Birchbox

Birchbox
BirchboxBirchboxBirchboxBirchbox

2.6

on 5/8/2018 10:06:00 AM

The content of the boxes doesn’t appear to be high end brands as advertised.

on 12/8/2017 3:37:00 PM

The subscription itself is lackluster. Nowadays there are several others out there that you should consider. My real problem is when you use the shop and dealing with customer service. It takes forever to receive your refund and then they question you about why you had to return something. I used to really enjoy the company, but as of late it's been horrible.

on 11/14/2017 2:56:00 PM

All items I've recieved are cruelty free, most of them even vegan, which is amazing for a subscription box. A company driven by compassion and not money hungry at the sake of animal lives.

on 8/1/2017 2:58:00 AM

I'm going to unsubscribe from Birchbox due to their customer service. In my last box I received broken eye pencil and their customer service offered me nothing better than 50 points to my account. Really dissapointed! Looking forward to try Boxycharm, even though it's more expensive but I heard so many great reviews about it (mainly from Kathleen Lights).

on 6/14/2017 11:31:00 AM

Looking for a different monthly beauty sample club!! Any suggestions? I am so tired of Birchbox's poor customer service. Some of the products I've received are good, but when there is a problem, their agents are sugary sweet, but NOT HELPFUL. Today, I contacted them to let them know that a product I received was broken and non-usable. They supposedly contacted the manufacturer, and were told that the product was out of stock. The agent was all excited to let me know that she could give me 50 points which allows me to get $5 off of a product. That would be "okay" if their products were priced well. Their not. Sigh. This is just one of the many issues I've had with their Customer Service. After 2 years of membership....I'm done

on 5/22/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was gifted with Birchbox for 1 year. Sweet and caring gift? Yes, but almost all of the products do NOT fit my profile at all. and the prices of products to buy are higher than a lot of other online sites. I will not renew.

on 12/8/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For $15, it's not a bad deal depending, of course, what's in your box. It evens out in the long run, but one must put aside disappointment & thinking that any company would be wise to spend money on advanced programs & packaging systems to customize a $15 box. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is," is always the wisest path in setting expectations for anything. I take items I can't use and put them in a xmas stocking box over the year. There are plenty of salt sprays in there, too, since I live five miles from the beach; I don't whine about "but don't they see my zip code!" It's $15 and if you like to pick out your own stuff, you're setting yourself up for disappointment with any of these surprise boxes.

I like the element of surprise, getting packages in the mail, and the cost for those. I don't like Birchbox's flagrant lie of being able to customize your next box--in all my subscriptions over the years, it's never worked once & always goes to the home "buy stuff" page. I don't like the incessant videos about products instead of the written word, and the person featured in those is guaranteed to be slappable. The packaging is NOT environmentally-friendly and like all of them, wasteful.

I recommend Sephora--which has a waiting list--first and Birchbox second in this price range, although for $50 every three months, you could go with creme de la creme Test Tube Beauty (amazing full-size inclusions with that one). I wouldn't recommend Ipsy at all, as in six months I had amassed a collection of blue eyeliners, lip glosses (strictly glosses) and needless zippered bags too small to practically use.

As long as you're realistic about it, Birchbox is a fun way to experiment and even at its worse, it's a way to collect gift additions someone you know will use. I've never had trouble canceling when I said so. Of course, as any automated subscription of any kind, you have to do that at least a week before the next billing cycle and that's just how it is with such a thing. Again, for $15, you shouldn't expect a personal kiss.

on 12/8/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Terrible service! I received one box. Which I was not happy with, because it contained crap products from brands I had never heard of! Even tried to look up info about them online and could find very little, except for on birchbox's website and maybe one other non-reputable website. I canceled. Then several days later, I received a shipping notification saying my box was on its way! I contacted customer service. I was lied to. I was told that, I was billed for the new box right before I canceled, on the same day. Checked my account, I was billed the day after I canceled!! Still in the process of trying to get my money back. Will update.

P.S. I counted 9 rave reviews from trolls, just on the first 4 pages of reviews! This company is a fraud who pays people to write rave reviews! Beware!!

on 7/9/2016 12:09:00 AM

Received my first Birchbox today. I saw what other people received, and my items were completely different, and yes, less desirable. One of my 5 samples was a tiny perfume vial, like you get for free when you order from Sephora! That surprised me. If they really were even vaguely curating these boxes to suit the customer's profile, I'm not sure how they came up with this lot. Anyway, I'm done with them.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

DO NOT GET BIRCH BOX !! I got this for my wife. She has not received 2 of the 6 boxes owed to her. Cancellation is near impossible.. If you wish to talk to anyone you must submit a request and hope they call you at a good moment. Boxes come at random times, no constancy. The "tayloring quiz" at the beginning meand nothing. My wife has received items that she specifically asked not to get.. Get Ipsy or the Sephora monthly subscription. .. well worth it !

Popular Other Products