L'Oreal Magic Lumi

L'Oreal Magic Lumi
Magic Lumi

3.4

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Cellulose Gum Hydroxystearic Acid, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract [+/- May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides].

Well, I just got my replacement in the mail for the previous tube that I actually *used up* (this doesn't happen much for me), so I you know I'm happy with it. This isn't an "industrial strength" concealer, but it's fabulous for days when I'm when I'm wearing little or no face makeup to just take the edge off my very purple undereye circles. I'm ~NW15, and this is a great match for my skin, while being slightly brightening. It's got a creamy liquid consistency that's easy to blend in. The dispenser is one of those brushes where you turn the bottom to propel the product, which works fine for me.

I'm really happy with this product--it does just what I need it to do.

on 8/30/2017 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not entirely convinced by this product.

The formula is very light and doesn't offer much coverage, but hearing the words: "if you're using Touche Éclat as a concealer, you are doing it wrong" repeated in the beauty community, oh, so many times, I was very aware that this as well is not a stand alone product to use. I use a separate concealer under it that actually covers and then put this on top in the popular triangle shape under the eyes, avoiding the area right under the lashes. I've noticed a subtle difference but not enough of a difference to buy this product again.

The packaging is sleek and an on-trend rose-gold finish, but easily but collects dirt and fingerprints like there is no tomorrow. From reading the packaging, there is a mere 1.5 ml of product inside which is a bloody rip off to be honest.

I'll probably use this up but not repurchase.

I use this product when I'm going for a minimal base. I have deep set eyes, I need extra brightness to look, well, awake. This product WON'T cover dark circles, or conceal blemishes- that's what's concealer is for. But I like that it has a skin like effect, looks very natural, doesn't settle into fine lines. Simply does it's job. To be honest I prefer it over YSL Touché Eclat.
It's not a must have product, but somehow I always go back to it. The smell makes me use Lumi pen only from time to time- it is very alcohol-y, same as primer from the same range. Be sure to moisturize eye area very well because it may be a bit drying.

I recently purchased this and I am not thrilled. I understand it is a highlighter, and I did find a good tone that works with my skin and it does brighten, but the wear time is very average.
I set this with a powder but it still faded too quickly for my liking. I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/21/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

L'Oreal isn't cruelty free, so I won't repurchase anything by them anyway, but concerning the product itself, I wasn't too enthusiastic either. Supposed to be a highlighting pen, but to be a highlighter, it is much too pink/skincolorish for me. I have the shade 1 Light. Maybe just not my color (Asian/medium skin tone), but I would have preferred a good ol nice concealer, or a nice highlighting pen with a real light reflecting highlight.

on 10/24/2016 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

NOT A CONCEALER! This product is a highlighter so don't buy it expecting it to cover your flaws. I have found it to be AMAZING! I use this under and in the corner of my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and below my brow bone-basically in all of the high points of my face. This product just magically brightens me up. Product is easy to blend. I bought the shade in light. HG

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in "fair", hoping for a dupe of YSL Touche Eclat #2. No such luck. Magic Lumi is very pink. It's also not much of a highlighter OR concealer in my case. I was hoping for something radiant, but I would say that this product is merely brightening.

It's also super-drying and the texture on skin looks papery.

Because it's so pink and bright, I've been using it as an eye shadow in order to use it up. I won't buy it again.

this is a good highlighter, like the maybelline's version. it is a thin consistency which is good for under eye concealing and alll your typical highlighting zones. the finish is quite powdery, that may be a pro or con depending on your POV, I have to say I prefer the maybelline one to this because of shade selection and it's more affordable than this one. I think it was about $13 at my ds

Honestly.....I prefer Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.... Magic Lumi lacks the glow I was hoping for.

on 4/14/2016 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has caused a bit of a split when it comes to reviews. I think people need to remember what this is... it is a highlighter! Yes, it is classed into concealers which was a mistake in my opinion as it has:

*Very light coverage, it has a 'skin' appearance
*Does not cover blemishes and breakouts (it is a highlighter, and you don't want to be highlighting those!)

However, it is great for brightening under eyes, under brows and along cheekbones to give a pop of freshness. I throw it into my handbag so if I am looking a bit worn down and dull throughout the day I can just whip some on and BING, I look much fresher.