Korres Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

Korres Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Face Primer

3.0

Water Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hamamelis Virginiana Flower Water, Cetiaryl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12. Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Cellulose Gum, Lactic Acid, Tocopheral, Sodium Phytate, Maltodextrin, Punica Granatum Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica

Not bad, but nothing special and the price tag is high IMO. My nose is normally on the shiny side, but it's winter and dry so I really didn't need much of a "mattifying" effect. Maybe I'll try this again in the summer and see if it makes a difference.

on 11/6/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have very oily skin, and so this was suggested by a friend who can't leave home without it. She gave me this to try. This is so far the best mattifier I have used, but I wish it wasn't so expensive! The upside is the bottle is a decent size and you don't need much. I will probably go out and buy this unless something better comes along!

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

The sales person at Sephora recommended this over Smashbox to keep shine at bay. It is a very light tinted, thin consistency and is supposed to be mattifying. I had high hopes. I should have gotten a sample, because my hopes were dropped after using this for a week. The first time I used it, I thought that I stayed relatively shine free for a few hours. This didn't seem to last and I found the more I used it, the more it didn't work. Instead, it just felt like an extra step to put more product on my face.

on 2/12/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Based on reviews, this product is going to be a hit or miss! Luckily for me it was a hit! I've been using this primer for 2+ months ( dec- feb ) with dewy to semi-matte finish foundations from Nars, lancome and cover girl. It performs well under all so far.

A little about my skin: I have sensitive dry skin, I can sometimes get an oily nose, but thats about it. I have the type of skin that I have to immediately moisturize after cleansing or my skin feels super tight. Before this primer, I would usually have to do my foundation pretty soon after I moisturized or spray myself with fix +.

Pros: No Silicone! My skin clogs up pretty bad with silicone primers and they don't tend to do much either. This one is more natural and gentle for sensitive skin. This primer gives me a smooth "plump" canvas to work with. My skin used to dry up during the day under my foundation, not anymore with this. The little oil I do have only leaks through after 8 hours of wear, and the foundation stills looks good when I blot. My foundation has lasted as long as 12-16 hours with this on, but powder is needed to achieve that.

Cons: Doesn't work for everyone. Does not mattify, If anything promotes a satin, natural finish. No silicone, if thats something you like.

I recommend definitely getting a sample before buying, I did and it lasted me a month off the bat. I'm happy with this primer, and I see no reason to keep shopping for new ones. I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love how this product feels in a way. It is very light and fresh feeling although I normally prefer the Silicone feeling primers. I also love that it is a more natural primer when it comes to ingredients. Other than that this primer was a complete dissapointment. First off some people claim because it has a skin tone color to it that it gives slight coverage. Absolutely not true for me! The scent is strong and unpleasant so if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to scents i would stay away from this product. I do not have sensitive skin and I normally prefer scented products but I hated the smell of this product. I did not feel this primer did anything for my skin. It did not put a barier between any skin issues and my foundation and the biggest dissapointment is I was oily within one hour of application! It was as if I was wearing no primer/mattifying product at all. I have oily skin but I almost feel like this product made me more oily! I have used half of the tube with many different application techniques as well as different foundations all with the same result. Please don't buy this product if you have extremely oily skin it would be a waste of 30+ Dollars!

I originally got this product as a sample, as soon as I ran out and went and got more. My T-zone gets very oily especially during the hot summer months here in Hawaii. It layers well under my foundation and goes on smoothly. It keeps my "shiny" zones under control and helps me to not look like I just finished a cardio circuit. I will definitely be purchasing this for many years to come.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is great. I have oily skin and it really helps control oil throughout the day. I have to use a combination of products to control my oil (Urban Decay B6 and All Nighter, in addition to this primer and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil) and this is a staple among my summer makeup took kit. The smell is nice, the tube allows you to get to every last bit of the product, and it's safe for acne prone skin. The price is high, but it's a good primer. In cosmetics, you get what you pay for.

on 3/12/2014 3:05:00 PM

This product is fairly expensive for what it does. The smell is nice, but I find the texture a big grainy, and I don't know that it mattifies that well. I use it as a primer under my makeup, but I think there are definitely better ones out there.

on 1/21/2014 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Balled up and flaked off...had to re-do my makeup 10 mins after I finished it. Super frustrating! Love the Korres brand but this stuff did not work well for me.

on 1/14/2014 2:19:00 PM