Ettusais Mineral BB Cream

4.2

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol, Nylon-12, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77891, Lauryl Peg-9, Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Glycerin, Zinc oxide, Disteardimonium hectorite, Diphenylsiloxy phenyl trimethicone, Erythritol, Xylitol, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Isostearic acid, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminium hydroxide, Alumina, Isostearyl alcohol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol acetate, BHT, Calcium chloride, Magnesium chloride, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl ether, Sodium hyaluronate, Sodium acetylated hyaluronate, Tocopherol, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this 3 months ago after hearing many rave reviews from Asian beauty bloggers and I've finally concluded that it's... an ok product. Not great, but not bad either. The formula comes in 3 shades (10, 20, 30). For my light-medium (warm leaning neutral) skin, 20 was the closest colour. Not the best colour match though, it gave my skin a pallid cast as it's slightly too light.

The consistency is very gel-like, even silicony. The silicon feeling was a tad worrisome since I don't like things that feel like it's going to clog my pores. However, the texture was my main beef with the product as it seemed to emphasise my dry patches and did not sit well with my skin so that by the end of the day, it looked very unnatural. For the record, my skin is combination - I get oily around the t-zone and dry along my chin and the corners of my mouth. It held up decently against glasses though, with only minor streaking along the areas where my glasses would come into contact with the skin. I also enjoyed the fact that it's got SPF30, is non-comedogenic and only has the slightest of scents (it claims to be fragrance-free and there's a very faint make-up smell, almost paint-like but you've really got to huff it to tell and it disappears on the skin).

Packaging is nice though; love the squeezy pale pink tube which is cute, hygienic and doesn't take up too much space so it's easy to travel with. I just wish the tube would have the expiry date printed on it, and not the box which you would inevitably throw away just for convenience's sake.

Overall, it's alright. If you've got normal-oily skin, it's worth a try especially if you match their limited shade range. Otherwise, you're better off looking for something else.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I previously used the SkinFood Mushroom BB cream, which had a very strong fragrance that didn't appeal to me and generally didn't do much for me (came in only two shades, and both were far too pale and off for my skin tone).

I got this after doing some research into Japanese drugstore cosmetics, and this came highly lauded. So I bought one after much deliberation and consideration (necessary, given the pricetag it came with). It was expensive and picking the right shade was difficult, but given that Japanese foundations and creams usually come with a yellowish tint (perfect for me, as opposed to Western and Korean cosmetics that have more of a pinkish tint), it was a fairly quick process. I used it a few weeks later for the first time, and even my sister (the make-up connoisseur between the two of us) was impressed.

The coverage is quite sheer, but since this is a BB cream and not a foundation, I wasn't expecting much. I have a few hyperpigmentation scars leftover from my hormonal acne, and the BB cream couldn't hide it properly. Nevertheless, I felt it worked quite well in evening out my skin tone overall. The end-result was a smooth and non-dewy finish, a little pale but nothing blush and concealer couldn't fix. It didn't clog my pores (HUGE BONUS FOR ME), didn't cause me to breakout any mini-volcanoes and didn't irritate my skin (SO TRIPLE WIN FOR THE SKIN).

I applied this using my fingers, but I would recommend using either a blender or perhaps a brush (skeptical, as this is expensive stuff and I wouldn't want it to end up more on a brush than on my skin) for a more even application.

I love this very much, and will definitely buy it again.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Non oily and I don't need any power after applying ettusais mineral bb cream. I have tried many types of bb cream. They are either too oily or not having good coverage. Ettusais BB cream is thus far the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This bb cream is thin and yellow. It is much thinner than the bb cream from Canmake or Korean bb creams. It is easy to blend. The coverage is sheer. Great for evening skin tone, not so great for hiding acne and marks. Fragrance free. It has a powdery finish. I don't use powder after applying this. It doesn't cause breakouts for me, but it settles in big pores on nose and makes flakes more obvious. The color looks natural. People can't tell I have bb cream on. Staying power and oil control are mediocre. It tends to slide off after lunch.

This is a light-medium coverage BB cream more suitable for light to medium skin tones with SPF30, PA++. It is definitely one of the most natural BB creams I have ever tried! I never really liked BB creams, especially the Asian brands ones because they tend to be too white or ashy or has a pink undertone. I have this one in #20-Natural, which has a more yellow undertone. #10 is lighter and has a pink undertone. I heard there is also #30, which is the darkest of the three, but I have yet seen one in Hong Kong. The consistency is almost like a light cream, not too thick or too runny, which means it can be applied easily with finger or brush. Although it evens out my skin very well and gives me that glowing skin without looking white and ashy, I still need a concealer for acne or dark spots. This mineral BB cream is non-comedogenic, which is a plus for those who are acne-prone. Another great thing about it is that it's not very drying for the skin. I won't say it's moisturizing, but it wouldn't give you dry patches like some BB creams do. If you have access to this brand then I would say this is a must try. In the summer I also pair it with the BB mineral powder as the last step of my makeup routine to help with the staying power.

