Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)
Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It's fun to poke. That's about the only good thing about this blush. I got the peachy shade, and it applied super patchy and somehow managed to make me look super oily (and my skin dryyy). Plus, it somehow manages to crumble everywhere.

on 9/21/2016 11:58:00 AM

Really didn't like this product. The color payoff is terrible and the texture is really weird.

To Read all 417 Reviews, Login or Join

The blush is advertised as bouncy, but it crumbled when I tried to apply. It was very hard to apply a decent amount without it looking like your whole entire face was bright pink. Overall it was fine, but if you make one mistake there is no fixing it.

on 6/27/2016 8:13:00 PM

This blush is incredibly handy for on the go! It is $7.00, which is a little pricy for a drugstore blush- But it is not as bad as $50 blushes from Nars! I got mine in the shade Peach Satin, and the color complemented my skin perfectly, without looking like I was wearing blush- It gives you an incredibly natural look, and there are lots of shades to complement everyone's skin tone! You don't need any brushes with this product because it is a cream blush, but if you did want a brush to blend it out with instead of your fingers, I would probably recommend the Beauty Blender Beauty Blusher, from what I have heard from different makeup videos on YouTube... Overall, I don't get the bad reviews, this blush is amazing and the people who review it saying it is bad need to look at this blush again. Totally, I mean TOTALLY!!!!!!! Buy this blush... I am sure you won't forget it!

on 6/9/2016 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I could give this product 3.5 out of 5 I would. 3 is too harsh, however. I bought the shade 40 Pink Plum which is quite a bubble gum like sort of colour. The shade range of these blushes really is beautiful which is what I like.

I wrestled with the application a little, as did most people here. It cannot be applied with a brush or a beauty blender. The only way to really do it is by using your fingers which I do not have a problem with. I use my fingers to blend out a lot of my make up anyway.

Application isn't really the problem: it's the blending. You may end up getting lighter and darker areas if you're not careful. The trick is to apply it slowly and build it up and dab your finger in the product gently.

What surprised me most was the pigmentation. A little goes a long way with this blush and I can see it lasting a long time. I really did not have high expectations for this product but honestly? Aside from the weird texture and the difficulty maneuvering with the blending I don't have anything to complain about. It does everything I want it to do and it lasts all day, doesn't budge. I will say though that I think I got lucky picking the right colour. It seems the lighter shades don't really do much whereas mine is quite intense so only a little bit is needed.

Because it basically has the texture of play dough it does tend to get everywhere and stick to the lid, but then again, I guess you could just mold it around with your fingers and all!

Overall, I really like this blush, to my surprise. I wouldn't buy it again for the simple reason that I always like to try new things, and I'll only repurchase something if it becomes a holy grail product. If you have some patience to deal with the problems I mentioned above, you should have no problems.

One random thing, though: the smell. If you've ever smelt a stick of pure yellow Sulfur in your high school chemistry lab, this is exactly what it smells like. Also, it irritated my skin the first time I used it, but then it became okay and now it's perfectly fine on my skin. I don't know how that works exactly but there you go.

Overall I was really disappointed with this blush. The colours are lovely and the bouncy thing was fun for about a minute, but the formula is't very blendable - I find it patchy and tough to pick up with fingers or a brush.

I much prefer the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush for drugstore, it is blendable and long lasting and a little goes a long way.

I simply love this blush. It's especially good for more mature women as it's a hybrid type: A cross between a whipped cream but with a slight powdery finish. It has a good balance of pigmentation as it provides you with a slightly elevated blushing glow. Natural looking and soft.

on 3/27/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Ugh. I'm so not loving this product. Maybe if it was in a stick and a little firmer . I, however, am determined to finish the product which is going to be a struggle. It's been a month now and I just don't think the challenge of application is worth it. Pigment is OK, consistency is not fun. This is something that should come in a kids makeup play set. I've tried it with fingertips, sponge, beauty blender, and brush. Nothing is ideal and now I have brush bristles in the goop. I can't recommend this at all.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Frankly, I'm surprised at all the good reviews for this product.

If memory serves, I bought the pink plum color, but now I wish that I had tried either Fresh Pink or Orchid Hush. Even now I have to admit that those two shades are unique and beautiful.

I tossed this after trying to use it a few times, because it honestly wasn't worth the aggravation. The color payoff was not worth the frustration it caused and the effort it took to apply this blush.

Makeup should be fun to apply, it shouldn't ever feel like a job or make you work hard to use it. That completely defeats the purpose.

Of course, I could have just gotten a really bad one, but I'm afraid to spend more money hoping that the next blush will be different. Life is too short for that.

on 12/4/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had Candy Coral, Pink Frosting and Hot Tamale.

The colors of this blush are stunning. Vivid and flattering. And for normal or dry skin, they have good staying power.

On the other hand, they don't blend all that well if you wear them over bare skin. And even after foundation, they can get weird hot spots of color that don't blend.

The formula is kind of bizarre. Applied with fingers works best, but I hate having to touch my face. Also, it's easy to crack the little dome.

Was this an innovative idea? Yes. Was it a good idea? Jury's out. Was it that hard to do a simple cream blush? The lovely shade range is it's best selling point. Proceed with caution.