Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

on 12/12/2015 9:36:00 PM

So bad. I finally threw this out the other day after having it sit unused in my makeup graveyard for far too long...wanted to love it but zero pigment. Oh PF...why must you always disappoint me and why do I keep giving you more chances???

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On my NC42 skin:
I don't find this as bad as some have reviewed. True it's not that pigmented and it's no way a dupe for any of the Naked palettes. Put on plain as it, it only shows as shimmer on me. I was able to improve it by mixing some cream highlighter with a primer and applying that to my lids before brushing on the shadows. I did have to do at least two layers but it works. I like the colors and they were easy to blend.

The packaging is cute but it seems to flimsy to carry around in your purse because the magnetic latch is so weak. The strips are tiny so you can,t use fluffy shadow brushes. I used smaller angles shadow brushes and it worked perfectly. I didn't smear the colors together.

I think this is a perfect palette for lighter girls. If you're darker like me, be prepared to use lightened primer and layer. I'm ok with it since I was able to buy it buy one get one free and it's perfect for that casual bronze shimmer look. Still, I won't be repurchasing.

This palette is exactly what I was looking for! This palette will give you a very soft, shimmery look that is perfect for casual days when you don't need a full-on smoky eye. There are a few downsides with it that have already been mentioned here, but overall I think it's a very good product! Plus, have you seen the packaging??? I'd buy it again for that alone.

on 9/9/2014 6:21:00 PM

i mostly bought this product cause the packaging is super cute, also i like the fact that its organic makeup. but before i put it on i read the reviews for it and most girls said that they didn't like it & that it could hardly show up on their skin. so i decided to put it to the test for myself and i think the eyeshadow works great, this is my new favourite eyeshadow! but i do have to wear a primer underneath it. i love it cause it doesn't create a really heavy look, its great for a soft smokey eye which i love, its great for day time too, and the colors are really pretty. i think its a total score :)

on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM

I was an avid user of the original baked trio, which I still reminisce about. I went to the store to try and pick another one up but for some reason I can't find it anywhere...I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if I just can't get it in my area anymore. So I decided to try this on a whim because the trio made me so ridiculously happy. Mistake. I use a lot of PF products, because generally I think they make excellent products for a decent price that is in between drug store price and prestige price. I had seen this a few times and thought about trying it so I finally decided to give it a go and almost immediately regretted it. I hate, hate, HATE that there is zero division between the strips. That is so obnoxious. And the strips are so tiny that it's hard to get the brush in there and get a decent amount of the pigment that you are aiming for. Once you finally get a substantial amount of product on the brush, it looks like crap once you get it on your eye. Bad, bad, bad pigmentation and not rich in color at all. This is not the worse eye shadow I have ever used (I'm a general hater of everything CoverGirl-by far the worst products out there as far as I'm concerned..only saving grace is the lash blast which is okay), so that's why I left a few lippies on. But I will not be using this palette up and it will lay at the bottom of my makeup bin until I decide to do something with it.

on 8/25/2014 3:02:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand the outer packaging is lovely (I love the lace) and the colors showed up fine on me with primer (I always use primer, so I don't know what they would look like without it). However, I HATE the fact that there is no division between the strips. It's basically impossible to get just one color on the brush. I got this at Ulta for 40% off so I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. If they would just make it so the strips don't spill into each other I think it would be great.

on 6/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

Bad pigmentation, not worth the money

on 5/31/2014 11:05:00 AM

This is the first time I ever returned makeup. Awful pigmentation!! I couldn't see the eyeshadow when I applied it! I tried every primer I owned... It wouldn't show up at all. Don't waste your money on this pallet!!

on 4/12/2014 9:44:00 PM

Pros:
- this is like a mini-version of the Naked palette
-- they both have the same concept

Cons:
- they crease after a few hours
-- even with primer
-- for reference, I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids
- there are no matte shades
-- there are only metallic/shimmer shades

I might have would this well only if I didn't have hooded eyelids. MIGHT. I would only use this palette for highlighting (eyeshadow wise). The creasing become more obvious with the darker colors.

the packaging is okay ,but really you're not getting much of each color. none of the colors really stuck that well. Even when I use a primer before hand it didn't stick or stay very dark. It creased pretty badly. I was very disappointed in this product . I have it in the nude and also in a purple. neither one really satisfied.