skin - no breakout.
L'oreal Studio Secrets primer - no breakout.
L'oreal Infallible Mattyfiying Base - no breakout.
Innisfree No Sebum Blur - no breakout.
Australis Cya Later Pores - no breakout.
W7 Porefection! - no breakout.
Bioderma Seblum Pore refiner - no breakout.

So ... why this one product!? I have no idea. Therefore... never again.

on 7/18/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Magic Lumi primer has been awwsome to me! Not my fav as a primer but wanted to review it bc I have found alotta ppl use this differently...Personally i mix this with another primer i use,warm it up with my fingers then massage into my skin...THEN i take a tad more and mix with whatever foundation im using that day bc i want a lil more lumi-ness...and i get it! It's water based so for all you girlies with the worry it may break you out i feel comfy enough saying your safe to use this! Personally iv found using as a primer then again in my foundation mix keeps me from getting cakey on days when i wear foundations like MJs reMarcable or Giorgio Armani Lumi that tend to dry fast..this primer allows you to have that extra time to buff out your foundations that dry quickly like these...def recommending to anyone 👍💋

on 6/30/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gives a perfect glow !!

on 6/30/2017 4:50:00 PM

Gives me a beautiful glow if I use half a pump with my foundation, but on its own.. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it gives a strange ghost-effect (sorry for the wording lol), very tacky feeling and gives a strange white cast. Would recommend mixing with foundation or just placing a tiny amount along the bridge of the nose, chin and temples. I'd say try it, but I wouldn't buy again :)

on 5/30/2017 4:16:00 AM

I just love this product. I mix a dab with my foundation and it gives me a slight glow. I've tried it directly onto my skin but I prefer the look I get when mixing it.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of anything "glowy". I don't use highlighter, prefer satin matte finish- maybe because I have combo skin (oily t-zone). But this primer is actually great! It works very well with most of my foundations- doesn't make me look greasy, doesn't sit on top of my skin. Gives me radiance without making me look like a greaseball. I like to use it under more matte foundations, or on its own, with some spot concealing.
I tried similar primer from Burberry and except from the smell (Lumi has very unpleasant alcohol-y fragrance- a big downside), performance wise, there's not much difference between them.
Be sure to shake the bottle before each use, otherwise the product will separate!

on 5/12/2017 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

First of all, as others have said: this is not a primer. The first time I tried this product, I learned very quickly that as someone with combo skin, this was NOT a product to apply to my t-zone.

Having said that, when I apply this over my regular primer, and before foundation, I find it gives me a really lovely, dewy (but not oily looking!) glow. I doesn't settle into any lines, and unlike more obvious highlighters, it doesn't accentuate any unevenness.

4/5 overall for being a really nice product that does great things for my skin
1/5 on price, because here in New Zealand, it costs at least $28 which I feel is a terrible rip off
4/5 for packaging. Small, sleek, and aesthetically pleasing. Minus one star because my bottle always pumps out just a bit too much, no matter how careful I am.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm