Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.5

on 4/23/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't let the cute packaging fool you this palette is dreadful!!!! The colors have absolutely no pigment whatsoever and don't show up at all!!! These colors are so sheer to the point that they are practically invisible and even with a good base they still don't show up! In fact they are so sheer and colorless that all the colors end up looking identical, even the darker ones, absolutely no color payoff at all! I have 99 cent palettes that are waaaayyyy more pigmented then this one and this Physicians Formula palette was rather pricey for a drug store palette. Needless to say I am very disappointed!!! I will not be repurchasing this nor would i recommend it to anyone! Don't waste your money!!! The only silver lining to this is I bought this at Rite Aid and they let you return makeup so you best believe this one is getting returned!!!!

on 10/10/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this, but sadly I won't be repurchasing. :(

Staying power is really bad. I wore the bottom colours one day (the dark brown and black) and they faded a lot, it wasn't even noticeable an hour or two later. Too bad, because I liked the way it looked when I first put it on. The black was too sheer for my taste, but it was buildable, so if you don't mind working on your makeup a little longer, it can look pretty good. Also, I like the texture of the shadows, very soft.

Also, I don't like the way it's set up. All the colours share a single pan and they're all cut unevenly. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else, but the third shadow from the top in mine is really thin compared to the ones around it. This makes it hard to pick up JUST that shadow because my brush ends up picking up the colours around it if I'm not careful. I would like it a lot more if the palette was just a BIT bigger and had some separation between the colours.

Packaging is super cute and the lid is magnetized, but it is very weak. I feel like if you put this in your purse it would get knocked open easily.

The sponge applicator is useless, but I didn't dock any lippies for that since I find that most applicators that come with eyeshadows are useless anyway.

Overall, this is a nice idea but too bad it was not executed very well.

So much disappointment! The packaging is super cute and feminine but the the product inside sucks! I'm not particularly dark, around nc20-25, and all the lighter "lid" shades ended up looking the same shimmery chalky light beige on me. the highlight shades all blended into this shimmery powdery white, and its totally not flattering at all. the 2 darkest colors were OK, pigmented but chalky. WNW has way better quality shadows for much less. I got the classic nude palette and ended up returning it.

on 7/22/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes!
The packaging is amazing. It comes in a cute lacy box that looks dainty but is actually very durable. I travel with it constantly and it has stayed intact.
I really like the eyeshadow colors because you can easily use a few shades to make different looks, or you can sweep one color over your lids and it still looks pretty! They are shimmery colors, so if you don't like that, this isn't the palette for you. The shadows aren't super pigmented though, but I like that because I go for a more natural look. The colors range from light highlighter colors to a dark brown and black. Overall, it's great, especially for someone who is on the go a lot, because you can create so many looks with the range of colors.
I've noticed that a lot of colors are similar to those in the Naked palettes, but this one is cheaper, has prettier packaging, and is smaller and more travel friendly. I can't live without it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a nursing student on a budget and dont want to spend $50 bucks on the Naked palettes so I picked this up as an alternative and I must say that I love this pallet. Its small, easy to use, fits into my makeup bag and purse, stays on all day, love the applicator, the palette is cute and it has all of the right nudes that I need. The only downfall is the palette doesnt have a clip to keep it closed and may open other than that, I would def buy again and still gets 5 stars

on 6/24/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with the adorable packaging, its like sexy fishnet lingere! Heed warning ladies: i am not an experienced eye makeup person; i only wear mascara. I may not be the best reviewer if you are big into eye makeup and need decent advice. It was on sale at CVS for $6 and a steal i could not resist.
I am in love with the third color from the top. Its a light beige shimmery color and i think it looks so good with just a simple swipe on the eyelids. nothing else. I like this collection because it offers enough variety for a couple different looks. I dont really go out at night but the bottom three colors looks like it would be really smoky and sexy. I am in love with Physicians Formula lately, they sure have stepped up their game with better formulas and awesome packaging. In love!!! I use the second from the last color with the included slant sponge applicator to fill in my brows. Its an all-in-one for my eyes and brows. Love Love Love!!! Back about 10 years ago i tried the loose powders from this brand and found them to be cheap and did not perform well, but since then they really improved and i am so surprised.

on 4/27/2012 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gorgeous!

This palette had beautiful, shimmery but not glittery neutral tones ranging from pretty taupes, a dark brown and black to use as a liner, pale pink and cream highlights, and a beautiful warm beige. I do find them nicely pigmented, so I wonder if the palettes that people claim aren't pigmented were duds.

The 2 reasons I don't give this palette 5 stars is because the only matte shade is the black, I always like to add a matte eyeshadow to my look to give dimention. If one of the taupes was matte, I would give this five stars.
Also: I don't like how small the shimmer strips are: It is hard to pick up one shadow without picking up another.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the eye shadow palette, not the set of three eyeliners. I had been on the search for this palette since reading about it on blogs and MUA. I found it yesterday at CVS, along with the coordinating liner trio. From what I have read online, these WILL be part of the core collection and are NOT limited edition.

It seems like a lot of people online are comparing PF's Nude palette to Urban Decay's Naked palette. I own both. PF Nude is a smaller palette, all the shades are shimmery and neutral to cool. UD's Naked palette is a larger palette with more colors and is warm toned. In my opinion, a better comparison would be PF Nude and Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

The PF Nude palette is not a highly pigmented palette, even over primer. I am very pale, so the shades show up okay on me, but I imagine darker skintones may not have much use for this product. Even though it lacks strong pigmentation, I do like it for an easy, flawless workday look. If I could change anything about it, I would make it more pigmented and less shimmery.