Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.1

The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is almost non-existent, which sucks because it was a beautiful palette for a low cost.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this! The colors in this palette are really gorgeous, but unfortunately there's little to no pigmentation from any of the shades. Even when used wet and with a good primer, I hardly get anything to show up on my NC30 skin. The shadows are also a little chalky in my opinion, and don't blend very well. Definitely a dud! The packaging is super cute, and I love the little lace on the outside but the shadows inside really don't do much for me. The strips are also pretty narrow, especially the eyeliner shades, which can make application a little tricky. I also wasn't a big fan of having all shimmery shadows in this palette. Guess I should have expected that with a name of shimmer strips, but one or two matte shades would have been nice. Physician's Formula is a pricier drugstore brand, but for $13 I expect a little more than this. I'm going to return this, so I definitely would not repurchase this palette.

on 10/17/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cute packaging, but that's where it ends. Colour payoff is terrible; despite the nice selection of shades, they just do not show up enough on my lids although using primer before the shadows seems to help somewhat. I gave this palette away as I can't handle the frustration of dipping my brush again and again in the product, especially in the morning when I need to get ready quickly.

on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM

I was an avid user of the original baked trio, which I still reminisce about. I went to the store to try and pick another one up but for some reason I can't find it anywhere...I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if I just can't get it in my area anymore. So I decided to try this on a whim because the trio made me so ridiculously happy. Mistake. I use a lot of PF products, because generally I think they make excellent products for a decent price that is in between drug store price and prestige price. I had seen this a few times and thought about trying it so I finally decided to give it a go and almost immediately regretted it. I hate, hate, HATE that there is zero division between the strips. That is so obnoxious. And the strips are so tiny that it's hard to get the brush in there and get a decent amount of the pigment that you are aiming for. Once you finally get a substantial amount of product on the brush, it looks like crap once you get it on your eye. Bad, bad, bad pigmentation and not rich in color at all. This is not the worse eye shadow I have ever used (I'm a general hater of everything CoverGirl-by far the worst products out there as far as I'm concerned..only saving grace is the lash blast which is okay), so that's why I left a few lippies on. But I will not be using this palette up and it will lay at the bottom of my makeup bin until I decide to do something with it.

on 6/19/2014 8:47:00 PM

Bad pigmentation, not worth the money

on 10/10/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this, but sadly I won't be repurchasing. :(

Staying power is really bad. I wore the bottom colours one day (the dark brown and black) and they faded a lot, it wasn't even noticeable an hour or two later. Too bad, because I liked the way it looked when I first put it on. The black was too sheer for my taste, but it was buildable, so if you don't mind working on your makeup a little longer, it can look pretty good. Also, I like the texture of the shadows, very soft.

Also, I don't like the way it's set up. All the colours share a single pan and they're all cut unevenly. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else, but the third shadow from the top in mine is really thin compared to the ones around it. This makes it hard to pick up JUST that shadow because my brush ends up picking up the colours around it if I'm not careful. I would like it a lot more if the palette was just a BIT bigger and had some separation between the colours.

Packaging is super cute and the lid is magnetized, but it is very weak. I feel like if you put this in your purse it would get knocked open easily.

The sponge applicator is useless, but I didn't dock any lippies for that since I find that most applicators that come with eyeshadows are useless anyway.

Overall, this is a nice idea but too bad it was not executed very well.

on 10/10/2013 10:56:00 AM

This stuff is terrible. I bought it thinking it'd be a good shadow because of the brand, price, and packaging. I was so wrong. First off, the applicator it comes with is stiff and useless. Also, you can't build up color with the shadow. It really is NUDE. You can barely see it. Within a few hours, the shadow is either creased, completely gone or running all over the place. I would not recommend anyone buying this.

So much disappointment! The packaging is super cute and feminine but the the product inside sucks! I'm not particularly dark, around nc20-25, and all the lighter "lid" shades ended up looking the same shimmery chalky light beige on me. the highlight shades all blended into this shimmery powdery white, and its totally not flattering at all. the 2 darkest colors were OK, pigmented but chalky. WNW has way better quality shadows for much less. I got the classic nude palette and ended up returning it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking forward to trying this and searched what seemed like everywhere for it. I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the UD's Naked and Naked2 palettes. But this fell short of my expectations for Physicians Formula, whose other custom strips I like such as the hazel set. But this one was completely different than the ones I have purchased for years. The color does not stay nor does it apply well. The shadow breaks up and gets everywhere in the container with the softest touch from the brush. It is just terrible to apply I can't explain it besides that it's cheap quality. Nevertheless, will not purchase again and do not recommend.

on 2/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

All the versions of these have really pretty colors HOWEVER the pigmentation in them doesn't stand up to what it looks like in the package. Definitely need a primer for these. Very shimmery almost metallic (in the smoky one) which is pretty cool, the texture is nice and packaging is verry cute. I wasn't terribly impressed but not all that disappointed.. It's a decent product for sure

UPDATE: Been trying to use this more.. I really DON'T like it. It literally takes like 5 minutes to get the color on your eye to where you can actually see it. I've come to not like the texture at all, its rough and reminds me of sand. It's really a shame because the colors look so pretty and very promising.