Avene Triacneal

Avene  Triacneal

3.8

WATER (AQUA). CETYL ALCOHOL. CYCLOMETHICONE. POLYSORBATE 60. GLYCOLIC ACID. AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). SD ALCOHOL 39-C (ALCOHOL DENAT). POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. CETEARYL ALCOHOL. ARGININE HCL. BHT. CETEARETH-33. DIMETHICONOL. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). POTASSIUM SORBATE. RED 33 (CI 17200). RETINAL. UNDECYL RHAMNOSIDE.

on 3/29/2017 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My savior when my acne is inflamed. This is old version, i feel this formula is more strong .Yes, It cause dry on my skin, later i tried to use Skin Recovery as moisturizer, wait 5min, then i apply Triacneal, result is better, no dry skin,no itchy. Use only at night. This color cream is yellow.....it will move to your pillow case when you sleep.
New packaging and new formula : Trianeal Expert is great and moist my skin too, not make my skin become dry.

on 3/11/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm cautiously starting to use this as a spot treatment and will update my review in a few months.
But I'm *super* confused: when I visit the Avene website, they don't even list an Avene Triacneal Cream!

Avene currently has 2 products in their Triacneal line - Triacneal Night Smoothing Lotion and Triacneal Day Cream. I compared ingredients and this product's ingredients differ from the one they have displayed on their site.
Is this product an old version, or discontinued, or no more listed on their website for a reason?

If anyone has experience using both (the Triacneal Night Smoothing Lotion and this Triacneal Cream), I would love to see a review posted on here about which works better - as I'm now veering towards the Smoothing lotion, seeing as that has some superior seeming hydrating ingredients.

If anyone has any info clearing up this little mystery, it'd be great to see a little review! :)

Hi... I just started using this product 2 days ago at night its really drying the next day i got new pimples in the morning is it normal?. I just try this product becoz ive heard it works for acne prone skin...

on 10/26/2016 3:28:00 PM

First review on MA ever...I just had to say that this product saved my skin!! I had red acne scars that just weren't going away. After using this cream for a week they were almost all gone or barely visible!

It is a very strong product though so after a week i had to take a break because my skin got very dry and irritated. That's when i realised i can put it on every two days with 1 day pause.

My pores are less visible and i have no new pimples. Also, my skin is just less oily now.

BTW: I've been using this product for a month and really, the effect hasn't changed. My skin didn't get used to it or something.

One thing that i like less is that it has a slightly yellow undertone, which is why you should probably wear foundation or BB creme on top of it, when wearing in daytime.

PROS: Helps with pimples and large pores

CONS: the cream is a bit yellow

on 6/21/2015 7:03:00 PM

I've been using this product for a month. Before that I was using effaklar k by la Roche possay. Although effaklar k has a better more fluid texture, triacneal really does the job better. I don't have major imperfections but really enlarge pores some tiny blackheads and oily skin. My skin is super soft now and my pores are little bit tighter. I used this only at night, and in the morning I used bioderma for enlarge pores. Triacneal can be drying and I've been experimenting some peeling in the skin but it's normal. I would definitely buy it again

on 5/28/2015 3:50:00 AM

I have been using this product for years (back when it was called diacneal) (thank u skincare board for the rec) once i realised that the retinaldehyde is one of the most potent u can get over the counter. Again with all the chemical based exfoliants i have tried i had to ease into using this, and now i use it every second to third night. It has reduced the amount of breakouts i have and has declogged my combo skin. I use extra when i feel a cystic breakouts on the rise, and it does significantly reduce the appearance of them. I also feel that u have to judge if your skin needs extra moisture or not once u apply this and wait a few minutes- i usually top this with cerave pm or the first aid beauty overnight radiance mask. I also feel that over time, it has had an anitaging effect on my skins appearance due to the retinaldehyde. I will continue to use and repurchase this. Fyi- i have seen in recent weeks this product has been named Triacneal expert- i will review this when i can to see if there has been any formula change.

on 4/22/2015 8:47:00 AM

I'm inlove with this! It's a life saver :D
It's doing great job with my acne + it's really economic.
It does make my skin pretty dry, though.

on 4/2/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

It has flattened down two cystic pimples that were coming out on my jawline in just 4 hours. This little tube is a hero. And it lasts forever, too! Well worth the price, and everyone needs it in their drawers.

on 11/13/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have a very sensitive skin with acnes. I have had some big red spots on my face that didn't go away for months. But after applying this for about two or three times directly on to the spots, my skin started to peel and the red spots were disappearing. I've tried different kinds of scrubs, Tea Tree cream, Isopropyl Alcohol, etc. but none of them made a single difference. One thing I'm kind of iffy about this product is that in the product description, it says skin may burn and irritate when first time in use but for me, even after almost three times of using it, my skin still burns. I guess I'll stop applying it all over my face but just on the acnes. Recommended!

on 10/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

This product is absolutely great! I use it for the second time, since I've tried (so many times), to get hold of Retin-a 0,05%, but it seams like, in my region (Balkan), they don't import, or produce it, anymore. Anyway, only thing that contains something similar to retin-a, is this! Its been a week since i started using it again, and some new spots do appear, but i think that is the part of cleansing process. Scars fade away quickly, that's is true. I am only interested if it's realistic to expect that skin will clear up for good. I mean, you don't wanna use products this harsh forever...or i will just have to use is always, from time to time, with some pauses. That remains general wondering :) For now, I am satisfied. Also, if you can combine usage of this products with some kind of vitamin supplements (zinc, vitamin e, vitamin B, etc.), it would be good for your skin. I am currently using Natural Wealth vitamins for skin, hair and nails.