Nubar Moon Eclipse

No Image

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love duo and multichromres. what got me started is "fingerprints surreal sunset"...you can read my review on here. anyway i ordered 6 nubars. i was a on the fence about this one and stardust...love the later.
there are only 2 colors bronze/brown and mauve/plum and unfortunatley the brown dominates. if it was the other way around and a few more colors like pink and gold added it woulda been hot. at least there isnt any type puckey/drab green like way too many multis. i still would repurchase cuz its unique in my collection, real sparkly, dries fast n a thin coat of my Nubar "stardust" multi jazzes it up.

on 12/26/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Colour:
This is a dark burgundy duochrome polish with a gold/green tint to it. In some lights this polish is an almost brown shade. I was a little dissapointed with the polish once applied, and I can't quite pinpoint why. It does have a greenish/gold duochrome effect, but for some reason, it just doesn't have that "wow" factor I was hoping for.

Finish:
Super glossy, you could definitely skip the top coat in a pinch.

Application & Formula:
This applied very very sheer, and I need three coats to get it opac. The application however, was very very nice. This polish is just the right consistency. It isn't at all gooey, and it isn't so thin that you hazard polish everywhere.

Pros:
The application is wonderful!
I love the handle on this bottle, it is so easy to hold.
The consistency is absolutely perfect.

Cons:
Does need a few coats for opacity.
There are no major issues with this polish. It just doesn't do it for me for some reason

Final Verdict:
I like this polish, and will use it again, but it just didn't wow me as I had hoped. This could be simply due to the fact that I had built up how amazing it was going to be in my mind, and then it sort of fell flat for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a duochrome that shifts from deep purple to a bronzey green. I think this may be a new name for another shade by Nubar that was called Moon Shadow but I no longer have that bottle to compare.

I had to take points off because it's a very thin forumula and can be irksome to work with as it tends to run into cuticles and the sides of nail if not careful.

It's very sheer and I had to put at least 3 coats on to get opacity and it really could have used 4 coats.

It shrinks and it wears horribly. One day later I had major tip wear.

This is a lovely color and it does have depth to it. When you look straight on at the purple (reddish purple) it has nice shimmer.

To be honest I wouldn't have purchased this again however, I layered Essie's Shine of the Times over it in an effort to rescue my mani for one more day. Holy SMOKES! Wowza! These two together made me actually not be able to stop staring at my nails. I wore that for a total of 4 days and I had no less than 4 different women stop me and ask to see my nails and ask me what I was wearing.

So if you have this and want to amp it up. Use the Essie shine of the times layered over.

Popular Polishes