Clairol Nice 'n Easy Non Permanent Colour

No Image

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got the Black, and was easy to apply and I like the colour result. I got a deep, even, glossy black and the condition of my hair afterwards was fine.

However, that was in October and it's now May and the colour has only faded the tiniest bit. My roots are their natural colour because they've grown out, but the lengths of my hair are still nearly as black as the day I dyed them. I've tried to strip the colour out using hair colour remover from two different brands to no avail.

If you truly want only semi-permanent hair colour, that will fade out within a few months, this might not be the one to get.

N.B. My natural colour is a light to medium brown.

on 5/10/2014 2:39:00 PM

First of all I have to say I was surprised of how non-damaging the die was. After applying it to my hair it feels soft and healthy with no visible damage, so in that regard I would give the die perfect rating. Other benefits of this hair die is that it does not contain amonia so the smell is not unpleasant at all.

The reason I bought this die is that a few months ago i decided to get some lighlights done in my hair and it looked lovely, however now you can see my roots coming out and i wanted to cover them up (or at least make them blend in with my natural hair colour a little more). I have light brown hair (almost dark blond int he summer). I picked the dark blonde (91) colour as i thought the picture ont he box looked very similar to my natural hair colour. Well the result looks nothing like the colour on the box!! My hair is darker than ever with a visible red undertone. I have to say that the colour is still very nice and even and the die did an excellent job covering my hihglights but be ware that the colour is a lot darker than the colour on the box! I left it for exactly 15 minutes as it says on the box too so it is not a matter of leaving the colour to long.

So to sum up this is a really good, hair frinedly hair die but make sure you go with a shade lighter than what you want your hair to look like! Other than that the results are nice and even colour and healthy undamaged hair.

on 3/4/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. I have very porous hair so even permanent dyes fade within a short period of time, so I prefer sticking to non-permanent ones as I find they last just as long as permanents on me! I use this in the shade 'Dark Brown' which leaves my hair a lovely rich, deep brown colour. Most dark browns leave my hair jet black but this doesn't...just a very dark brown. This shade is meant to be a neutral one so I don't really get much redness or brassiness under light. I also like how the colour applies evenly and doesn't leave any patchiness. The conditioner smells really good and leaves my hair very shiny and soft after using. The dye doesn't smell overpowering at all and the developing time is only 15 minutes. Very easy to wash off the dye too, it rinses out quickly. Another plus point is that it's relatively cheap too! However, I need 2 packs to do my hair as my hair is long.