Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Reviewing Lightest Golden Brown. I've had highlights put on my hair for the last few years and it's become very dry and damaged. I had been growing it out but got fed up with the light ends and darker roots. I bought this to try and blend it together. Some reading said I had to add golden tones to avoid turning the highlights green. This colour has worked quite well. I'm quite surprised. It's a little too red for me but I can live with that. Will use again.

Edit: after a few days my hair has taken on a reddish tinge. I may put another colour over the top, a darker shade and hopefully the red will cancel out the green.

Edit 2: This came out of my hair really quickly, I wonder if its because my hair is curly and bleached? Anyway I decided to put another colour on top, 91 Dark Blonde. My hair now has a rather fetching green/grey tinge to it. And now I am looking for something to remove it. Lesson learned, I will leave colouring to the professionals.

on 5/10/2014 2:39:00 PM

First of all I have to say I was surprised of how non-damaging the die was. After applying it to my hair it feels soft and healthy with no visible damage, so in that regard I would give the die perfect rating. Other benefits of this hair die is that it does not contain amonia so the smell is not unpleasant at all.

The reason I bought this die is that a few months ago i decided to get some lighlights done in my hair and it looked lovely, however now you can see my roots coming out and i wanted to cover them up (or at least make them blend in with my natural hair colour a little more). I have light brown hair (almost dark blond int he summer). I picked the dark blonde (91) colour as i thought the picture ont he box looked very similar to my natural hair colour. Well the result looks nothing like the colour on the box!! My hair is darker than ever with a visible red undertone. I have to say that the colour is still very nice and even and the die did an excellent job covering my hihglights but be ware that the colour is a lot darker than the colour on the box! I left it for exactly 15 minutes as it says on the box too so it is not a matter of leaving the colour to long.

So to sum up this is a really good, hair frinedly hair die but make sure you go with a shade lighter than what you want your hair to look like! Other than that the results are nice and even colour and healthy undamaged hair.

on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had my naturally dark blond hair professionally colored to a near black. Within a couple of weeks my color had faded significantly, I picked up a box of the Nice "n Easy Non Permanent Colour in Black and was really pleased with the results. The color covered well and is very natural looking. My hair felt healthy and glossy afterwards. However, this doesn't shampoo out in 28 shampoos. Other than my roots, my hair is as dark as the day I colored it. That's okay by me, but if you're looking for a true non-permanent hair color look elsewhere.

on 6/17/2012 8:55:00 PM

Maybe I have weird hair, but I found this product left my hair feeling like straw for days afterward, even with using the full amount of the deep conditioner. This also causes my scalp to tingle a bit, but my skin is super sensitive. The color did last about a month. The product applies well, is a bit messy, and smells bad.

I used light ash brown, which was my most successful attempt at getting a brown with no red. My hair had no red before I colored it, but since I've been coloring every color I've tried seems to make my hair at least a little reddish.

I've only been coloring my hair for about a year, and I've only used demi-permanents (28 shampoos). My hair is of medium thickness with a somewhat fine texture, and is a bit wavy.

on 2/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

I used this dye on my fine, reddish hair. I used the colour darkest brown and it turned out EXACTLY like the colour on the front of the box which i as soo surprised to see. it lasted along time and just faded away to a lighter shade of brown with a tiny hint of red (only because i had dyed my hair really red previously). I would definetly recommend this to someone who is experimenting with their hair because its non-permanent so it wont do much damage to your hair and scalp.

The smell wasn't bad at all because the colourant has no ammonia in it.
The product was easy enough to apply (but very messy so watch out!)

Popular Hair Color Products