Cover Girl Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation

Cover Girl Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation

3.7

Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Acetyl Glucosamine, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, PEG 100 Stearate, May Contain:, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/8/2017 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I never thought I'd find an HG foundation at the drug store, but I think it may have happened. I wrote off drug store foundation over 10 years ago because nothing I used looked the way I wanted to. Either the coverage sucked, the colour sucked, it didn't stay on, it wore weird, it looked weird, or a combination of all of those things. I just started assuming that high end meant better and didn't look back. And I have found a couple really great high end foundations that I love, but I don't like the $50+ price tag.

I actually ended up trying this because I ran out of my normal foundation and had to borrow my sister's and this is what she uses. The first time I used it, I was impressed and now after having finished a bottle of my own, I'm more impressed.

Pros:
-very forgiving and easy to blend. I don't have to spend a ton of time blending and layering to make it look good. I slap it on my face for 60 seconds with a beauty blender and I'm good.

-Perfect finish for me. Matte finishes make me look like cardboard and dewy finished make me look like a deep fryer, so this satin finish is great.

-Perfect coverage for me. This sits about a medium-high medium coverage, so it will cover most non-major skin concerns.

-Colour works well for me (hello lightest colour in every foundation ever made). I do find it gets a tiny bit darker after a few hours, but maybe a third of a shade, so I'm probably the only one that notices. I definitely don't turn orange, which used to be a huge problem for me with drug store foundations. Because it is a drug store product, the shade range does leave some to be desired, especially on the darker end of the spectrum and on the super fair end of the spectrum, so this is unfortunately not a product that has a colour to fit everyone.

-Wear on me is great. My foundation looks almost the same after 12 hours as it did when I apply it. I'm not shiny, not patchy, nothing has slid and it doesn't look worn.

-I get almost identical performance with and without primer. I get up between 3-4am for work, so there have been times where I simply forget to prime my face because I'm exhausted. I didn't notice a difference in wear between having primer and not having it, which is great because now I can save my $50 primer for the foundations that actually need it.

-Price is pretty good. At $17, it still seems a little on the higher end for drug store options, but for me, it would be worth it if it cost twice that much and I have many foundations that work way worse and cost much more.

Cons:
-I do have to use more of this for each application than I do with other foundations (I usually use 2 pumps, give or take a tad), but because of the lower price point, it's not a huge issue. And even though I do use more to get the look I want, I still don't end up looking cakey.

-Colour selection could definitely be improved, which is something that's an issue with most drug store brands.

-I didn't notice it actually doing anything for any of my fine lines, so if that's what you're buying it for, you may find yourself disappointed. However, I also didn't find it accentuated any lines, so at worst, it's ineffective when it comes to actually doing anything for lines or wrinkles.

on 7/18/2017 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Now that I've nearly finished this bottle and have repurchased, I feel I can give my review of this.

My skin is oily, but aging. I expected this to slide right off my face. It doesn't. It does get oily ( everything does), I just blot it and it looks great! Doesn't break up, even after long wear. It does oxidize a bit, but I'm not an Oompah Loompah.

I apply this to lightly powdered skin(no primer) with a Real Techniques sponge. Coverage is medium and no cake face. I like the pump and the white swirl look of it.

I don't know what the 3 in 1 is. Do you?

on 6/5/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Because I'm Black, I have a limited supply of makeup I can try. I can either look Golden (which is perfect for winter) or very red. I found this by chance at a Pick N'save after they put it as discontinued. I took a chance because it was half off and if Twany 165 didn't work for me, it was only $3.50.
I put it on my skin and WOW! For me, it oxidizes to the point it looks like my actual skin color. I don't look dead in the face and I could wear it almost everyday. I like the pump idea as I'm able to get almost all of the product out. I've had a lot of foundations in the past that doesn't come to a pump so I've had to containment the entire body by sticking a q-tip or whatever I could to get the remainder out.
I will tell you that when you're applying it, a little does go a long way. It did smell like sunscreen to me when I first applied it. Other than that, I like this a lot and it's one of my favorite foundations next to Kat Von D's Lock it Tattoo Foundation.

on 5/9/2017 9:48:00 PM

Went on very smoothly, but a little too orangey-pink and did not cover well.

on 10/5/2016 10:32:00 AM

I really like that this is a dual purpose foundation that tones my face while also providing coverage of it at the same time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Olay products, so had to give this a try. It is now my favorite foundation and I've tried them all, including the expensive brands. Good, even coverage, no flakiness. It has a very creamy consistency and I do feel like my face is getting moisturized while wearing it. I've never been a huge Cover Girl fan but this is now my go-to foundation for daily wear. I also like the dispenser -- you get every single drop out of the bottle and you don't have to wrestle the top off to get the last few applications out of the bottle.

I first tried this foundation in a sample pack from Covergirl and Olay :) If anyone's interested you can still get these samples to try it out first! http://www.freebiehunter.org/covergirl-olay-liquid-foundation-sample

on 4/10/2016 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for over a year now and like it a lot!! I use #157 golden tan. This is pretty lightweight on me,goes on smooth and evens out my skin tone. This on me gives medium coverage and I have no complaints about it. this will always be a repeat buy for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love that this is in a pump but the products itself.....for one you dont need a lot of product, only a small amount, otherwise you will be rubbing it in for 20 minutes. its very thick, almost the consistency of moisturizer. i dont find it actually ever sets, it sort of just sits on the face, which i hate. i think very dry skin would really like this product.

I found this to be very rich (too rich for my combo skin) and it oxidizes pretty badly. Also, the lightest shade is too dark for me. I don't feel the quality is good, for the price.

on 6/4/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this when it was OK! To hve a slight shine to your makeup, I still use it and seal it with sheer cover loose powder.