Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Reviewing Lightest Golden Brown. I've had highlights put on my hair for the last few years and it's become very dry and damaged. I had been growing it out but got fed up with the light ends and darker roots. I bought this to try and blend it together. Some reading said I had to add golden tones to avoid turning the highlights green. This colour has worked quite well. I'm quite surprised. It's a little too red for me but I can live with that. Will use again.

Edit: after a few days my hair has taken on a reddish tinge. I may put another colour over the top, a darker shade and hopefully the red will cancel out the green.

Edit 2: This came out of my hair really quickly, I wonder if its because my hair is curly and bleached? Anyway I decided to put another colour on top, 91 Dark Blonde. My hair now has a rather fetching green/grey tinge to it. And now I am looking for something to remove it. Lesson learned, I will leave colouring to the professionals.

on 2/3/2013 9:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Hi, THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE TEMPORARY 8 WASHES (formally called 'Loving Care' by Clairol)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love nice n easy. In the past i have used the semi-permanent and the permanent by this brand. Nowadays i value my hair condition as top priority after the traumatic accident where i damaged my hair quite some time ago now and had to have what was left of it cut off. It left me devastated i wouldnt go out. It made me train to become a hairdresser and i am now almost fully qualified so something good came out of it.

Ok ..
I love the shine that this brand gives and product consistency and multi-tones more than ANY other brand. This i believe from memory is the first time that i have used the "8 washes" temporary colour but the colours are the same. Firstly -I have medium auburn brown hair from applying a very mild bleach for a few minutes on my naturally dark Chestnut brown hair that i was born with. This gives my hair that slightly sunkissed look. I brought the Clairol temporary colour in NATURAL MEDIUM BROWN -no:765. What i wanted to do was just simply give my hair a little colour gloss but not really change my color that much. Unfortunatly it went to almost black so i would recommend just like all the other types of Clairol hair colour permanent and non permenant - JUST GET A SHADE LIGHTER THAN WHAT YOU WANT AND LEAVE IT ON LONGER THAN IT STATES (an hour perhaps) AND THE RESULT WILL BE CORRECT AND RICH/LONGLASTING. I have a nice glossy shine to my hair after using this temporary colour but it is too dark for my present taste and that changes like the wind ..lol I am just glad that it is only for up to 8 washes :) Not too much of a disaster there so im happy, feels lovely and silky tho :) X much love & always be carefull with your hair go for temporary before taking the plunge to permanent and if still unsure GO TO A PRO better to be safe than sorry X

on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had my naturally dark blond hair professionally colored to a near black. Within a couple of weeks my color had faded significantly, I picked up a box of the Nice "n Easy Non Permanent Colour in Black and was really pleased with the results. The color covered well and is very natural looking. My hair felt healthy and glossy afterwards. However, this doesn't shampoo out in 28 shampoos. Other than my roots, my hair is as dark as the day I colored it. That's okay by me, but if you're looking for a true non-permanent hair color look elsewhere.

on 6/17/2012 8:55:00 PM

Maybe I have weird hair, but I found this product left my hair feeling like straw for days afterward, even with using the full amount of the deep conditioner. This also causes my scalp to tingle a bit, but my skin is super sensitive. The color did last about a month. The product applies well, is a bit messy, and smells bad.

I used light ash brown, which was my most successful attempt at getting a brown with no red. My hair had no red before I colored it, but since I've been coloring every color I've tried seems to make my hair at least a little reddish.

I've only been coloring my hair for about a year, and I've only used demi-permanents (28 shampoos). My hair is of medium thickness with a somewhat fine texture, and is a bit wavy.