Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

2.7

Me: home colourist with over 20 years of colouring my dark brown hair which has been greying since my mid 20s, currently approx. 20% grey. Current regime: Recital Superior Preference (any dark brown shade eg. Paris, Brasilia) once every 6/8 weeks followed by semi-permanent touch-ups in-between. After following the instructions and leaving the Dark Brown Nice n' Easy (24 washes) semi-permanent colour on for 15 minutes, my hair was a gorgeous, glossy rich darkest brown. The conditioner is top notch and smells lovely. I was really impressed. However, I need to wash my hair most days and after washing the day after colouring, the colour was not quite as rich and a few greys I couldn't see the day before were already showing. So, all in all comparable with Casting in terms of colour, shine, condition and how long it'll last but a lot cheaper (I found it for 2.99 in Savers - UK). But because I'm so pleased with the condition and the fact it only takes 15 minutes, is applied to dry hair (so no need to wet hair first) and is the least messy dye I have ever used, I have already decided to switch over to this for my semi-permanent touch-ups. UPDATE: as predicted, it lasted about 7 or 8 washes before all my greys were showing. Still using it as happy overall. UPDATE: the more I use this hair colour in between my permanent touch-ups, the more I love it - I strayed with Clairol Root Touch-up which was a disaster, and Nice n' Easy (8 washes) which after a whole-head application just washes down the drain within a couple of days (tip: apply just to regrowth every 2 days leaving on for the full recommended time of 25-30 mins - a PITA but if you've just used a colour remover it's vital to use this type of non-peroxide colour for a couple of weeks before colouring again with anything else). Just one box of the Nice n' Easy (24 washes) gives me two generous root touch-ups and gives my hair the most gorgeous dark brown shade with lots of shine. Leaving it on 20 mins instead of 15 makes it stay on a day or two longer too. It's just a shame it fades so quickly on me. A non-sulphate shampoo makes a little difference too. I will keep using it in tandem with the Recital but I'm on the lookout for an impressive colour-depositing shampoo or conditioner to use between colourings. Grey hair is a b***** pain in the ****!

on 11/30/2012 3:05:00 PM

I have used Nice 'n Easy Permanent coloring in light neutral brown with excellent results. I have an important function to attend tomorrow evening, and I was in between colorings. I wanted to just brighten up my hair, so I thought I'd try this NON-permanent version in light brown. OMG! Never again! I don't know what I'm going to do for tomorrow's function. My hair looks HORRIBLE! The regular permanent Nice 'n Easy comes out light brown, as it's supposed to. This awful stuff made my hair brassy light red. I thought without peroxide it couldn't lighten your hair, but this one did! It looks like the hair you used to see on dolls when you were a kid. Strawlike, very fake looking red. Since it's supposed to last through 28 shampoos, I'm tempted to wash my hair 28 times before tomorrow! How can one company's products be so different from each other? I have never used a worse hair coloring. I sure hope it doesn't last for 28 shampoos.

on 6/17/2012 8:55:00 PM

Maybe I have weird hair, but I found this product left my hair feeling like straw for days afterward, even with using the full amount of the deep conditioner. This also causes my scalp to tingle a bit, but my skin is super sensitive. The color did last about a month. The product applies well, is a bit messy, and smells bad.

I used light ash brown, which was my most successful attempt at getting a brown with no red. My hair had no red before I colored it, but since I've been coloring every color I've tried seems to make my hair at least a little reddish.

I've only been coloring my hair for about a year, and I've only used demi-permanents (28 shampoos). My hair is of medium thickness with a somewhat fine texture, and is a bit wavy.

Popular Hair Color Products