L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

3.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Caramel, CI 19140/Yellow 5.

on 7/20/2016 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

At fist I thought this was great! Smells good, hair felt clean ( used a lot more than the suggestion), scalp itch decreased. After a few washes, though, my hair felt extremely dry and straw like. Will not repurchase.

on 11/9/2015 11:21:00 AM

I love this cleanser. I bought it a few years back when that no-sulfates trend was picking up, and the first couple times I used it I thought it was OK, and I thought, oh well, I'll just use it when I want to do a quick wash without the steps of shampooing and conditioning. Then I found I liked this more and more. It doesn't lather up but applied to wet hair it has that nice squish that to me feels like it's getting the hair clean, but it feels mild and moisturizing and rinses out, leaving my hair feeling clean but not stripped -- just nicely conditioned.
My hair is fine, wavy-curly and very dry -- I could go a week without shampooing and add oils daily and it'd still feel dry -- and this helps a lot, making my hair dry with a nice wave and shine, feeling conditioned, too. The scent is decent -- kind of a light floral -- but it doesn't stick much in the hair which is fine with me. I'm probably already on my sixth or seventh bottle of this -- I don't use it exclusively, but I do keep using it and worry it'll one day be discontinued since I've seen it on clearance once or twice and don't find it as often as I once did.
My only issue is the pump bottle. I have hair that's a bit past shoulder length, and it takes a lot of pumps -- 10 or 12, at least -- to get enough product out. Other than that, I hope they keep making this product.

To Read all 208 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't let something THIS unproductive take up valuable space on my shower rack. It's not suitable for rinsing out leave-in oils, pre-poo treatments, dandruff or any product build up. There are excellent sulfate-free options that are up to the task.

This will only be a workhorse for someone with thin or very fine hair who washes daily and uses minimal product.

Most importantly, over the long term, hair may be worse off because it's left so tangled and requires more wet combing. I've had to follow with silicone-heavy detanglers.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been lurking on MakeupAlley for the past ten years. This is my first review, because this was SO BAD. I got it for $3.50 on sale, and it was still the worst beauty purchase of my life. When the other reviews say the smell was horrible, I kind of figured it was an overreaction. I'm not super scent sensitive. But imagine if Laffy Taffy and plastic bottles were made in the same factory. And then imagine there was a horrible accident and the toxic fumes comingle. That is what this smells like. In addition, the pump was horrible, and my hair was left greasy. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This cleansing conditioner lathers a bit which feels a bit satisfying. It also has a lot of slip which is great for my curly unruly hair. I like the fact that it doesn't contain sulfates or parabens. It has a strong but pleasant smell, so there is added fragrance (which was really not necessary). I can't say its the same "clean" that you feel with even a non-sulfate shampoo, but I'm ready to make the compromise. It's hard to get outside the US.

As others have said, it does take a lot of pumps to get a sufficient amount for my long thick hair. Its also a pretty slim bottle.

on 7/29/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My scalp is dry and sensitive. My hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. I haven't had much experience with cleansing conditioners. I like that this cleansing conditionerhas some lather. It seems to take a lot of pumps for my short hair. It applies easily but seems to take a long time to thoroughly rinse out. My scalp didn't become irritated, which sometimes happens with shampoos and conditioners. My hair didn't feel clean.

My hair loves this product! I've got dry, curly, auburn hair that can look horrible with the wrong products---or fabulous with the right ones. I'd been using a highly rated and pricy non-sulfate shampoo and a separate conditioner, but after vacationing in a very dry climate my hair looked like straw. One shampoo with L'Oreal's EverCreme and I got my soft, manageable curls back! Whew! What a huge relief... I thought that I'd damaged my hair hiking at high altitudes without a hat for sun and wind protection.
I've got a super sensitive scalp that itches madly from some hair products, but this cleansing-conditioner doesn't trigger that at all. Others have complained about the smell, which I personally find to be pleasant. Really---no complaints. It would be nice if it came in a bigger bottle, but that's not an issue with the product, just the packaging.

This is my go to regular hair cleansing product now. I love it! It did take some time to get my hair "used" it, if you've been using regular shampoo daily for a long peroid of time it takes awahile for your hair to stop producing so much extra oil. I do still shampoo my hair once a month, just to get rid of extra bild up, but this is my go to hair cleansing/conditioning product and I use it every other day. Its fantastic my hair is getting healthier and healthier as it grows out and my hair is way less dry than it used to be.

on 4/23/2014 1:08:00 PM

My hair: medium amount of fine straight hair that tends to be dry. Of the 3 conditioning cleansers I've tried, I like this one the best. It definitely beats Clariol's Herbal Essence Naked Cleansing Conditioner, and works on my hair slightly better than Pantene's Damage Repair. This gives my hair has a surprising amount of body and lift, and it looks healthier and smoother. The scent s very earthy and gourmand, which I know a lot of people find objectionable, but I love it. The scent doesn't stay in my hair after I've used styling products and blow dried. It costs twice as much as the other two (same price $7, but half the amount), but its still very affordable. It works best with super wet hair. The more water the more "lather" it has so it gives a very satisfying wash. I wash it twice, using 6-7 pumps the first time and 3-4 pumps the second, working it thorough my hair from scalp to roots. The only thing I hate is the packaging. The pump allows only a tiny amount to be dispensed with each pump. 6 pumps equals the same amount as one pump of Pantene. You could get trigger finger pumping this stuff out. Other than that, I really love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have naturally curly, dry, frizzy hair that is extremely hard to manage. When I got this product I was skeptical at first because I have used Wen before and loved it and didn't believe anything would work as well or as close to as well as Wen for my hair. I was wrong. Looking at the bottle it's thin and small and has a horrible pump on it. I didn't like the pump because when I started using it barely any product came out. Once I got the right amount of product out for my hair I rubbed the product in for about 5 mins to get it in my scalp and my roots. I had to use about 20 pumps for my about shoulder length hair. The smell of this product to me was amazing. It smells like vanilla and caramel. Kinda like a marshmallow. (Note: the scent is really strong and not for everyone) After washing the product out I noticed my hair was soft and silky and I was pleased. I then blow dried my hajr because I wanted to see what my hair would look like dry. My hair was still soft and silky and I was very happy. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with dry hair and anyone who has tried Wen and wants something cheaper. I also recommend only using this product once a week. Works better that way.

Popular Shampoos