3.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 months ago

Okay mascara. It won't give you those WOW lashes. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (302 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

LOVE this mascara. It holds a curl, and really lengthens your lashes. My new HG beside CG's Clump Crusher.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

This mascara really lengthened my lashes, and made them feathery. I really loved it, but lately I've been drawn to mascaras that thicken my lashes and probably won't repurchase this

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

My lashes are already long and thick, and I have a lash comb so I can work with 98% of mascaras. but I love this- my favourite. better or comparable to any high end mascara I've ever used. thin brush easy to completely coat each lash. and one coat is perfect for every day and is easy to layer for a more dramatic look.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

3.0

4 years ago

This mascara promises to give you "Illegal Length" eyelashes, however I do not find that it makes much difference in the length or thickness of my lashes when compared to other mascaras that I use (Maybelline the Great Lash collection being my favourite drugstore brand for everyday mascara). That being said, I do appreciate how this mascara works. I do not find that the fibre lash extensions stick to my eyelashes as promised, and I do not find that this product has a lot of fibre lash extensions in it to begin with. This mascara is also not easy to remove and sometimes even after showering I find that it is still on my lashes (I did not buy the waterproof one!) Overall it is an OKAY mascara that is good for daily use. I would not buy it again however, because I don't think that the results are worth the price I paid. It definitely did not deliver on the length that was advertised, and overall I was disappointed with the results.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This was my favorite mascara for years, and it is very good. I’ve since moved on to tubing mascaras, but if you like a regular formula this is an excellent choice - about 1-2 clicks above “my lashes but better." What I love: 1. It provides length with some volume at the lash base, but not a lot. One coat is a couple of clicks above a natural lash without looking over-the-top. Perfect for daytime. 2. You can do two coats ***if you’ve a lash comb*** without looking like Miss Manga. Perfect for nighttime. Without a comb, Miss Manga you may well be. 3. The color is decent for this pale skinned blonde. I prefer brown as it looks less harsh, but this is not jarringly dark. It still looks ok for daytime. 4. IL has fibers. Normally a no-no for contact lens wearers, but the formula locks them down and I’ve never had a problem. 5. No smudging or flaking. *Mild* resistance to tears/water. Pretty good resistance to oils on face. Not waterproof/will run eventually but it puts up a respectable fight. Today I was whittling down my mascara sample stash and I started doing comparisons. Turns out this in Brownish Black** is a spot-on dupe (color-wise, too) to MUFE Smoky Extravagant in Black. Since - at time of writing - IL is $8.99 for .22 oz and MUFE SE is $24 for .23 oz. And the IL formula and brush are actually superior...I see zero reason to pay $24 for MUFE SE. Finally, I said yes to repurchase because I have many times, as recently as six months ago (when I stashed Brownish Black, heh); but I don't use this every day now as I now prefer the glossier finish/feel/waterproofing (w/o difficult removal) that tubing mascaras provide. **Sadly, Brownish Black is almost impossible to find nowadays - I think they’ve discontinued the shade and now only offer Blackest Black (which in theory will be darker than SE Black).

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

This is my favorite mascara thus far. Ever since L'Oreal discontinued my go-to mascara, I have been on the hunt for another product. This product has been a life saver. It really does add length to my lashes and the fiber extensions are not messy as they are in other brands. The mascara also stays on for the whole day. It does not smudge or flake off. My only complaint is with the packaging. The silver coating on the tube rubs off and I keep finding little silver chips of it everywhere. Great price and a great product!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

4 years ago

I had high hopes for this product but I was extremely upset with what it did to my lashes and eyes. The first time I used this product my lashes looked amazing they had volume and looked amazing. However, after a few uses my eyes burnt all the time, and I could not get the product off my eyes it took an extensive amount to get all of it off as it had really stuck itself onto my eyelashes. I had to leave my eyes bare for a few days as my were very irritated from the product. This may just be my eyes, but i have never had a problem with a mascara prior to this experience.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

On my venture in trying out new mascaras to compare them to my everyday mascara Rimmel Extra Super Lash, I'm moving from all the fat, pointed end mascara tubes onto a welcomed slim tube. IL has a long, bristle brush with long and short hairs. I got some nice length, a bit more length than ESL but not as much volume. A fiber would occasionally stick out on the end of a lash or go in my eye on application. An easy fix but not ideal in any way. No smearing, very little clumping or flaking once dry, and it held a curl and washed off easily with my face wash. The black color did fade after a few hours. The effect on my lashes was on par with "The Rocket", but the fibers were a negative.

About reviewer (327 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

I usually buy cheap mascara, Maybelline, or whatever's on sale - I don't wear it often. My lashes are OK length, but they are blonde, so mascara transforms them. I bought this as a treat as it was a bit more expensive $15aud+. The first thing I noticed when applying, is that my lashes did not curl back, like they usually would. The formula is very thick, and my lashes didn't separate like I expected. It dries almost instantly, so applying a second coat wasca bit redundant ( the package explains to apply quickly). Overall, a disappointment. I would liken the results to a very cheap no name brand. I think to get best results from this product, first use your normal trusted mascara and then maybe add illegal lengths to the very tips of lashes?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43