Wen by Chaz Dean Six Thirteen

3.8

Not tested on animals

: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vanillin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Organic Evening Primrose) Oil, Marshmallow/Althea Extract, Lotus Corniculatus Flower Extract, Loquat (Eriobotrya Japonica) Leaf Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Honey Extract, Ginseng Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Neroli Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Borage (Star Flower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-60 (Plant Derived), Glycerin (Plant Derived), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Amodimethicone, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid (Naturally Derived), Hydrolyzed Quinoa (Chenopodium) Protein, Sodium Lactate, Menthol (Analgesic), Arginine (L-Arginine), Aspartic Acid (L-Aspartic Acid), PCA, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycine (Naturally Derived), Alanine (L-Alanine), Serine (L-Serine), Valine (L-Valine), Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp), Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Organic Olive) Fruit Oil, Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract, Abyssinian Oil (Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Extract, Proline (L-Proline), Threonine (L-Threonine), Isoleucine (L-Isoleucine), Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide-70, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phenylalanine (L-Phenylaline), Histidine (L-Histidine), Glycogen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragran

This EDP smells almost exactly like CK One to me. I don't know if the notes are similar or what, but that's what it smells like. I'm not a huge fan of unisex scents, so this isn't my style.

on 3/20/2016 12:12:00 AM

I absolutely love the scent of this - so much that i bought the body cream (which they call treatment, but it is essentially a cream for your skin). It seems wonderful - rosemary, vanilla, lemon...very natural and not like a perfume. I love the way it makes my hair feel - soft and manageable. I'm not good at doing anything but blowing my hair straight but using these products actually makes my hair beautiful - i have gotten more compliments in the last 2 years of using this than ever before.....been letting my hair grow, which i never would have done before since it didn't look healthy and full. it's expensive and it is thick - Chaz recommends you use so much of it (i definitely use less than he recommends but i really massage my scalp for awhile and make sure it soaks into my hair, which still adding some water to thin it out). love every single product he makes in this 6 13 line!

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/19/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't want to be an alarmist BUT, I am writing this review as a warning to consumers: I have been using this formula for over a year, I have VERY thick, coarse short hair and it is now so soft and almost glossy...so I love it.

However there is now a big lawsuit against the company as the products are causing massive amounts of hair loss and the number of complaints is so significant that I felt compelled to write this in the review section. After some careful reading I have learned one thing about certain additives many beauty products and particularly hair care and that is: The 'cones' which is a kind of plastic that provides 'slip' hence it's used in anything where the desired result is smoothness, now here's the rub (no pun intended) some of the cones are water soluble others are not, the one that is used most frequently is Dimethicone which adheres to the hair shaft and can ultimately cause dry hair as nothing can penetrate the coated hair cuticle, hence blocked pores etc. So you can see why this could spell D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R.

For me it has been great, but I am definitely going to be monitoring the thickness of my hair going forward and I will shampoo with one of Phyto line of shampoos every other wash and use the 613 as the second wash/conditioner.

Oh before I end, there were also a tremendous number of complaints about the products that cause contact dermatitis and the like.

on 9/10/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

In love wit the scent of this!!!!! I mainly pick up vanilla with subtle hints of mint & lemon...just wonderful!!! I really want a bottle of the fragrance/perfume!!

I usually use this 1x a week for extra conditioning,my naturally curly spiral curls (3b) really respond well when I use this I also have some heat damage from straightening my hair (plus I dye my hair) and this CC has really helps with repairing my hair. Plus rinsing with cool water works the best with the Wen CC's!

*Also love this one as a leave in conditioner! I get frizz free spiral curls!

*I go based feel on how much to use on my hair verses the directions on the bottle.

