Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

Filtered by hair type : Curly
No Image

2.5

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This made hardly any difference to my hair. I have thick hair, almost shoulder length, so had to use two bottles just to get the whole root area covered. The gloves included are the cheap useless baggy kind, so I used my own vinyl disposables. I have light brown/dark blonde hair coloured a couple of shades darker, the roots coming through have some strong white hairs showing especially at the hairline and temples. So first I tried the 8 washes in light ash brown - zero difference. The instructions advised using a semi-permanent if this was the case, for stubborn grays. So I tried the 24 washes in light ash brown. Made my scalp itch. The conditioner was effective but really difficult to wash out properly, my hair felt very flat afterwards. Colour wise there was hardly any difference. There was a slight staining of the whites in my parting, so they did blend in - but the whites at my hairline are still noticeable, I suppose they are just less bright. Overall the light ash brown colour didn't change my natural hair colour at the roots, and it still looks quite light and golden rather than ash. Wish I'd just gone to the salon instead.

on 3/4/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. I have very porous hair so even permanent dyes fade within a short period of time, so I prefer sticking to non-permanent ones as I find they last just as long as permanents on me! I use this in the shade 'Dark Brown' which leaves my hair a lovely rich, deep brown colour. Most dark browns leave my hair jet black but this doesn't...just a very dark brown. This shade is meant to be a neutral one so I don't really get much redness or brassiness under light. I also like how the colour applies evenly and doesn't leave any patchiness. The conditioner smells really good and leaves my hair very shiny and soft after using. The dye doesn't smell overpowering at all and the developing time is only 15 minutes. Very easy to wash off the dye too, it rinses out quickly. Another plus point is that it's relatively cheap too! However, I need 2 packs to do my hair as my hair is long.

Popular Hair Color Products