Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

I think I have all of the different variations of the nude pallette, and they are all gorgeous, stay on all day formulas. shadows can be used either wet or dry, I personally enjoy using them wet, as well as setting my eyeliners with these. for about $13 you can 9 shades and the combination of colors and possibilities are endless. the pigment is a little soft is used dry and if you like a soft wash of color, it is good, but used with the applicator sponge dampened, u can get very vibrant look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Physicians Formula makeup! This has such cute packaging and I love the color, the amount of pigment, how it blends, how it lasts, I love this palette! I have 2 other eyeshadow palettes from them but this is my FAVORITE! I would recommend it and its a good dupe for a Naked(:

on 3/24/2015 4:27:00 PM

NUDE PALLET! That should say enuff. This may not be the nude for you. But since it is only like 12$ retail. U may have an acquaintance that has it to barrow. Do I love this pallet? Simple answer yes. Lots of looks to create in one pallet. The only pet peeve is thst the stripes are so small and there are no dividers so the colors will run together if you use a standard fluffy eye brush. (I'd rather do my own blending please). Enjoy the colors that work for you even of the entire pallet is not your style.

on 11/26/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first when I bought this palette, I didn't think much of it. Except that, it was inexpensive, packaged nicely and that it's 'customized' for brown eyes. I have Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2, but I don't really use it because I don't know really how to use it with all the different shades.

After about a month of the Physician palette lying around in my room, I decided to start using it. After about 2 months of using the palette, starting from just using the white shade to highlight, I expanded to doing a lot more with this palette in such a short time span, compared to my Naked 2 palette which I've used scarcely but had a lot longer.

As someone practical and trying to maximize what I have, I started to use the dark brown shade to fill in my brows until I dyed my hair black so I use the black shade. I then began to use the more of the other shades to bring more colour to my lids, more of the 'pinkish' colours than the grays, though.

I have medium coloured skin, but I /think/ it's because the shades are shimmery that it made the colour popped on my skin even more. I also have oily lids and I was happily surprised that during the end of the day, the colour still stuck on (I apply makeup around 10am and take it off around 9-10pm). It's also a plus that the shades still stick on even without a eye primer which I've never used before.

Sure, the shades are sheer but I highly recommend this palette to whoever wants to start using eyeshadow regardless, as the sheerness can help if you just want to have a subtle shade of colour to your eyes.

This is a really great nude palette! I was skeptical at first, but after using it for a bit, it turned out to be quite a great product.
Buying this in a set with two Physicians Formula eyeliners and a mascara duo, I was optimistic about this product. Having never tried Physicians Formula before, I figured that it would be a good product; after all, it's the most expensive drugstore brand, so I was really hoping to get my money's worth out of this palette. This palette came out during the whole nude eye craze (hence the name), so I guess that it was meant to be a competitor with palettes like UD Naked.
This palette contains 9 neutral eyeshadows of assorted shades and tones, ranging from creamy white to black. I'd say about half of the colors are taupe-ish. They are all satin finish, except for the black; the black has very fine shimmer. Imo, these eyeshadows are arranged by twos; a suggested eyelid color and a suggested crease color. And that arrangement actually made good sense! There are two extremes; the off white, a highlight color, and the black, a liner. There is good variety and opportunity to create eye looks that are either light or deeper; there is great potential in this palette.
I didn't really like the way that the eyeshadows were right next to each other; yeah, they're "strips", but it gets tricky accessing them with larger or fluffier brushes. The strips range in width, but are not separated from each other at all. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes, since a bit of adjacent colors can easily get picked up and transferred.
The eyeshadows themselves impressed me a lot. A lot of reviewers here claim that these eyeshadows are very sheer and similar to each other; for me, these eyeshadows were very nicely pigmented and what I saw in the palette is what went onto my eyes. I had no problems with the pigmentation at all, and they stayed beautiful and vibrant all day with primer. I thought that they complemented my dark brown eyes very well.
Their texture is also impeccable; they're extremely smooth and blendable. They effortlessly blend with each other when you use more than one, and they look professionally done. The finish truly is incredible. They're not flaky or chalky, and I saw very little fallout. I wouldn't call these very buildable eyeshadows past a certain extent, but you can go very light or bright.
Staying power, consequently, is also very impressive. With primer, they didn't crease or fade one bit; they stayed flattering all day long.
The packaging, besides the rather faulty eyeshadow layout, is pretty cute. The fishnet tights on the lid and the little bow are adorable! The lid is a flip-top, and has a little magnet to make it stay. The magnet is not the most durable, but it hasn't posed a lot of problems so far. There is a pointy foam applicator, but it doesn't really do anything besides cut grooves in the eyeshadows. It's a great palette for travel and is really small! Overall, it's an amazing palette and I highly recommend it!

on 9/10/2013 4:53:00 PM

I m chinese with single eyelid and i have no definition what so ever......Therefore, it's very difficult for me to find eye shadow palette because any shade that's slightly red or pink will makes my eyes more puffy....I've been looking at the UD naked palette for a long time but unable to make the decision of purchase because there's more than half of the colors that i won't use which is just a waste of moneyy...........And then i finally came through this palette (naturals) with all the right shade of colors (grayish brown)....Very happy about this palette!! Colors are not super pigmented but it's not badd.....I duno maybe some people will say it's small but for me i like the size coz when it's too big i will never be able to finish it everrr....which is silly too because u kinda need to replace them once in a while coz you using it around your delicate eyes..............Highly recommended!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know what people are talking about when they say that this pallet has no staying power, is hard to apply, and has tons of fallout. It's the opposite of all those things! Use a wet sponge applicator (or slightly wet your brush) and it goes on easily, is very pigmented, and stays on all day. If you don't apply it wet, then it is lighter and doesn't stay as long, but looks more natural.
My only gripe is that some of the shades are pretty similar- but that's okay because I love the colors.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Not if you have allergy-prone eyes. Some time this year (2016), I thought the formula of these changed--and then I found my old backups of this, and I had the same reaction--I can no longer recommend these, because they irritate my eyes. I think it's the mica.

(For comparison, I've also had trouble with E.L.F. and Wet n' Wild eye shadows.) I can wear shadows without shimmer--Ulta's gluten-free matte palettes work fine.

Original review: These are gluten-free!!! They're very pretty on NC10-15 skin. If you're a pale person, or you have gluten-issues, these are just wonderful.

on 7/22/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes!
The packaging is amazing. It comes in a cute lacy box that looks dainty but is actually very durable. I travel with it constantly and it has stayed intact.
I really like the eyeshadow colors because you can easily use a few shades to make different looks, or you can sweep one color over your lids and it still looks pretty! They are shimmery colors, so if you don't like that, this isn't the palette for you. The shadows aren't super pigmented though, but I like that because I go for a more natural look. The colors range from light highlighter colors to a dark brown and black. Overall, it's great, especially for someone who is on the go a lot, because you can create so many looks with the range of colors.
I've noticed that a lot of colors are similar to those in the Naked palettes, but this one is cheaper, has prettier packaging, and is smaller and more travel friendly. I can't live without it.

I purchased this pallet a week or so ago and as I was reading reviews it was a surprise to me that so many people where bashing the "color pigment". Clearly the ones that say this did not read the instructions on the back of the box. It states for a more dramatic look to damp your brush before applying. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PALLET! I have been wanting to get the UD Pallet for a long time however I can not convince myself to spend that much on just eyeshadow! I have recently started using PF products (that my BFF recommended me to try) and I have just fell in love with every product I have used so far! It's great for people that can't afford high-end products.