Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold
Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.9

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 4/22/2017 3:49:00 AM

LOVE!!! Don't be put off by how this shade looks in the photo or even how it looks in the pot. It's not that yellow at all. Maybelline's Bold Gold Color Tattoo is a warm, slightly metallic, beige-y gold that's not over-the-top or too bling-y. It's very wearable and flattering. This is my favorite Color Tattoo, I'm so glad I bought it.

Four lippies instead of five because it does fade and crease by the end of the day. It holds up well for the first few hours, and primer helps. But it's no match for my oily lids. I wish the staying power was better, but the color is so gorgeous that I can overlook it.

I would definitely buy this one again. Recommended!

on 4/13/2017 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This color is AMAZING! It has a nice, creamy (but not too creamy, a kind of very dense, solid creamy) consistency, tons of pigment and fantastic staying power. If you have nice, smooth skin on your lids , you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this shadow!

A tip though, if you have drier skin, not as young as you used to be maybe, this won't work for you. I love the color so much I sometimes wear it even though my lids are no longer smooth enough (ok young enough) and the pigment highlights the lines on my lids.

If your lids are no longer as smooth and moist as they used to be, but you LOVE frosted lids, try Revlon LIPSTICK (yes, lipstick!) In "Twinkled Pink" on your lids! For drier skin - AMAZING! Because I love gold shadow and this Revlon lipstick works so well on my lids, I'm going to look for a gold lipstick and try that! YIPPEE!

on 4/15/2015 6:10:00 PM

awful texture. looks horrible on my eyelid. unusable

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the first Maybelline color tattoo I bought, and I was SO disappointed. I've heard all the hype about these, and how amazing these were supposed to be, and I was so sad to find out that this sucked.It's dry, patchy, the color doesn't show up properly on the lid. It's just awful. But! I have later bought some of the other colors, and they are beautiful! On and On Bronze/Bad to the Bronze is just as amazing as everybody says it is. I don't know why this particular one is so bad. At first I though I had just gotten a bad one, but it seems a lot of people hate this shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Let's just quickly put it out there that my Bold Gold looks NOTHING like the picture on Makeupalley. That, at least on my computer screen, is bright flipping daffodil yellow.

Bold Gold is a sheer to buildable cream eyeshadow with a yellow gold base and flecks of glitter. I find that applying with a finger is best as it is easier to blend out the colour using the warmth of your fingers, as it can look a bit patchy and won't blend as well when applied with brushes. I use it either as an eyeshadow base or as a all-over lid colour - in the latter case, I will apply a darker shadow just to the outer corner of my eye just to make it a little less one-dimensional. For the price point, it definitely is worth picking up; if the colour appeals to you, it is much less hard on your wallet than MAC paintpots, and comparable in formula, so I would recommend that you give it a try. It is a little firmer than MAC paintpots, in my experience, but the end result is virtually the same.

on 9/11/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I would totally buy so many of these😀 and I just luv the colour of this one! It looks great on me and is great for beginners of makeup

on 12/8/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the Bold Gold shade because I thought it'd work well on my Olive/Tan skintone and it typically looks pretty decent, though it definitely is a very yellow gold. I used it for a while, and then I started investing in Paint Pots by MAC and I've never looked back. I don't have greasy lids, but I like my eyeshadow to stay in place so I typically wear them over a primer.

I'm not a huge fan of this product. When swatched or applied to my eyes, I can actually feel the tiny glitter/shimmer particles and it just doesn't feel very creamy. As the product dries, it also starts pulling on my eyes. Within a year, the product is completely congealed at the sides and I have to warm it up with my finger if I ever want to use it. For a drug store item, it's pretty decent, though this particular shade doesn't even compare to the metallic bronze/gold shades that MAC Paint Pots come in. I've had many of my MAC Paint Pots for over a year and they're just as creamy as ever.

The good thing about this product is that it does dry compeltely and does help to keep eyeshadow from moving or coming off. I would recommend it to someone who wants to buy something like a Paint Pot from the drug store, but I honestly won't be repurchasing mostly for the lack of longevitiy in the product. I don't hate it, and I'm glad I tried it, but I just can't justify ever purchasing it again.

on 10/25/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping for a beautiful gold eye shadow base. Not so. This pulls too yellow on me and made my eye makeup always look --- off. So, I tucked it away for about a year and now it's dried up and I still don't like the color. Going in the trash.

on 3/10/2015 9:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this product disappointing. I purchased a few color tattoos following the hype around them. This one in particular is dry, it does not go on smoothly and is not creamy. It seems to cake awkwardly on my eyelids and is difficult to blend. It is also difficult to build up the shadow, it just seems to go patchy. However, my mother who loves lots of sparkle and shimmer really seems to like this as an all over wash of colour. So it's not awful, I just think there are better cream shadows on the market.

on 4/2/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a true gold eyeshadow to compliment my medium brown skin and this is definitely the sort of gold colour I was looking for! It's a proper yellow gold. Since it's a cream formulation I don't have to worry about fallout. Precise application is pretty easy to do with this product. I usually dip a sponge-tipped brush in it and use it was an eyeliner! My only complaint is that applying it can be sort of tricky if you want to use it all over your eyelid. It is a cream formulation, but a pretty solid one that dries quickly on skin. It might take a bit of practice to get it looking even and not patchy. Still, it good value for money and one pot will last you ages!