L'Occitane Angelica Gel Cleanser

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a decent cleanser in the sense that it will remove makeup etc. However, for the price it is ridiculous. I brought the travel size set that came with two of the moisturiser, toner and gel cleanser in travel size bottles. I thought at first that I liked it, but since I have sensitive combination skin, it wasn't doing anything to control my breakouts. I can understand why people have got rashes from this product - so many of the products on the ingredients list are irritants.

The lady at the counter recommended this for my combination skin, but it's really disappointing. Alongside this, it contains sodium Laureth sulfate - something I would completely avoid in skincare since it is drying.
Overall, L'occitane may pride itself on being a high-end skin care brand but this skincare range was extremely mediocre. The heavily fragranced cleanser isn't good for any skin type.

Bought the the cleanser and gel on Thursday, used the product on Friday and I broke out in an allergic rash.
I probably should have taken waited to use a sample ( but the store ran outandthe assistant swore by the product, so I bought it on impulse). Set me back €58 for the set. The product smells lovely but that's about all I can promote. I'm too scared to give it to anyone but if you sampled it and have no allergic reaction you can haven't...for FREE!
This is probably my worst reaction thus far

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This dried my skin out really bad, but I don't have oily skin so I think that's why, this would be great for oilier skin types. Smells really good, my face feels SO clean after cleansing and it removes makeup really good. I gave the bottle to my sister who has a bit of acne and oily skin and she loves it, works wonders for her skin!

I love love love this product! I have oily and acne-prone skin. I tend to break out more during high stress situations. This produce does not get rid of existing acne, but it does prevent breakouts in the future. During my time of the month, I usually have a face covered in acne and so much excess oil. Since being on this product, my acne is under control and my oil is not over bearing. I recommend using the entire like in order to ensure that your oil stays under control. It is expensive so of the product does not work for you, L'Occitane has a 30 day money back guarantee. I highly recommend the entire line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It good enough for oily skin coz it dried ur skin. Its not break out ur acne, cleans ur skins without itch effect but for acn

So I received this gift as a Christmas present, and I've tried it out for a few days. Initial reaction was good, the packaging is nice and sleek, and the cleanser is in the form of a clear gel. On the skin, despite the bottle claiming the gel 'transforms into foam', the gel does not foam easily, but smells great and is smooth to apply. After washing off, the skin feels clean, though perhaps a little dry. After using this for a few days, I noticed rashes beginning to form on my skin. Now, I NEVER get rashes. Never in my life have I had a rash on my face before, and I was surprised and disappointed to find the rash on my skin came just shortly after using this cleanser. After stopping using it, my skin became less inflamed and mostly healed.

From reading other reviews, some people have had the same problem, whilst others say the cleanser is great, so basically, buy at your own risk. This cleanser probably isn't the most suitable for oily/combination acne-prone skin, but the fact that I came up in a rash is worrying, considering the fact I don't have sensitive skin...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you are combo or oily skin you will love it!!! 2 pumps and it removes all your makeup including waterproof mascara!! I feel soo clean after using this. You have to try it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, the smell is divine!! This cleans well, but i have a habbit of double washing my face every morning and night. I use 1,5 pumps each wash. I have oily skin and it gets rid of excess sebum perfectly. My face glows when i wake up. 4 lippys for a heavy price tag.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have been using the Angelica Gel Cleanser for three weeks and I love it. I was unsure of whether to buy a gel or a creme cleanser when I decided to try L'Occitane's skin care products, but the Angelica line is marketed for drier skin types. It would be good for normal or combo skin too. Unlike many gel cleansers the Angelica doesn't dry my skin out. It is a low-lathering formula so I use three pumps to get enough lather. I also use it with my Clarisonic and it works well with that too. No breakouts, smooth, even skin, and no dryness, even in winter. I would definitely repurchase.

I have the same problem with the reviewer below... The only reason I bought the cleanser is because I have recently started using the angelica moisturizer and loved it. However, my face became sensitive, and became itchy after using it. My skin was dry, became patchy, it only calmed after I applied the Aveeno eczema care cream on my face! I went to L'Occitane and asked if I can return it. However, I need to speak to the manager of the store about it. The associate told me usually the cleanser form should be more mild than the moisturizer, which has a higher concentration of the main ingredients. My guess is then I'm allergic to the cleanser but not the moisturizer. Not very happy about this purchase.