Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

On my NC42 skin:
I don't find this as bad as some have reviewed. True it's not that pigmented and it's no way a dupe for any of the Naked palettes. Put on plain as it, it only shows as shimmer on me. I was able to improve it by mixing some cream highlighter with a primer and applying that to my lids before brushing on the shadows. I did have to do at least two layers but it works. I like the colors and they were easy to blend.

The packaging is cute but it seems to flimsy to carry around in your purse because the magnetic latch is so weak. The strips are tiny so you can,t use fluffy shadow brushes. I used smaller angles shadow brushes and it worked perfectly. I didn't smear the colors together.

I think this is a perfect palette for lighter girls. If you're darker like me, be prepared to use lightened primer and layer. I'm ok with it since I was able to buy it buy one get one free and it's perfect for that casual bronze shimmer look. Still, I won't be repurchasing.

on 8/25/2014 3:02:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand the outer packaging is lovely (I love the lace) and the colors showed up fine on me with primer (I always use primer, so I don't know what they would look like without it). However, I HATE the fact that there is no division between the strips. It's basically impossible to get just one color on the brush. I got this at Ulta for 40% off so I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. If they would just make it so the strips don't spill into each other I think it would be great.

on 4/16/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

These are not that pigmented and you have to really use a lot or use them wet to get the effect you want. They wear off fairly quickly and need a primer. All the colors look the same when they are on and blend into each other.

I would not call this a dupe for the Naked Palette if anyone is wondering. I heard it was long ago but its not. It's very shimmery and metallic. It has fallout and don't think this is worth the $12.99 it costs. The strips are way too close to one another for application.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

What a dissapointment! I have 3 other shimmer strips (the ones in the clear, hard plastic case). I've liked them and when I saw this "nude" palette, along with the cute packaging, I wanted to have it.

Well I don't know what happened with the quality between the clear plastic ones and this one, but the eyeshadow quality is really poor on these. They are hard and chalky. Very poor pigment and staying power. I do not have this issue with the other shimmer strips. Really bummed because the colors on this are really nice for my skintone.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Not if you have allergy-prone eyes. Some time this year (2016), I thought the formula of these changed--and then I found my old backups of this, and I had the same reaction--I can no longer recommend these, because they irritate my eyes. I think it's the mica.

(For comparison, I've also had trouble with E.L.F. and Wet n' Wild eye shadows.) I can wear shadows without shimmer--Ulta's gluten-free matte palettes work fine.

Original review: These are gluten-free!!! They're very pretty on NC10-15 skin. If you're a pale person, or you have gluten-issues, these are just wonderful.

Gorgeous in the package but zero pigment.

on 1/16/2013 11:14:00 PM

I always fall victim to the pretty colours in Physician's Formula eyeshadows, and I always regret it. They have virtually no pigment, so it looks like a weird frosty translucent powder no matter how much you put on. Stick with their eyeliners!

on 11/5/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this because I couldn't afford the Urban Decay Naked pallet yet, so I figured this would suffice. Not a bad pallett. Cute packaging, a lot cheaper and pretty much the same colors. They are not very pigmented, but work for day time and quick make up jobs when you are in a hurry. They lasted most of the day but did start to wear off. I was pleased with the product, just wished it was more pigmented. I still want UD Naked, but this is a good substitute for less.

on 10/17/2012 1:14:00 PM

I really like the colors is this palette but they do not have good pigmentation. It is hard to pick up the three crease colors (they are the smallest strips on the palette). They are light and I will wear them for a nude daytime look.
I had to really rub my brush into the strips to pick up product...maybe mine was a dud?? I used these over MAC Painterly paint pot as a primer and also tested with no primer.
The colors are darker over primer but not very much. They lasted well on me and did not crease.
I will definitely use this product but will not repurchase. I got this with the $7 ECB deal at CVS so it was a good price. Probaby would take the time to return it if I had paid full price.
The UD Naked palette is much more $$ but the product is amazing!! And you get 4x more product so actually you are paying the same price for the same amount of product... just a smaller amount. I recommend you save up if you need to (like I did) and go for the REAL DEAL! :)

on 6/24/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with the adorable packaging, its like sexy fishnet lingere! Heed warning ladies: i am not an experienced eye makeup person; i only wear mascara. I may not be the best reviewer if you are big into eye makeup and need decent advice. It was on sale at CVS for $6 and a steal i could not resist.
I am in love with the third color from the top. Its a light beige shimmery color and i think it looks so good with just a simple swipe on the eyelids. nothing else. I like this collection because it offers enough variety for a couple different looks. I dont really go out at night but the bottom three colors looks like it would be really smoky and sexy. I am in love with Physicians Formula lately, they sure have stepped up their game with better formulas and awesome packaging. In love!!! I use the second from the last color with the included slant sponge applicator to fill in my brows. Its an all-in-one for my eyes and brows. Love Love Love!!! Back about 10 years ago i tried the loose powders from this brand and found them to be cheap and did not perform well, but since then they really improved and i am so surprised.