Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet #34 - La Raffinee

No Image

4.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a beautiful lipstick. It covers very well but feels light on the lips A lovely muted “almost red” color. This is my favorite lipstick formula by Chanel.

on 10/24/2017 12:15:00 PM

La Raffinée (translation from French: the refined one) is a beautiful medium-deep muted berry with rose and mauve undertones. It is matte but is doesn`t dry out my lips the way that some other matte lipsticks tend to do (before I apply any lipstick, matte or not, I always apply lip balm generously and then blot away the excess). It`s expensive but the packing is luxurious - but those are both things you`d expect from Chanel, right?

on 3/12/2015 8:40:00 PM

This is a great color. Now that the fashion for reds is fading, I plan to wear this color more often. Of course, the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet line has such a nice texture. . ..though honestly, it seems to me that La Sensuelle isn't as nice that way as the other colors??

I want to tell all the ladies out there about something that I just recently figured out: why lipsticks so frequently dry and irritate our lips. This isn't always the case, but a lot of the time,
IT'S THE PERFUME!
I am sensitive to perfume in liquid hand soap, deodorant, treatment products, etc. etc., so that helped me figure this out.
I have to put aside my Dior, Chanel, and YSL lipsticks and switch them out with Lipstick Queen or Clinique, just about every other day. The lack of irritation from LQ and Clinigue tends to confirm my diagnosis.
I WISH THEY WOULD JUST TAKE THE PERFUME OUT OF LIPSTICKS!

on 12/9/2014 2:00:00 AM

1)It is a very decent, elegant color.
2)It looks very beautiful on East Asian girls who have a bright personality with conservative life style. Good for office and day time activities.

on 5/13/2014 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

beautiful packaging. i love matte lipsticks and this is actually perfect. this is my HG i love it!!! i use a tiny bit of balm underneath and it goes on seamlessly and looks so gorgeous. the smell is nice and the colour....the colour is universal!! it'd suit any skin tone. it's warm and sort of a lip coloured pink, it doesn't differ too much from my normal natural lipcolour...it just warms them up. it's wonderful for an everyday lipstick and it's well worth the money

on 12/30/2014 2:17:00 AM

I purchased this lipstick two days ago and I fell in love with it instantly. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet is worth every cent I paid: good colour pigmentation and long lasting. After eating and drinking, I only reapplied later at night after work. This colour makes your lips look fresh and the velvet touch makes your lips look kissable. Besides, the packaging is really fancy.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a beauty-geek or a professional

on 4/26/2012 4:05:00 PM

Pros:
-love this color- dark pink mauve
-love the chic design
-can wear it everyday and at night as well
-suits my skintone NC37 so amazing

Cons:
-it is a lil bit drying but i can live with that fact bc this color is too beautiful

--i am definitely gonna buy this again--

on 12/24/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this lipstick in Saks, and really really liked it. It is soft and creamy, and has good staying power. I usually avoid matte because they are so drying, but this one felt very good. However, within an hour, my lips started flaking badly. While I didn't have perfect lips to begin with, this one caused it to flake. I decided not to buy it. The color is very nice, feels so creamy, and I want it so badly because it looks so natural and pouty on, but I cannot deal with the flaking. I will use a lip balm and try this again, if my lips continue to flake I won't buy it. Sigh! Some of Chanel lipsticks that have high staying power cause me to dry out and flake, wish Chanel made better matte lipsticks.

on 10/18/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A true gem: a glowing mauve with warm pink undertones, packaged in a beautiful black and gold casing. Goes great with blue eyes. It is true that your lips have to be in top condition in order to wear it, but not like some reds where every tiny flake shows. I exfoliate mine before wear with a brown sugar lip scrub and then prep them with just a touch of balm (don't use a real slick balm or the lipstick will end up on your teeth). It goes on best if you use a lip brush, like the retractable one made by Chanel. Sounds like a lot of effort for a lipstick, but trust me, it's worth the extra effort.

on 8/11/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this in search of a good quality everyday lipstick. The colour isn't too daring (a mauve pink) making it suitable for daywear, but if you layer it, the colour is borderline reddish making it suitable for nightwear

After first applying it, texture is really nice (feels like a lip balm) but after a few minutes it feels a little strange, Like your lips are really smooth but dry as if there is no product there. In saying this, the staying power is great and doesn't need to be reapplied often.
As usual, the packaging is sleek. The nice cold black (metal?) Chanel packaging. Something different with this lipstick is you have to click the base of the lipstick then remove the cap which covers the entire length of the product