LUSH Toothy Tabs - Sparkle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LUSH Toothy Tabs - Sparkle

3.2

on 7/7/2015 10:31:00 AM

I love this product, I genuinely don't understand the people saying it tastes horrible because it really doesn't, doesn't really burn either. It foams up nicely and makes my teeth feel really clean and definitely sparkly :). I'd say for just 2.50 they're definitely worth a go!

on 5/3/2015 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've only used this a few times, so I don't know if the whitening works- might have to update this review later on. But I can say that it tastes gross! I have never brushed my teeth so fast, lol. But my teeth always feel very clean after. It's cheap too, and the packaging is different- you can recycle it, so you're helping the environment too :)

First off I love the packaging it's adorable! The price is perfect considering you get 40 or so toothy tabs (solid toothpaste). I have only used this twice but the results are amazing!!! I wear clear braces and as a teenager I drink soda eat junk food which stains my braces an orangey or off white color!! And I brush every day 3 times for a while and the stains don't come off!! When I used sparkle toothy tabs every stain came off of my braces and my teeth were so white! They were shining and felt like I just payed a visit to the dentist! The only turn off of sparkle toothy tabs is the taste WARNING: DON'T TRY TO EAT IT LIKE MY FRIEND DID!! ONLY CRUSH IN BETWEEN FRONT TEETH! Sadly it has a peppery taste. If you don't want the taste of pepper on your tongue I suggest you only crush the tablets and not try to eat it like gum! I definitely am repurchasing this product!

on 2/21/2015 6:54:00 AM

So I am surprised to see the super amazing reviews that these have. I bought mine and they lasted for all of 5 days before they went out of date - kinda annoying!
And I don't know if it was because they were so close to the use by date or if I got a bad batch but they were just PEPPER CITY. I love my pepper and spicy food but this was way too much. Then after using them for a few days I dropped the box into a shallow puddle in the bathroom and the tabs got all wet and started disintegrating.
Not the best experience... I might try again given that my review was so off compared to everyone elses.

on 2/1/2015 10:58:00 AM

Although these tabs do clean my teeth exceptionally well and do make them look a little whiter, I think that the strong oils in this product are irritating my mouth. The packaging states that this is flavored with grapefruit, lemon and pepper. I believe it is the pepper that is irritating my mouth and leaving my lips sore. My lips feel very dry and sore after using this, and the inside of my mouth feels tender.

I also hate the aftertaste (but it tastes ok when you are brushing your teeth with it).

I will probably use up the rest of the box but won't repurchase this particular one again.

I wanted to like this one, since it's supposed to be more whitening than the others. (I typically use Chou Chou or Dirty. Dirty is so far my favorite.)
But I just couldn't get behind this one, the pepper taste was just too strong!
Seems to whiten just fine though, but I only used it once, so my experience with it is limited but I don't wish to try it again.

3/5 Lippies.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I decided to spend and entire $2 and go out on a limb to try my first ever non mint toothpaste. Personally, although it definitely does make my teeth feel clean, I'm not big on the taste at all. The lemon grapefruit and pepper flavouring doesn't appeal to me. However do quite like the Chou Chou I love you, and Atomic Toothy Tabs. If you're up for something completely out of the norm, I'd say give Sparkle a whirl, but it's not my thing.. Atomic however does have a chai flavour which I much prefer. The only downfall about the entire Toothy Tab range is that none of the packaging is waterproof, which makes it a bit of a pain. But it is better for the environment.

on 11/9/2012 8:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Fun, Lovely taste and it actually seems to whiten my teeth. Price is reasonable for a toothpaste !
The only thing is the box if left in damp areas or long time after buying goes quiet rapidly soft and berky ! when it is better when the tabs stays crunchy . enjoyed putting them in a small tin and using them in my travels and offering them to my friends as small funny gift !

on 10/13/2012 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really don't get why everyone hates these so much!
It quite clearly states that they have pepper in them and yes, the taste does take a few goes to get used to and it isn't the best in the world (hence why I knocked a star off) but the cleaning power of them is unbelievable!
I'm a smoker and through this have aquired some unsightly stains on my front teeth, after using Toothy Tabs for a couple of weeks (I use Chou Chou... I Love You at night for the rose taste and Sparkle in the morning to wake me up!) the stains on my front teeth have nearly gone so I'm sure with continued use they'll disappear eventually.
They also leave my teeth feeling squeaky clean, so much so that I usually can't stop touching my teeth with my tongue!

The packaging isn't very good as it's made of card so if you leave it in a steamy bathroom it'll go soggy but I just tend to keep them in my bedroom and take one tab with me into the bathroom.

I'll definitely be buying these again as they're really cheap (2.50 for 40 tabs) cheaper than other 'whitening' toothpastes that I've bought that haven't worked!

on 12/26/2011 12:13:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that I actually rate this product a 1 or 2 but since I didn't get an accurate feel of it, I gave it a 3. I bought the Sparkle Toothy Tabs because I was curious and thought they looked pretty cool and a fun alternative to regular toothpaste. Plus, they were only like $3 or something like that. I chose Sparkle because it said they give you fresh breath and make your teeth sparkle...what's not to like? You put them in your mouth and bite into them, then wet your tooth brush and proceed to brush as normal. I bit into the tab and....the taste was overwhelming. I know LUSH products and realize that they rarely add tastes or unnatural fragrances so I wasn't expecting a wonderful taste but I was not prepared for the horrible taste that followed. The worst part was that it set my mouth on fire! I read the package before buying and saw it was "Lemon-Pepper". I thought it was kind of odd, but expected it to me more lemony than peppery. I was wrong...it is all pepper and I really didn't taste any lemon at all. I spit it out immediately and used my regular Crest, the taste was in my mouth for hours though. I tried them one more time for a second chance but still...overwhelmingly bad taste. As far as cleaning my mouth, I'm not sure because I used my regular toothpaste right after to get the disgusting taste out. That is why I cannot accurately give these tabs a rating. As a fan of LUSH products in general, I hate to write a bad review so consider this more of a warning. Maybe the taste won't bother you but just be careful when buying.

Popular Other Products