Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil

Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil

4.2

100 Organic Rose Hip Oil

on 11/12/2016 1:53:00 AM

I was really scared to try this product. For every dozen glowing reviews about rosehip oil-there would be one that mentioned major breakouts. I am not necessarily prone to breakouts-I don't have acne and I'm not overly oily...but I do tend to get a pimple or two when trying new products or using creams with the wrong ingredients for my skin. But I had already bought this on a whim from the health food store while buying other products so I figured Id take a risk and try it out in small doses. So far Ive been using it under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose which is always dry and red, and patting any extra on my forehead and temples. So far so good. This replaces my need for an eye cream, and helps with the extra dryness I get between my eyes. Keeps skin in these areas which are prone to fine lines moist and plump. I have done my research on rosehip oil and read that it can help everything from dry skin and aging to acne scars and acne. I have also read some useful information-that it expires quickly-within 6 months and should probably be kept in the fridge-which is where I keep mine. Mine also doesn't have a fishy smell as I noticed some others mentioned...so I'm not sure if that's normal? Anyway, I would love to use this on my chiin where I tend to break out, and where theres always some lingering redness from pimples of days gone by...but I feel like its too risky so I'll hold off on that. If I do get the guts to use this all over the face and see further results I will come back and update my review to comment on its effectiveness. I am glad to have this for the upcoming winter because it really does hydrate-and my face tends to get dry and chapped to the point of burning mid winter. So thus far I recommend checking this stuff out if you haven't already-and see if it works for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am among the "wish this worked for me" crowd. It makes my skin glow and keeps it moisturized and makes my under eye area less crinkly. It plumps out my skin like nothing else I've tried. I used it mostly in the evening under bp cream, but occasionally during the day, and makeup applies nicely over it. However, it makes me break out. It really exacerbates my chin and nose. I tried reducing my usage to every other night, but it's just a no go. I have been saving it for days that I need my face to look on point; I was in a wedding this last weekend, and I must say, I looked damn fine. However, right on schedule, my chin has 4 big angry zits. It was super clear before this weekend.

As others have said, this smells a little weird, herbal and slightly "fishy". It's not something I dread or anything, and it fades. The bottle does up tight, and it's pretty sturdy, I've travelled with it. The dropper dispenses easily. I have no complaints about packaging. It was about $20, so affordable enough to do a trial run. I don't regret trying it, and I'll slowly use it up, but I probably won't rebuy due to the breakouts I experienced.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

Now that I've used almost a whole bottle of this, I felt like I could give a thorough review of the product.

First, when I started using this (after switching from my much adored but $$$ Boscia Tsubaki Oil), I noticed I immediately broke out! My skin is usually clear but this caused several LARGE bumps on my forehead and nose area. I'm not sure if they were pimples per se as, even when I had pimples, they would be small and easily removed, but they felt like hard, big bumps under the skin that eventually got reabsorbed. I stopped applying the oil to my face and instead patted it lightly under and around my eyes to minimize lines while trying to get rid of the bumps.

I did notice that the fine lines under my eyes were substantially reduced and they were less puffy, so that's a plus.

Eventually I began applying the oil to my face again to see if it was just an initial reaction, and lo and behold, my skin has since improved immensely. As another commenter mentioned, however, when I skipped using it for a few days, the fine lines returned with a vengeance. Still wouldn't call this my HG, and would forewarn that it could cause some initial purging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using Trilogy Rosehip oil for 2 years, but my local organic skincare store stopped stocking it and replaced it with the Sukin line.
I would say it goes on less greasily than the Trilogy, that is to say it sinks in to my skin/absorbs more. I know this as it just doesn't migrate to my hair as much (nightmare in the morning) and my skin isn't tacky after 10 mins.
I still don't think I'd use it as a day moisture source, as it does keep one's skin well oiled. I don't use any night creams as anything of any moisture giving potency clogs my pores, so I only use rosehip oil at night sometimes alternating with Paula's choice 2% BHA gel and this keeps my skin plumped and tip top.
I would just add that when I stop using RHO for any length of time the fine lines around my eyes very quickly reappear.

on 8/31/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm only 20 but I'm absolutely terrified of ageing and wrinkles. I try my absolute best to make sure I age nicely, and I heard rosehip oil does a good job of it. I have some acne scarring and weird uneven skin, also.

