Aromaleigh Glamoured Finishing Powder in Alchemilla

1 review

on 12/24/2011 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Aromaleigh v2 has reincarnated several of its older makeup options in its new line. Alchemilla is the newer incarnation of Metamorphosis, a greyish-green (stay with me) finishing powder.

THE GOOD: It's a soft, finely milled finishing powder that lasts and doesn't accentuate redness. I like shimmer, but I don't find this over-the-top.

THE BAD: It's hard to find something truly "bad" about this product. It's not a miracle worker, and it's not even my favorite finishing powder, but it's by no means a bad one. If you don't like shimmer or glitter, you won't like it. I'm fine with shimmer and can't see the glitter once I've applied this, so I must be immune.

THE UGLY: It doesn't turn me green, but if you're already sallow, you do not need this on your face. And, again, if you are the type of person who is really bothered by glitter on your face (and I don't blame you), step away. (I just don't really see it on my face, although I do see it in the pot.) Let me put it this way: if you're bothered by the glitter in ballz, this is not for you. If you're like, "What glitter in ballz?" then you might perhaps like this.

THE PRICE: Pretty mid-range as far as mineral makeup etailers go. You get 12 grams in a 20 gram pot and it does last a while, as you only use a teensy bit at a time.

THE BOTTOM LINE: I wasn't wowed. And I've had that "wow" feeling in a finishing powder before--when I put on a Southern Magnolia Minerals HD illuminating powder, I could tell a difference. But this just doesn't do it for me. It is decent and I'll use it, but I won't repurchase.