L'Oreal Magic Lumi

L'Oreal Magic Lumi
Magic Lumi

3.3

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Cellulose Gum Hydroxystearic Acid, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract [+/- May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides].

I recently purchased this and I am not thrilled. I understand it is a highlighter, and I did find a good tone that works with my skin and it does brighten, but the wear time is very average.
I set this with a powder but it still faded too quickly for my liking. I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/24/2016 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

NOT A CONCEALER! This product is a highlighter so don't buy it expecting it to cover your flaws. I have found it to be AMAZING! I use this under and in the corner of my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and below my brow bone-basically in all of the high points of my face. This product just magically brightens me up. Product is easy to blend. I bought the shade in light. HG

on 4/21/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

L'Oreal isn't cruelty free, so I won't repurchase anything by them anyway, but concerning the product itself, I wasn't too enthusiastic either. Supposed to be a highlighting pen, but to be a highlighter, it is much too pink/skincolorish for me. I have the shade 1 Light. Maybe just not my color (Asian/medium skin tone), but I would have preferred a good ol nice concealer, or a nice highlighting pen with a real light reflecting highlight.

on 4/14/2016 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has caused a bit of a split when it comes to reviews. I think people need to remember what this is... it is a highlighter! Yes, it is classed into concealers which was a mistake in my opinion as it has:

*Very light coverage, it has a 'skin' appearance
*Does not cover blemishes and breakouts (it is a highlighter, and you don't want to be highlighting those!)

However, it is great for brightening under eyes, under brows and along cheekbones to give a pop of freshness. I throw it into my handbag so if I am looking a bit worn down and dull throughout the day I can just whip some on and BING, I look much fresher.

Honestly.....I prefer Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.... Magic Lumi lacks the glow I was hoping for.

this is a good highlighter, like the maybelline's version. it is a thin consistency which is good for under eye concealing and alll your typical highlighting zones. the finish is quite powdery, that may be a pro or con depending on your POV, I have to say I prefer the maybelline one to this because of shade selection and it's more affordable than this one. I think it was about $13 at my ds

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in "fair", hoping for a dupe of YSL Touche Eclat #2. No such luck. Magic Lumi is very pink. It's also not much of a highlighter OR concealer in my case. I was hoping for something radiant, but I would say that this product is merely brightening.

It's also super-drying and the texture on skin looks papery.

Because it's so pink and bright, I've been using it as an eye shadow in order to use it up. I won't buy it again.

on 1/9/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried most of the high end concealer/highlighters and this is as good, if not better, than all of them. It far surpasses YSL, and in my book why pay a fortune for something when you can buy something for less than half the price.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this one. But it's very sheer and doesn't highlight at all. I knew this wasn't going to conceal but it didn't do anything.

on 10/20/2015 12:08:00 AM

this is a really good highlighting concealer, it really brightens up the face while hiding skin imperfections, except blemishes. the only reason i put i wont buy again is bc maybelline makes one also for a lot less $$ and if you're the type to go through these pens, then those few dollars in price difference really adds up to a significant amount. but otherwise it is a really good concealer and can really give your skin a nice subtle glow ;)