MAC Pigment - Aurora

4.5

on 11/23/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Out of all my MAC pigments, Aurora is my absolute favorite! I loved this as soon as I saw pics of it on temptalia and fortunately was able to get my hands on 2 of them so I will hopefully never run out!

on 10/20/2013 12:25:00 PM

Love this pigment. It was LE but if you ever find it at a CCO or if it is re-released at some point, it's worth picking up. It's a beautiful cool-toned khaki color, and I love it for a wash of color that isn't too smokey or evening-y but still has a presence. It has a nice texture, too, it's definitely one of the nicest pigments I have. Love it!

on 11/23/2012 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This looks less orange than All That Glitters,but still not exactly as I wanted. Pulls slightly orange on me (nw20) under harsh lights but I can tolerate that. I was lucky to buy the last one at the Mac shop but I am not madly in love. I dont think I will try to rebuy it, I wear it maybe 4 or 5 times in a year which is nothing.

I must say, I normally don't like pigments because of the fallout, (I used to wear Tan), but this pigment doesn't have any fallout and it is a gorgeous color. It is the closest pigment version of Satin Taupe, only it's lighter and has more pink undertones in it. I love this color! If you have Satin Taupe, you can use this to add a bit more shimmer and shine to your look. It looks beautiful on paint pots or paints as a base. I'd recommend it used with crease colors like wedge or coquette. I would repurchase, but because it's a limited edition I won't be able to, however a little goes a long way, so I'll have this around for a while.

I haven't been paying much attention to the MAC collections lately but I was randomly browsing Temptalia and saw the swatch for this one. And it was instant love. I rushed down to a Mac counter because this had been out for a week already but there were still some bottles and I snapped up one immediately.

The color is a beautiful light pinkish taupe. It blends beautifully with just a hint of shimmer on my eyelid. This pigment is now part of my daily neutral work look. But when I want to perk it up for an evening look, I rub a bit of glitter over my lid and my eyes really sparkle.

However, I hate the shape of the bottle and the lid inside the cap. It's so tiny that I knocked the lid off my shelf and lost it. So now my bottle has no lid, which means I probably can't take it with me to travel. Also hate the fact that its LE and such a small bottle, I've used up quite a bit already.

on 1/14/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as it looked pretty and I dont really need it but im so glad i got it. On my NC42/44 skin it looks better than nude something Ive been looking for for ages. Ive only used it once over a sheer wash of Soft Ochre paint pot and like another reviewer has said there is minimal fallout.

I have marked it down as i thik pigments are a bit over priced, MAC have reduced the amount you get and I dont like that the lid doesnt properly screwed on on the new containers.

The only reason why I wouldnt buy again is because I dont think I will ever get to the bottom of it

on 1/9/2012 7:31:00 PM

I was a lil hesitant to buy yet another earth toned pigment but I had to give it a go. This one was a pleasant surprise it is a very taupe-y brownish shimmer pigment....it is slightly sheer but paired with chocolate brown makes an awesome lid color. It just isn't dark enough to be a crease color but I still find myself loving it.

on 12/31/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited for Aurora to come out for weeks! I saw it on Temptalia's website, and I knew it would be a color I would love. I DO love it, and I love it on my daughter, too. It is a very pretty, pink/beige/bronze shimmer pigment without chunky glitter. I applied it with my MAC 252 and had no fallout. I was afraid it would not work for me because of my age and the frost-factor... but surprisingly, this pigment wasn't that bad! It did not give me "lizard lids," so I think I will actually get some use out of this pigment. If not, there's always my daughter... ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful pinky/silver metallic, absolutely gorgeous! It applies smoothly with little fall out, I'm in love! Circa plum is almost a must have from the collection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Aurora is a gorgeous shade. On my NC 43/45 skin tone it is a true natural/nude pigment for me for everyday wear. It gives my eyes that extra umph. It does not look like any other MAC or UD shades/ pigments that I can think of, so I am impressed with the uniqueness of it- pinkish/light-brown shade with a slight sheen to it.

Popular Eye Shadows