Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)
Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush is perfect for dry skin! I try to stay away from powder and more into creme products because it works better for dry skin. So this blush is a great alternative to powder. It's very build-able. It gives a natural blush look. Very smooth and soft. Easy to blend. It's not shimmery either. The colours are beautiful. It's the only blush I use and I'll continue to buy more.

The first thing I noticed when I got this is putty formula. It really puts me off. It sometimes balls up on my fingertip which can make it harder to smoothout. However, I do think this line offers some great colors for drugstore blushes. I'm pale and find that most blushes are too bright for me so this light pink's great! Also I got the color Fresh Pink which is a true pink. I'd recommend this if you're cool toned (most blushes lean wayyy too peachy for my blue toned skin).

Another qualm I have with this besides the putty texture is the application. For some reason it's hard to blend this on my foundation. I don't wear foundation every day so when I'm fresh faced it's fine but just a disclaimer if you wear heavy foundation this blush is probably too airy/lightweight. I'll try to use up as much as I can but it's definitely not good enough to repurchase.

Summary: I'm adding this to the "meh" list. Great variety of colors and undertones but poor texture and consistency so not good enough to rebuy.

This is a great blush! I Will 100% buy this product again.

1) The blush comes in a small round flip top compact like case.
2) The feeling is a little hard to the touch ( Kind of like a hard cushion, but if you were to press hard it would leave a finger imprint)
3) the color is very true and will look the same on your skin as it does in the packaging.
4) Its budget friendly ( Under 10$) and has lasted me over 9 months and I am not even half way done!
5) I like to apply it with my Mac blush brush so it blends nicely and gradually ( Or you can use beauty blender for a less pronounced look)
6) I even use it on my lips sometimes as a quick pick me up with some blistex or whatever simple gloss I have on me for a little extra color!
7) Sometimes after adding this to my cheeks I add a little to my nose and forehead to give a natural sun kissed look ( As if I have been in the sun for hours.. Ps I use the medium pink one, I forget the exact colour)

I hope this helps,,, you won't regret this purchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This blush is so polarizing! I'm on the team that loves it. You might too if you:
- like the dewy highlighted blush look
- like buildable, somewhat sheer blushes
- don't have perfect skin: then use a stippling brush to apply on top of foundation, concealer, and powder
- have perfect skin: then you get to play with the bouncy putty texture and apply with your fingers

I like to put some powder blush on top to set it or it does wear away.

I didn't love it at first until I figured out how to use it and it grew on me. Now I own 3: Rose Petal (cool almost frosty pink), Plum Wine (the darkest and most pigmented one I think), and Coffee Cake (an interesting bronzer-blush intermediary).

on 2/15/2017 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was truly an awful product.

It's chunky to begin with but working it between your fingers can improve the texture, as with most cream products. It can't be warmed up enough to make it sufficiently smooth. Even with the lightest touch and minimum amount of contact time, it disturbs foundation underneath.

I'm very fair, and this still looked very washed out. There's not enough saturation, yet they have more than enough of an opaque base from which they could have built.

I had the bright red one - the top right in the current picture on MUA. I highly doubt the color plays a large role in the performance and thus, I'm comfortable writing off the entire line.

Incidentally I've recently tried Maybelline's Strobing Liquid and I've had much of the same problems. Perhaps cream complexion products are not Maybelline's forte.

on 11/11/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite cream blush formula, and I don't even like cream face products (blushes, highlighters, bronzers)! I love the texture of these blushes, and they add so much life to the face. The texture isn't like a traditional cream blush, which is why I like it so much I think. They also wear nicely, and blend easily. I have had 2 of them (in Pink Frosting and Coffee Cake) for almost 6 months now, and neither show any signs of wearing out. Pink Frosting is a beautiful, healthy flushed look, and Coffee Cake is the cream version of Tarte's Exposed in terms of color.

It's fun to poke. That's about the only good thing about this blush. I got the peachy shade, and it applied super patchy and somehow managed to make me look super oily (and my skin dryyy). Plus, it somehow manages to crumble everywhere.

on 9/21/2016 11:58:00 AM

Really didn't like this product. The color payoff is terrible and the texture is really weird.

The blush is advertised as bouncy, but it crumbled when I tried to apply. It was very hard to apply a decent amount without it looking like your whole entire face was bright pink. Overall it was fine, but if you make one mistake there is no fixing it.

on 6/27/2016 8:13:00 PM

This blush is incredibly handy for on the go! It is $7.00, which is a little pricy for a drugstore blush- But it is not as bad as $50 blushes from Nars! I got mine in the shade Peach Satin, and the color complemented my skin perfectly, without looking like I was wearing blush- It gives you an incredibly natural look, and there are lots of shades to complement everyone's skin tone! You don't need any brushes with this product because it is a cream blush, but if you did want a brush to blend it out with instead of your fingers, I would probably recommend the Beauty Blender Beauty Blusher, from what I have heard from different makeup videos on YouTube... Overall, I don't get the bad reviews, this blush is amazing and the people who review it saying it is bad need to look at this blush again. Totally, I mean TOTALLY!!!!!!! Buy this blush... I am sure you won't forget it!