Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the eye shadow palette, not the set of three eyeliners. I had been on the search for this palette since reading about it on blogs and MUA. I found it yesterday at CVS, along with the coordinating liner trio. From what I have read online, these WILL be part of the core collection and are NOT limited edition.

It seems like a lot of people online are comparing PF's Nude palette to Urban Decay's Naked palette. I own both. PF Nude is a smaller palette, all the shades are shimmery and neutral to cool. UD's Naked palette is a larger palette with more colors and is warm toned. In my opinion, a better comparison would be PF Nude and Too Faced Naked Eye palette.

The PF Nude palette is not a highly pigmented palette, even over primer. I am very pale, so the shades show up okay on me, but I imagine darker skintones may not have much use for this product. Even though it lacks strong pigmentation, I do like it for an easy, flawless workday look. If I could change anything about it, I would make it more pigmented and less shimmery.

on 4/11/2013 6:43:00 PM

It's actually a great eyeshadow palette compares its price to the amount of work they put into it. 9 great natural shades that are easy to work with, buttery texture, good pigmentation, just right amount of shimmer, free from harsh chemicals (paraben free) and travel friendly size, as well as the very cute packaging (when I saw the picture online I thought it's lace print, but it's actual lace wrapped around satin, how romantic).

I believe it's under rated because the concept of the Nude Palette, most people would compare this with the HE Urban Decay nude palette. Personally I feel except the same name, there is nothing to compare really. First it's the price, UD is a HE brand so the price is way higher and of course better quality. Secondly it's the size, if you are traveling or just want to keep an eye shadow palette with you in the bag, the giant UD case is for sure out the picture.

I'm never a big fan of eyeshadow palettes, because they usually don't have all the shades I like. I wasted a lot of money on HE eyeshadow palettes and always end up giving them away after I lost my interests on those fancy packaging. And for the drugstore brands, I just hate the cheap plastic box, I'm the kind of person would appreciate a nicely designed packaging, so I'd rather buy single eye shadow from MAC or Bobbi Brown even it's more expansive that way.

The PF nude palette is so far the cutest eye shadow palette I've seen in drugstore, also the texture and quality of the eye shadow is way better than the other drugstore brands I bought at similar price (Maybelline, Rimmel, Bourjois ...all of them have major fall outs), and honestly, I like it even better than some of the HE eye shadows I used (Lancome, Dior, CHANEL...which I found very hard to work with all the shades in one palette).

I usually believe the MUA reviews, but this time I just cant' help myself liking this palette and with its price (on sale for 12 CAD), I've got nothing to lose. I'm really glad that I got it, this is a great palette if you need something that's easy to work with for a simple natural look or to take with you in the bag. However if you are looking for some thing to replace the professional makeup kit like UD, MAC or Bobbi Brown, you will for sure be disappointed.

I give this 4 lipsticks out of 5 because I think there is really no point for them trying to squeeze all the 9 shades into such a tiny box, because some of the shades are almost identical. This will be a perfect palette if it has fewer shades (base/highlight, crease and liner), it would be much easier to work with rather than the narrow strips.

For anyone who is wondering if this could be a dupe for UD naked palette- the answer is no. This PF palette is packaged very nicely however it lacks pigments.... It's hard to pick up any eyeshadow and when i pat them on my lids, all i see are shimmer and barely any color and I am NC25. I dont reccomend this.

on 1/22/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Im really liking this palette. To start off with the case is super cute! Its easy to open too, unlike the plastic cases of their other palettes. The shades remind me of the one for hazel eyes but I like the colors in this one better. They are def shimmery but not ott. As always their shadows are soft and easy to blend. I really like that it includes a satin finish black. It looks nice if you follow the pre selected looks but I like to play around with different combos too. I can use it for a subtle day look or a totally smoked out look for night all from this lil gem. Def reccomend!