100% repurchase!!

on 9/3/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I LOVE Wen, and the Six Thirteen line is no exception. I usually use this one as a "leave in" conditioner, either by itself or mixed in with a bit of one of the other Wen cleansing conditioners (about 1/2 pump of each, for a total of "one leave-in pump"). This is perfect for times that I feel my hair needs a bit extra conditioning (ie, if I buy a new fragrance version of Wen and then find it's not as moisturizing as I need it to be, I'll add in some of the Six Thirteen).

I absolutely LOVE the scent of Six Thirteen. I'm surprised at some of the negative comments. True, I love vanilla scents, foodie fragrances, etc -- but I don't find this product to be overly vanilla at all. I loved this scent so much, that I also purchased the Six Thirteen Fragrance! LUVVVVV! (it's a very fresh, clean scent with a hint of vanilla --- much like the cleansing conditioner).

FYI:
Wen needs to be used as a "system". In order to get the BEST effects, follow these simple steps:

1- use a clarifying shampoo before your first WEN application. You need to remove all traces of silicones, styling products, etc from your hair before using Wen (to really see the benefits of Wen). JMO, based on various ways I tried the product line.

Btw, I use a clarifying shampoo every 8 weeks, followed by a protein reconstuctor, a moisturizer, and then a hair oil treatment. I do this because even though Wen has a small amount of "cones" in it, I do feel it can build up if I keep using it for more than 8 weeks in a row. In lieu of a true "clarifying shampoo", you can just use ANY "sulfate containing shampoo" to remove silicone build up.

2- Use ALL WEN products, only, for the best results (for styling products, heat protectant, volumizer, deep conditioner, etc). Wen doesn't play nicely with other brand products. Trust me, I've tried.... Their products contain some silicone, but in minute quantities (I called Wen directly to enquire about this). IF you use NON wen products with LOTS of cones, you will get build up, as Wen will not remove them

3- At the very least, you MUST use both the Wen cleansing conditioner AND the Wen "styling gel" (or creme). If you do not use the styling gel or styling creme product, your hair will be a dry, frizzy, flyaway mess (if your hair type is dry/damaged/chemically treated to begin with).

4- I do not use the 30-some pumps that the Wen directions call for. I can't afford to use that much product. My hair is long (below shoulder blades) and very thick. I use about 5 pumps on first cleanse. Rinse. Then I use about 4 pumps on second cleanse. Rinse. I then use 1 pump as a leave-in (as I mentioned above). Then, I add in about a pump or two of the styling gel/creme, followed by a few spritzes of the Wen volumizer (LOVE!). If my hair seems still a bit dry (I have bleached hair), I may use a tiny dab of coconut oil before and/or after I blow dry. Coconut oil is the ONLY non-Wen product that doesn't completely ruin my results. However, my best results are when I can use only 100% Wen from start to finish (the most conditioning Wen I have tried is the Fall Apple (name??) from last Fall 2013 collection! -- but the smell does give me a bit of a headache at times, so I don't always use it. However, when I do....WOW! I could do a Wen commercial! *wink* Just gorgeous results! Too bad the scent is so over-powering....)

Ok, well, I hope those tips help those of you who have invested in Wen, but didn't like the results! I hated Wen on my first try. Then, after a few times of using it in various ways, I found what worked best for me. It's been over a year and a half now, and I pretty much ONLY use Wen. I LOVE what it has done for my hair.

Good luck!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been a wen girl for over 2 years now and 613 is my favorite!! My hair has never been so well behaved. I love the smell -it's a little vanilla and maybe a tiny bit of a lemongrass scent. This "flavor" doors have protein in it, but doesn't have any of the mint in it if that matters to you. (Or if you want to use it on kids or pets). I have natural spiral curls with highlights, low lights, and a base color. Like all Wen cleansing conditioners this is also sulfate free. This has totally helped my hair.... While I know technically hair is dead except at the root, I really fried my hair using a new curling iron (the Sarah Potempka Beach Waver which I'll review in a bit). I used the heat WAY to high and burned my hair badly. My hairstylist -after lecturing me severely on proper heat settings) had to cut off what she could without making me bald. What was left was brittle and a bit singed around the edges. The Wen 613 really worked amazingly! I noticed on the very first use improvement in my hair- it looked shiny and bouncy. My curls came back with amazing control -lack of frizz!!- and smelled great! I will also state that I use the 613 styling cream with this as well. I got mine on QVC they have it the cheapest that I can tell. Hope this review helps you in your search for your holy grail hair products! (Pic of my hair both curly and straight in my profile)

