L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer
Paris Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerParis Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primerlumi swatchParis Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing PrimerParis Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethyhexyl Hydroxystearate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Nylon-12 --- may contain (CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is packaged beautifully, and easily dispensed. The product itself is very lux. It looks like liquid pearls. The “primer” part though, doesn’t really prime. I have been using it as a highlighter, which makes the product last a lot longer than it normally would. This is a pricey product for the amount of product you get (as all L’Oréal products seem to be). The “Lumi” part is accurate. It highlights quite well, even when applied under foundation, I can see the highlight underneath. You could also mix with your foundation, but I find that I prefer the L’Oréal Lumi Glotion better for this pirpose. It’s consistency is closer to that of my foundation, and so i find it blends better. I highly recommend the L’Oréal Lumi Glotion for the record. You get about 4X as much product, that’s thicker (like lotion) and highly pigmented (pearly/metallic finish instead of glittery) And it has a ton more uses. You can put it anywhere on your body, and it’s non-drying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I liked this product, but not enough to purchase it again. I have oily to normal (but more oily than not) skin and so I really need a primer to help keep me matte and keep my foundation sitting firmly in place all day. This primer smooths onto the skin nicely and provides a very pretty "glow from within", but for me it did a much better job of preventing slippage when worn under my powder foundations rather than my liquids. I do like the consistency of this product very much and didn't notice any odor. It did not make my breakout or cause any other issues with my skin. The price point is great, and I would certainly buy this again in a pinch, but I have other primers that I love more! (Urban Decay, Becca)

on 12/17/2017 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I heard this was a dupe for the Cover FX Illuminating Primer and wanted to try it. I already tried the Milani Prime Light primer for that same reason and really liked it. This one is almost the exact same as the Milani one except it has a smell that I don't really care for. It's about $3 more than the Milani, and since I don't love the smell, I'm not going to repurchase it. It does perform the same though - gives my skin a nice glow and helps my foundation go on smoothly. I'm just not digging on the scent. If the scent doesn't bother you, I think it's a really nice glowy primer.

on 11/16/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love the glow I get from this product. I wouldn't necessarily call it a primer though. I'd use on top of a regular primer then apply foundation. It spreads easily and really brightens my skin. I have gotten compliments on it and I have used it for a month now and no adverse reactions. I will definately buy this again

on 9/10/2017 7:31:00 PM

I don't personally use this as a primer, but find it so good for mixing into fuller coverage (more 'flat' looking) or less easily spreadable base products, for which it works beautifully. It also looks very pretty when applied sparingly on the high points of the face after base makeup.

It is a well formulated product. If I was blind testing it, I would think it was more expensive than it actually is.
As far as being a primer, I can see this working to make skin look more radiant under foundation, but I can't see it having much oil controlling ability. So if you plan on using this as a primer, take that into account.

Would recommend!

on 9/5/2017 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Bought two tubes of this stuff now and must say it is lovely for my dry skin. I love the luminosity this primer gives and I like it with both the matching foundation and it works with other foundations if you don't want to look to matte. Makes my skin look much healthier and less dry due to the glowiness it gives. Doesn't have any chunky bits of glitter and in my opinion looks like a very natural radiance rather than a glittering artificial made up look. Really love this stuff and can be found at the drugstore... perfect!

on 7/18/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Magic Lumi primer has been awwsome to me! Not my fav as a primer but wanted to review it bc I have found alotta ppl use this differently...Personally i mix this with another primer i use,warm it up with my fingers then massage into my skin...THEN i take a tad more and mix with whatever foundation im using that day bc i want a lil more lumi-ness...and i get it! It's water based so for all you girlies with the worry it may break you out i feel comfy enough saying your safe to use this! Personally iv found using as a primer then again in my foundation mix keeps me from getting cakey on days when i wear foundations like MJs reMarcable or Giorgio Armani Lumi that tend to dry fast..this primer allows you to have that extra time to buff out your foundations that dry quickly like these...def recommending to anyone 👍💋

on 7/2/2017 1:46:00 AM

I have used this twice now and twice I have broken out on my cheek. No other "primer" has broken me out. But this little sucker? Not good.
Little history... Combo/not very oily skin, fair, freckled.
I have used:
Maybelline Baby Skin - no breakout.
L'oreal Studio Secrets primer - no breakout.
L'oreal Infallible Mattyfiying Base - no breakout.
Innisfree No Sebum Blur - no breakout.
Australis Cya Later Pores - no breakout.
W7 Porefection! - no breakout.
Bioderma Seblum Pore refiner - no breakout.

So ... why this one product!? I have no idea. Therefore... never again.

on 6/30/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gives a perfect glow !!

on 6/30/2017 4:50:00 PM

Gives me a beautiful glow if I use half a pump with my foundation, but on its own.. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it gives a strange ghost-effect (sorry for the wording lol), very tacky feeling and gives a strange white cast. Would recommend mixing with foundation or just placing a tiny amount along the bridge of the nose, chin and temples. I'd say try it, but I wouldn't buy again :)