on 4/23/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't let the cute packaging fool you this palette is dreadful!!!! The colors have absolutely no pigment whatsoever and don't show up at all!!! These colors are so sheer to the point that they are practically invisible and even with a good base they still don't show up! In fact they are so sheer and colorless that all the colors end up looking identical, even the darker ones, absolutely no color payoff at all! I have 99 cent palettes that are waaaayyyy more pigmented then this one and this Physicians Formula palette was rather pricey for a drug store palette. Needless to say I am very disappointed!!! I will not be repurchasing this nor would i recommend it to anyone! Don't waste your money!!! The only silver lining to this is I bought this at Rite Aid and they let you return makeup so you best believe this one is getting returned!!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After reading the positive reviews, I sought this out even though it wasn't on sale at $16. Beautiful colors in a portable packaging and it's supposed to have gentler ingredients but a waste of money! Even after 5-6 swipes, there is still no color pay-off. I thought it would be good for a nude look. The shades are nice but there is a shimmer to them. I am about NC25-30 and this palette may be more suited to someone in the NC10-15 range.

I personally like Physicians formula Products and you'd be surprised to know that they use Physicians Formula Products on the set of Gossip Girl. And their eye products are not irritating and good for people who want a natural product that is not going to cause aggravation, eyes are very sensitive and it is important what you put on them, i personally like this palette and have found dupes to urban decays palette the colors show up much better if you use a primer, and or use the pallet wet. I have a lot of the physician formula shimmer strip palettes and have reviewed them, on my site. everythingbeautynyc well ill put up photos.

And if your interested you can go my website and see all my pics and swatches of the product; I hope you like. xoxo
I personally like this brand a lot and they are recyclable products,a nd high quality powders. Not so thrilled with the smokey eye palette. But its got its good qualities and its a good drugstore brand. They have an organic line, most of their products are biodegradable, and their products are formulated with natural formulations, or non comedogenic formulations. So i think they have a lot of good quality products I like the mascaras they had witht he black and the blue two sided they had several colors like that, they really great eye products especially for sensitive eyes, nice eyeliners, I like their shimmer strips highlighting blushes, and bronzers a lot of their bronzers are dupes to high end, the shimmer strip ones are dead on dupes to higher end products, i liked this product. I think it all depends on how you use it and whether its wet or dry or your own personal prefference whether you want shimmery or no shimmer, or natural or perhaps some more bold colors. Its up to the person and everyone will have a diffferent oppinion. But i have products from this brand and I really like them, and find them to be really good drugstore products. And they usually have 3$ off, sticker, or sale on their products. .

on 6/24/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with the adorable packaging, its like sexy fishnet lingere! Heed warning ladies: i am not an experienced eye makeup person; i only wear mascara. I may not be the best reviewer if you are big into eye makeup and need decent advice. It was on sale at CVS for $6 and a steal i could not resist.
I am in love with the third color from the top. Its a light beige shimmery color and i think it looks so good with just a simple swipe on the eyelids. nothing else. I like this collection because it offers enough variety for a couple different looks. I dont really go out at night but the bottom three colors looks like it would be really smoky and sexy. I am in love with Physicians Formula lately, they sure have stepped up their game with better formulas and awesome packaging. In love!!! I use the second from the last color with the included slant sponge applicator to fill in my brows. Its an all-in-one for my eyes and brows. Love Love Love!!! Back about 10 years ago i tried the loose powders from this brand and found them to be cheap and did not perform well, but since then they really improved and i am so surprised.

on 5/31/2014 11:05:00 AM

This is the first time I ever returned makeup. Awful pigmentation!! I couldn't see the eyeshadow when I applied it! I tried every primer I owned... It wouldn't show up at all. Don't waste your money on this pallet!!

on 12/24/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shadows are very soft and creamy, and all are shimmery and pearlescent. I love most of the shades and use this palette often for a natural look for school. They are great to use wet! I really like the texture of the shadows, they remind me of Clinique's.

They aren't extremely pigmented, but suffice if used with primer or wet.

Oh, and the packaging is so cute I have to have it lying out on my make up table. I <3 the lace and the bow!

I'm considering picking up the 'Casual' or 'Smoky' version of these.

Pretty pricey. I got mine for $16 (I live in Canada. Purchased at Superstore)