on 4/8/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was one of the few who didn't realize that this product had protein in it either. I, in general, love moisturizing products, but this made my hair very, very heavy. I've tried the lavender Wen cleanser and love that one, but thought I would branch out a bit and try this one. The scent is quite heavy and sickeningly sweet so if that's not your thing, you won't like this. Aside from that, I felt that my hair was a lot more dull and lifeless. On top if that, it took forever to rinse out the product to the point that I didn't have a significant amount of residue left in my hair that was weight it down. Very disappointing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Works just as well as my other wen products, but I really HATE the smell of this one. It has a powerful stinky menthol, rosemary and lemon scent to it. It truly made my eyes water. On my hair I wouldn't use 613 daily, but it's nice to use once or twice a week. Also, lots of folks are using 613 mixed with a cheaper conditioner or another wen conditioner as they say it works best for them that way- I can totally see this being true. I'm on the fence if I would repurchase this one because the scent alone is nauseating. My hair and scalp feel really clean yet my hair is not stripped after using 613.

on 10/17/2013 3:30:00 PM

I bought this a while back, before I was on MUA. I wish I hadn't. I bought it on Amazon & all it said in the product description was about how incredibly moisturizing it was, supposedly even more so that the regular WEN products. I have very dry highlighted hair desparately in need of moisture, so I bought this in my debate over this or a regular WEN product. Dumb move. Now I find out on MUA that it has PROTEIN in it. My hair HATES protein! Not to mention, why on earth would they market this product as a product acceptable for frequent use when obviously with protein, it's not?! (duh, money). I was using this as my regular shampoo 2-3 times per week exactly as directed and my poor hair was falling out in clumps. Seriously, clumps. I'm not kidding, I feel bald when I run both hands through the back part of my hair above my neck. Now I'm on the hunt for something to un-do the damage. Moisturizing, no way. This product should be used as a treatment, and nothing more. I can't believe what I paid & what I got for results. That's what I get for not doing my research.
Edit: I forgot to mention, that, even initially, it made my hair SUPER PUFFY (eww) and yes, it takes a PHENOMONAL amount of product for each washing.

on 8/14/2013 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I've had 613 for about 6 months. This is a protein so you have to be careful with it. If my hair needs protein, 613 leaves it feeling awesome. If it doesn't it leaves my hair feeling hard and dry. So keep that in mind when using it. It's a pretty good product even though it's so expensive.

Now let me tell you why I will never buy this again. Yesterday I washed my hair after taking braids out. You need protein after you take braids out so I clarified with V05 Kiwi Lime shampoo, then used WEN 613 and WEN Pumpkin.

I recently bought a hair catcher so it causes the tub to go out really slow. The water and hair was still draining so I got dressed and came back. There was a bunch of hair in the tub which I expected because I hadn't washed my hair in a month, but there was also a bunch of gray looking stuff. I thought it might be suds but WEN doesn't sud. I touched it and it was like gray gook. It was pretty thick because it was clogging up the main part of the hair catcher. It was disgusting. I got a paper towel and wiped it out of the tub.

I'd read about people who used WEN saying that it caused their pipes to clog and I see why. I also see why they tell you to rinse your hair for an hour.

I still have some WEN left and I'll use those up, but I'll make sure that I put some drain cleaner down my drains after I use them.

I'm going back to regular shampoo and conditioner. I don't want anything that leaves such a thick resude in my tub on my hair.

Popular Shampoos