I'm a fan of the Sukin range already so I picked this up. It was on sale for $9, so for oil yeah expensive but I can't comment on the original price as I have no clue what it is.

This stuff is great for my dry skin. My skin is flakey but at the same time my pores can get so clogged from products I was scared to use this. At first I got what a lot of people have reported, red bumps on my face. I persevered and kept using and they eventually went away after about a month of use. So, I haven't noticed a difference in how it's keeping away fine lines etc but what I have noticed is my dryness has almost gone whilst using this, my skin tone has evened out completely (besides eye bags but eh) and my acne scarring is less severe, not gone, not even close to gone but has improved.

Overall, yes I'd repurchase. Not because of the immediate effects it has on my skin but to keep it replenished and healthy.

on 7/25/2016 6:37:00 PM

BE CAREFUL!!!! After using this for over 2 months my skin is covered in tiny lumps and bumps!!! If you had asked me to review this after the 1st few weeks I would have given it 5 stars my skin seemed to drink this up everything felt smooth and looked fresh in the morning sadly my skin turned for the worst!!! After my husband pointed out my skin looked lumpy on my cheek area and jawline I couldn't feel them but he could see them!!!! (Cringe) I have not stopped using this on my face and just tap a tiny amount around my eye area after a week of not using it on my face the bumps are fading thankfully I'm really disappointment as this was working so well for me and the other reviews were fab!!! Sadly this is a defo no no for my oily open pore acne skin

on 7/22/2016 6:24:00 AM

I recently read rosehip oil is great for pigmentation of the skin. As this was on sale in Australia's Priceline so I decided to give it a go. The instructions say to use 2-3 drops on moist skin. I cannot stress the moist skin part because it helps the oil spread and absorb into the skin more quickly. It's imperative to note that I have combination skin which is leaning on the dry side due to the Australian winter and this has not caused excess oil on my skin nor has it caused me to breakout. I have noticed a few of my acne scars have faded with nightly use, which is quite impressive. I have one issue with this product and that is the smell. It reminds me of fish oil or something like that but it quickly disappears. For such an inexpensive, low maintenance product, I can look pass the smell and whole-heartedly recommend this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has become one of my daily night-time essentials! Like all other facial oils, this Sukin rosehip oil needs to be applied on damp skin for it to be fully absorbed. I find Avene's thermal water spray to work well with this oil.

I have occasional acne (especially before my menses) and also have some marks left behind from previous outbreaks. Sukin rosehip oil has since helped my skin alot in terms of getting rid of the scars and preventing any outbreaks. Super love this!

on 12/15/2015 3:06:00 AM

I really like this! It is best to put a few drops on damp skin after cleansing, so it spreads nice and easily. It has helped fade red marks and hasn't broken me out!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was so worried this would break me out considering I have sensitive, acne prone skin. I have been using it for about a month now and all I can say is that this is better than a serum. On top of having hormonal acne prone skin, I have acne scars PIH and the beginnings of fine lines, and I'm not even 30 yet. I use about 2-3 drops on a clean face every night and rub in small circles all over my face including under my eyes. This product does not irritate my eyes but everyone is different so always test first. I let it soak in for a few minutes then put my moisturiser on top. When I wake up my face is soft, supple and my angry red pimples and PIH are not as noticeable. I have noticed this has helped decrease the appearance of some of my fine lines, but they could have been there from dry skin so I don't know. It is pretty pricey but a little goes an extremely long way and you can refrigerate it to extend the shelf life. Some people complain about the smell but I like it. It smells just like Orange Pekoe tea and that is my favourite tea to drink! I highly recommend this oil and I love that it is natural too!