Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was on sale recently - 3.99/tube CAD - so I thought I'd pick one up since I'd heard good things.

It's a decent product with a non-drying formula. Very much like a tinted lip balm, but more pigmented. It does not last very long at all, which is a big disappointment. The saving grace is that it fades evenly. No weird chunks.

I looked for one without glitter, and I guess I didn't eyeball this one close enough. This definitely has some shimmer, but it very subtle. Still, my personal preference is no glitter, so I won't be repurchasing this shade. Due to the longevity, I would not pick up another shade, either... unless that sale comes back on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this 3 stars because how long it lasts, which isn't very long! I put this on before leaving the house in the morning, several layers. By time I got to my desk at work 50 minutes later, it was almost all gone. I didn't eat or drink anything on the way. Maybe if I used a lip primer and some lip liner it might have stayed longer, but this was just applied on bare lips. The color is wonderful for any everyday shade and I can handle the glitter as it is not really chunky. It goes on smooth and really does feel like butter with a nice shine, but not glossy. My only complaint is it's lasting power.

To Read all 178 Reviews, Login or Join

Got this 70$ off, so I really am happy. I love these lipsticks, the colors are so pretty. I'm just disappointed them don't hold very well, but for the price I paid, it was a real bargain!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
1. extremely hydrating, smooth
2. easy, effortless application

Cons:
1. color is not my utmost favorite, but everyone differs in which shade suits them the best
2. slight glitter (I'm not a huge fan of glitter on my lips, but again, everyone is different)

In conclusion, this lipstick is not bad. It's the first lipstick I have ever owned, and it was a safe color to go with. The color can be made stronger by applying more layers. The first layer is not very pigmented. I have Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in 2 shades, this and Sweet Tart. This one is more hydrating and buttery than Sweet Tart.

The only reason why I would not repurchase is because there are other shades I would rather own. But this lipstick is still great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A plum color with neutral undertone. This is the kind of color that should work for women of any age, color, undertone, whatsoever.

I'm rating this high cause Revlon's lip butters in general are very good. But for me, I did not like this one. It's a cool toned berry colour and to me, I just don't look good in cool tones, at least IMO. This looked very odd on me, something about the colouring of this lipstick on my skin tone...I don't know, it just didn't look right. I'm a NC10 for reference.
I do really love Revlon's lip butters in general, they are creamy smooth and many of them are pretty pigmented. I hate the packaging though, it's hard to pull the tube away from the lid but the lipstick tube itself is pretty luxe and HE feeling to me and there's a window at the end so you can see the colour of the lipstick. It doesn't dry out my lips and somewhere between a balm and a lipstick.
Colour wise, I'll stick to Jam Fig and Red Velvet, both of which are now sadly discontinued. This tube of Berry Smoothie I gave to my sister who loves it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a fabulous product, something inbetween a lipstick and a lip balm. It's a gorgeous pinkish red colour with tiny specks of glitter. It's moisturising and fairly long lasting. Love!

I am late in the drugstore arena ( about 4 months) and this is the most satisfactory lipstick I got. As everyone says, this is sheer with a subtle soft gloss finish. The finishing ( gloss part not the color part) is almost identical to my HG now- discontinued Chantecaille pot lipgloss in Bellini . And in fact this is the sole reason I pick this up in the first place, in order to see if I can finally find the replacement. you can tell how happy I am now. Very subtle soft gloss/ shine, just like Chantecaille pot lipgloss. Now, I just have to find a way to mix the right shade as Bellini. The colour of Chantecaille pot lipgloss is sheerer than these lip butter.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous, sheer medium pink berry color. Great for work/school or everyday. I really like the way this looks against my fair skin. This has no taste--I was expecting a berry flavor. The formula is very moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase. I was going to get peach parfait but it looked like it had too much glitter, so I went with this. This has a very tiny amount of shimmer that doesn't really show up on me. This is my favorite lipstick & I think this color would flatter anyone.

This is a very pretty neutral medium pink with a very very slight berry/mauve tone to it. I really love it! It adds the perfect MLBB tint of color to my lips and I love the soft glossy/balm like texture to it. I also LOVE that there is no sickly perfumey fragrances added to these lip butters like some others ive tried.

Wonderful! Although, be careful not to leave this in the heat at all because it will MELT for sure, since it is so soft, I actually wouldnt even keep this in my pocket.

Pros
-buttery, smooth texture
-sheer color
-moisturizing
-easily wearable
-fragrance free

cons
(none)