Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

4.2

on 3/4/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. I have very porous hair so even permanent dyes fade within a short period of time, so I prefer sticking to non-permanent ones as I find they last just as long as permanents on me! I use this in the shade 'Dark Brown' which leaves my hair a lovely rich, deep brown colour. Most dark browns leave my hair jet black but this doesn't...just a very dark brown. This shade is meant to be a neutral one so I don't really get much redness or brassiness under light. I also like how the colour applies evenly and doesn't leave any patchiness. The conditioner smells really good and leaves my hair very shiny and soft after using. The dye doesn't smell overpowering at all and the developing time is only 15 minutes. Very easy to wash off the dye too, it rinses out quickly. Another plus point is that it's relatively cheap too! However, I need 2 packs to do my hair as my hair is long.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this product to cover up the grey in my very dark brown hair. I used the shade 'Dark Brown'. It's very easy to use - not messy, not too stinky. Slight tingling on my scalp which made me paranoid that I was going to be one of those people who have a terrible allergic reaction because, of course, I didn't do the skin test. (Well done to those who do.) Anyway, nothing worse than that happened.

As I'd hoped, the dye didn't actually change the colour of my non-grey hair, and the grey coverage was... OK. You can still see that I have grey hair, but it's not as bright white - some has disappeared, and the rest is definitely blended down to an unobtrusive silvery brown. Hair feels a little courser than before, nothing too dramatic, and the colour is nice and shiny. I needed scissors to open the sachet of conditioner, so keep some near the shower. (I have a duff hand, so others might have found it easier.)

Overall it's fine but not amazing. I think I will go back to the salon to have it done next time I need to, but it's OK for when I'm feeling broke or don't have time to go to the hairdresser.

EDIT: It faded pretty fast. I used Casting Creme Gloss next time, and got better results. I would not now buy this product again.

on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had my naturally dark blond hair professionally colored to a near black. Within a couple of weeks my color had faded significantly, I picked up a box of the Nice "n Easy Non Permanent Colour in Black and was really pleased with the results. The color covered well and is very natural looking. My hair felt healthy and glossy afterwards. However, this doesn't shampoo out in 28 shampoos. Other than my roots, my hair is as dark as the day I colored it. That's okay by me, but if you're looking for a true non-permanent hair color look elsewhere.

on 2/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

I used this dye on my fine, reddish hair. I used the colour darkest brown and it turned out EXACTLY like the colour on the front of the box which i as soo surprised to see. it lasted along time and just faded away to a lighter shade of brown with a tiny hint of red (only because i had dyed my hair really red previously). I would definetly recommend this to someone who is experimenting with their hair because its non-permanent so it wont do much damage to your hair and scalp.

The smell wasn't bad at all because the colourant has no ammonia in it.
The product was easy enough to apply (but very messy so watch out!)

on 12/21/2011 9:26:00 AM

I bought Clairol Nice 'n' Easy Non-Permanent colour in shade 78 - Medium Golden Brown. The packaging advises that it's a demi (non) permanent colour that lasts up to 24 washes, so there's no ammonia. I've never tried this particular brand of non-permanent colour before, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Quick background - I'm a natural redhead who's been blonde for the past 6 years and recently decided to go a dark golden/chocolate brown shade which i got done professionally. Permanent colours fade terribly on my hair which is fine but I have lots of it, so I often 'spruce' up the colour in between expensive hairdresser colourings by using a demi or semi permanent.

I think I've found my new favourite! You're supposed to leave it on for 15 minutes but speaking from sore past experience of hair colouring over the last 20 years, I only left it on for 7-8 mins. Any longer and my hair would have gone dark brown/black. I find that if you have pre-coloured hair, never to leave a 24-wash semi permanent on for the full time as it generally goes much darker than the colour described and illustrated on the box. If you had natural undyed hair then leave it on for the full duration.
Anyway, my hair is soooo shiny! You only get a sachet of conditioner, so I used the lot and it's made my hair so soft - it's never looked in better condition. Now I've found the perfect dye/formula/colour, sods law I'll forget which shade I bought unless I consult this review again! :-)