Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this! The colors in this palette are really gorgeous, but unfortunately there's little to no pigmentation from any of the shades. Even when used wet and with a good primer, I hardly get anything to show up on my NC30 skin. The shadows are also a little chalky in my opinion, and don't blend very well. Definitely a dud! The packaging is super cute, and I love the little lace on the outside but the shadows inside really don't do much for me. The strips are also pretty narrow, especially the eyeliner shades, which can make application a little tricky. I also wasn't a big fan of having all shimmery shadows in this palette. Guess I should have expected that with a name of shimmer strips, but one or two matte shades would have been nice. Physician's Formula is a pricier drugstore brand, but for $13 I expect a little more than this. I'm going to return this, so I definitely would not repurchase this palette.

on 11/26/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first when I bought this palette, I didn't think much of it. Except that, it was inexpensive, packaged nicely and that it's 'customized' for brown eyes. I have Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2, but I don't really use it because I don't know really how to use it with all the different shades.

After about a month of the Physician palette lying around in my room, I decided to start using it. After about 2 months of using the palette, starting from just using the white shade to highlight, I expanded to doing a lot more with this palette in such a short time span, compared to my Naked 2 palette which I've used scarcely but had a lot longer.

As someone practical and trying to maximize what I have, I started to use the dark brown shade to fill in my brows until I dyed my hair black so I use the black shade. I then began to use the more of the other shades to bring more colour to my lids, more of the 'pinkish' colours than the grays, though.

I have medium coloured skin, but I /think/ it's because the shades are shimmery that it made the colour popped on my skin even more. I also have oily lids and I was happily surprised that during the end of the day, the colour still stuck on (I apply makeup around 10am and take it off around 9-10pm). It's also a plus that the shades still stick on even without a eye primer which I've never used before.

Sure, the shades are sheer but I highly recommend this palette to whoever wants to start using eyeshadow regardless, as the sheerness can help if you just want to have a subtle shade of colour to your eyes.

on 6/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

Bad pigmentation, not worth the money

on 10/10/2013 10:56:00 AM

This stuff is terrible. I bought it thinking it'd be a good shadow because of the brand, price, and packaging. I was so wrong. First off, the applicator it comes with is stiff and useless. Also, you can't build up color with the shadow. It really is NUDE. You can barely see it. Within a few hours, the shadow is either creased, completely gone or running all over the place. I would not recommend anyone buying this.

So much disappointment! The packaging is super cute and feminine but the the product inside sucks! I'm not particularly dark, around nc20-25, and all the lighter "lid" shades ended up looking the same shimmery chalky light beige on me. the highlight shades all blended into this shimmery powdery white, and its totally not flattering at all. the 2 darkest colors were OK, pigmented but chalky. WNW has way better quality shadows for much less. I got the classic nude palette and ended up returning it.

I had made a YouTube video reviewing this palette if you want to see a better visual of how this palette is.

To just keep it simple and sweet, I love this palette because it's compact, pigmented, and easy to blend.
I swear to you, go to Sephora and swatch some of the Urban Decay eyeshadows. THEN go to a local drugstore and swatch these Physicians Formula eyeshadows. When you put those swatches together, you can't even tell which product is high end and which isn't. The quality of these Physicians formula shimmer strips is amazing, it's a very soft texture making it easy to blend. Also, it's very pigmented and there is no fall out when applying it to your lids.

Another reason I like this palette because it has the must needed colors that every girl needs in a palette, which is a shimmery lid color, a matte black, and a dark brown.

All in all, it is very much worth the money!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm a college student that dreams of obtaining the UD's Naked palettes without paying the high prices lol. So long story short, all the PF's products were at 50% discount in CVS, and I saw this gorgeous nude colors that reminded me of UDNP's in their cute packaging and couldn't help myself and bought it for $6.
They are shimmery and beautiful, but the color payoff is not the best. They don't have pigmentation as much as they have brightness. I love highlighting colors so I don't complain much about it, since the combinations look lovely for my hazel eyes. They glide like cream based shadows, effortlessly.
The array of colors is not the best, for the strips are very small and close to one another. You have to be careful with application to prevent mixing them together.
Overall I really like this product, I think it's decent and it works for me beautifully when I apply a primer beforehand. In the end, it's all a matter of taste and what works for you.
Since I am on a tight budget I can't really compare it to higher end similar eyeshadows but if you are picky with pigmentation go look for a product that has better quality and applies darker on the lids. (Would not recommed buying this for full price!) Good luck!

on 4/23/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm from Australia and Physicians Forumla products are around $25 full priced, but i got mine on sale for around $15 which was a pretty good deal here. The pigmentation isn't amazing, but the colours are absolutely amazing when matched well! Don't look at the color combinations at the back because they're useless. Match according to your own preferences.

Packaging is magnetic and has cute lacing detailing, but not much product considering the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a nursing student on a budget and dont want to spend $50 bucks on the Naked palettes so I picked this up as an alternative and I must say that I love this pallet. Its small, easy to use, fits into my makeup bag and purse, stays on all day, love the applicator, the palette is cute and it has all of the right nudes that I need. The only downfall is the palette doesnt have a clip to keep it closed and may open other than that, I would def buy again and still gets 5 stars

I really do love the packaging of this product.. I am a little disappointed in the pigmentation.. I would keep this product in my collection but if it ever ran out I would not buy it again.. I don't think that this would run out seeing as I don't think i'd use it as much.