Wet 'n' Wild Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

I only wish this came in more colors and that the colors were a little less peachy in tone. I like a nice neutral pink so I went with the shade "Pink Slip" and it's lovely, just a little more showy than I was going for. I'm still going to wear it though as the formula is creamy and moisturizing, looks great and protects my lips from the sun. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I purchased one of these little gems in "A Currant Affair" when I thought they were being discontinued at my local Walgreens. Luckily for me, they are NOT being discontinued, and I went back and bought another that I had been eyeing, in the shade "Ring Around the Rosy". I was so disapointed to see that alone, it is far too light and pale, bu when worn over MAC's AMAZING lip liner Spice, it knocks it up a punch and makes the color look like a very pretty light coral/adobe color. For some reason, it works very well when used with a darker lip liner underneath. I like wearing it when I want to do a black girl "Kylie Jenner" lip look. It makes my lips look 10x better and more full than hers, (sorry not sorry Kylie).

I actually prefer the formula of these to the Wet n Wild MegaLast line. They don't dry my lips out, and I find them easier to use over a lip liner. I also prefer the colors! "A Currant Affair" is literally the perfect brick red I searched high and low for years for. They have a moisturizing quality, and the colors go on very smooth and easily. There are so many lipsticks in this line that I want to try, in comparison to the maybe three that I want to try from the MegaLast line.

The only downside to the Mega Shield line is that they packaging is really awful, and the plastic that covers them is damn near impossible to get off. These colors have a tendency to break in the tube too, which is kind of a shame. But at only $2.99 per tube, can you really complain?

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Have had this in "Lolly Popstar" (a shimmery pink) for several months and love it. Just went and bought another today. It is very pigmented, long wearing and really stays put for inexpensive lipstick. Also got the "Make Me Blush" color today and it looked fairly neutral in the tube but once on, it's a bit more peachy than I had hoped for. But, still unexpectedly good quality lipstick. I don't think you can go wrong once you find a color you like. It was 1.99 at K-Mart. (The packaging is a bear to get off, so be prepared for that. LOL)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Shield Lip Color in 360S Birthday Suit is my first one & I like it, but I was surprised by this shade. It's the lightest in the line & a natural or nude color—hence the name—that has a frost finish I wasn't expecting it to. I do like it, but I'd love it if it didn't have the glittery aspect. I had no idea it was so shimmery at first glance! There is excellent color payoff though… it's just the medium frosty finish. This being a shimmery color is really the only thing I dislike. It actually looks slightly pink on my darker (MAC NC45 for reference) skin tone.

The lipstick itself has nice color payoff, applies smoothly, & is comfortable to wear. It's good quality lipstick for their price. Since I'm not too wild about the finish, I only apply a coat or two; it looks better sheer. I wear another lipstick, lip gloss, or anything nude I can find on top of it otherwise. Wear time is average for drugstore lipsticks. It'll stay on 2-3 hours with regular eating & drinking before it needs to be reapplied or touched up. Since it's only $3, I'd buy a lipstick again, but probably not this shade. I recommend this shimmery nude if your skin tone is lighter than mine.

on 3/27/2015 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in Salsa Lessons a few years ago. I fell in love with it instantly and I still love it now.

This was actually my very first red lipstick. Looking back now, I would have to say that it's right in the middle between red and orange. It's quite bright and moisturizing. It's pigmented enough for the color to last through dinner and drinks, although it will slowly fade as a long night passes. I find that with a similar colored lipliner, it lasts a lot more.

I would definitely buy this again, partly because of nostalgia but mostly because it is a great lipstick at a great price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in "It's a Girl!" on a whim at my local Walgreen's and it's fine. The color is, perhaps, not the best for me, but it's a happy pink. I can wear it for fun but it's not the greatest look (it's a soft, almost peachy pink that reads a little bright).

The formula is not bad, feels smooth going on. Doesn't last more than a couple of hours on me, but fades evenly. If you exfoliate your lips first and slick on just the tiniest bit of balm, I do think it goes on better. I like to top it with a WnW Glassy Gloss (312A, Glass is in Session) for a little shine.

Packaging is ok, but it feels as if I could break the lipstick itself pretty easily. Grippy on the base, which is kind of nice.

Price? Wonderful. I think I got this for $2.99. Can't beat that for a little fun, eh?

Would I buy it again? Not in this color. Will I try other colors? Probably. Three dollars is not much for a little bit of happy in your bag. :)

on 10/7/2013 4:16:00 PM

My favorite lip stuff ever. Super highly pigmented, buttery, easy to apply, and doesn't dry out your lips at all. I love this because I can put it on and get a few hours out of it without reapplying. I loved the Megalast matte colors but they were super drying to my lips. This is like the best of both worlds: long wearing and non-drying.

on 8/24/2013 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the mega last lipsticks better. These are kind of moisturizing and I like that it has SPF and they are pigmented, but they go on a little blotchy....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a tube of this in the color 'Peachy Keen' on an impulse, and I have to day I think it was a good one! I got this shade to coordinate with my peach-colored blush, and I think it does a fabulous job of bringing my make-up together.
I am very anti-frost in lipsticks, but it is subtle enough that it doesn't detract from the peach. If you like how it looks when you first put it on, you will find yourself re-applying often. I actually prefer it after I have worn it a bit and it becomes less frosty and more natural. While the frost and gloss disappear, I can see the color tint left on my lips for 4-5 hours.
As far as the conditioning aspect, I feel this lipstick leaves something to be desired. It goes on moisturizing, but quickly begins to dry. I apply a lip balm and allow that to soak in a bit before I apply this, and I am much happier with the results.

on 8/6/2013 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

WnW products are getting seriously dangerous for me. I absolutely love their lipsticks, and I have a terrible time not just impulse-buying a bunch of new colors whenever I walk into a Walgreens. I tried out this line after loving their MegaLast range, and although the color I bought ( "It's a Girl!" ) isn't quite what I was hoping for, the quality of the product is stellar. It's super moisturizing and glides on very smoothly. It's highly pigmented for a product that feels so soft and has no odor. Unfortunately, it has a bit of a frosty glitter to it that I'm not a huge fan of, and, again, and I have no idea why WnW does this, the bullet doesn't roll down all the way, so you have to be super careful to smudge it on the cap or break it off. Definitely still a wonderful product for the $2 I spent on it, and plan to buy it in more colors soon. (Salsa Lessons, I'm coming for you) Definitely drop the two bucks on this stuff if you have it.