NYX Propel My Eyes

3.6

on 2/2/2016 4:21:00 PM

The texture of this mascara is gooey, and it did nothing for my lashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm always looking for a new cheap DS mascara. They are fun to buy! I bought this after reading some reviews here. I figured why not? I'll give it a whirl. Well, this mascara is not my cup of tea. It does absolutely nothing for length. I like a narrow opening at the tip of the tube to capture clumps so they don't end up on my lashes. Well, this mascara doesn't have a clump catcher. I have to wipe off excess product with a tissue before I use this. By doing this, I'm wasting a lot of product. Still, my lashes end up looking clumpy if I try to layer more than two coats. This does give subtle volume so I think someone who likes natural lashes will like this one. For me, this doesn't pack enough drama. The brush is kind of groovy. It flares out at the end. This is suppose to "propel" your lashes to great heights! No, it didn't do that. The only positive thing about this mascara is that it is unscented.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2015 2:27:00 PM

For the last week, I have been using CG Bombshell, which makes this mascara seem worthless. Propel started flaking immediately :/ The wand does grab the lashes, but clumps them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My new favorite mascara. I have tried sooo many, from drugstore to upscale brands. My biggest problem when it comes to mascara is smudging or flaking. For whatever reason, that is what happens with most mascaras I have tried. The only ones that I found didn't do this were Covergirl Professional (but that didn't provide the length/volume I was looking for) and NYX Dolleye (which was my mascara of choice before this, but that mascara required a base underneath it to get the look I was going for). I tried this on a whim and I am so glad I did. It provides excellent length and volume. It does take a couple of coats, but it is worth it. No smudging or flaking. It does not make my eyelashes stiff. It holds a curl. I love it. It is my new mascara of choice. And with Ulta coupons, it is so cheap.

on 4/29/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not horrible but I'll stick to Lash Blast for now. This is dark, easy to get an exaggerated look with and long lasting but it was clumpy even after combing. Those little clumps (mostly clinging to the tips of my lashes) ended up in my eyes before long. I also found this a bit drying, for me that means losing eyelashes.. no thanks.

on 4/28/2014 11:18:00 PM

This one is pretty good, it catches all of my eyelashes. It's not smudgy, and it looks pretty nice still when you go in for a second coat on the tips. Overall, I was really pleased. I got my tube for $3 at ulta during the sale and I felt like it was well worth the money, I will be repurchasing if it ever goes on sale again.

on 4/12/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried most of the NYX mascaras, and this is by far my favorite. Trying to only buy cruelty-free, which is harder than I thought. Doesn't flake or smudge, holds a curl (!!!), great length and some volume, does clump but I use the magical Tweezerman iLash comb and it works wonders. I've learned my eyelashes cannot handle those giant wands, this one is small and narrow and perfect for my lashes. Relatively easy to get off. Definitely my new daytime mascara, my only complaint is my local drugstores don't carry it, so have to go to Ulta.

i had high hopes after reading the reviews. the mascara did do a good job magnifying my lashes, but unfortunately after a few hours of wear i have raccoon eyes. it just doesn't stay on my lashes. the search for my low-cost, every day mascara continues.

on 2/22/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've tried a lot of mascaras, and this one is definitely not bad. For me, it does add some volume, length, and seems to hold curl. It doesn't flake. It's relatively cheap. However, I do get clumping, and while it's a nice, dark black shade, it is a little dry looking. I will use up this tube and I'm glad I tried it, but won't repurchase. From NYX I prefer Doll Eye, and I am always on the quest for my HG, so I don't re-buy mascaras very often.

on 2/4/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love it!! I got this and Doll Eye (Volume) at the same time. Tried Doll Eye first. It looked beautiful at the beginning, but seemed to disappear sometime during the day, even though there were no smears or smudging. So I tried PME--and it looked great even 15 hours later. Took me a few seconds to realize that PME kept the curl in my lashes so you could actually see them. No smudges or smears, and comes off easily with cold cream and a wet wash cloth. This could be HG..

Update: it started to disappear and my lashes got a bit clumpy during the day, probably because of my eyes watering when I yawn! Guess it's back to waterproof.