This is a really nice product for everyday wear: it evens my skin tone very nicely, works equally well without a primer, hasn`t emphasized dried patches in winter, and has lasted very nicely in summer, too. I am impressed. Japanese BB`s are so lovely, and this one is no different. At this price it performs just as well or better than some of the fancier brand names out there. Because it`s so easy to use I find myself skipping foundation in the morning and reaching out for this more and more. SPF 20, what more can you ask for??

I tried this on a recommendation and love it. It's now my daily foundation.

First off, I have a horrible time with shade matching. Almost any drugstore brand of liquid foundation or BB cream, even some premium lines (Bare Minerals-type), no matter how "shade-matching" are either orange like a smurf on me or dead-girl greige pale. I have an ivory-but-not skin tone due to some discoloration that I usually have to correct with purple, green, and pink correctors when I use powder or mineral makeup.

Not with this BB cream. It's light enough that it spreads, not oily at all, and thick enough to stay better than any other liquid foundation I've ever tried. Plus it doesn't break me out. I can actually build coverage a bit where needed, but an extra swipe or pat never makes me look smurf-y.

I haven't summer-sweat-tested it yet, but even in the winter most liquid foundations stay on me for about 10 minutes in the office (it's a sauna at work!) before I get funky glasses marks on my nose that stay all day and everything I applied to my undereye area is smudging around. This seems to actually stick to my skin and doesn't smudge easily.

I ordered this in the "10" shade which I thought might be a bit off, but lo and behold it's actually a really good one-shade-fits-all for fairly light-skinned people.

Too bad shipping from Japan and some online retailer markup made this a $30 purchase when it should have been about $23 including shipping.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My skin type: warm, around NC35, combination with oily t-zone, acne-prone

Shade: I use the warmest shade (30 healthy). I do wish they have a better shade selection for my more tanned friends! Unlike some bb creams, do not leave that greyish cast on me.

Coverage: sheer-medium, definitely buildable

Packaging: Lovely! Comes in a tube that dispenses in any amount you like, very hygienic. You can cut it up at the end to get to the last bit if you're so inclined.

Makeup Result: Matte finish but not flat, very natural, almost no-makeup look. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Oil-control wise, I get dewy by the end of the day,so it's decent but not fantastic. I do not powder over it as it dries to a powdery finish on me.

Skincare Result: Ettusais claims that this is made of 79% skincare ingredients, and I'm surprised (and impressed) that it delivers its claims! It moisturizes my skin and calms my acne. I didn't realize how good it was for my skin, till I ran out one day and arrived home to slightly oily and yet dehydrated skin. With SPF 30 and PA++ (moderate protection against photoaging), I've skipped sunscreen and yet had fairer skin since I started using this daily!

In summary, this is a great product! I'm on my third tube, which is saying ALOT for this fickle-minded user!

P.S. Pregnant ladies, for reference, I've scrutinized the ingredient list and found no salicylic acid (which my skin NEEDS to combat acne and yet not recommended for use during pregnancy) or retinoids. So I used it while I was pregnant and had no side effects. Hope this helps!

Edited Note: this review is for the pink tube, not the white one,which I found to be too dewy for my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this BB cream simply because its darkest shade matches my skin quite well as opposed to other BB creams which make me look ghostly white.

It gives a natural finish whilst glossing over my skin's imperfections such that I look as though I don't have much makeup on. However, be careful not to be too heavy handed with this product as it can make you look too fair if you apply too much of it on your face.

Oil control is not bad - I need to blot and set it with my Mac Blot Powder once in a while, but that's fine. I also noticed that my skin has become softer after using this for a week.

This my daily BB cream, but if I wish to look more polished and made-up, I will turn to my Estee Lauder Double Wear Liq Foundation!

I have acne prone skin with an oily T-zone, large pores on and around my nose. I am NC20 in MAC and I have this BB cream in the color No. 2. I have tried numerous BB creams (e.g., Missha, BRTC, Skin79, Dr. Jart...), but I seldom find one that addresses all my needs. I very much like this one. What I appreciate the most about this one are: 1) it makes your skin appear smoother, even more so than a lot of high-end foundations; 2) it has three color choices, which is more than most bb creams, 3) it is pretty long-lasting, 4) it has pretty high coverage, and 5) it does not break me out. Given these qualities, I'd say if you have oily, textured, acne prone skin and want a fuss-free base product, give this a try.

My skin does not get along with heavily silicone-based products. They break me out or make my pores appear 10 times larger when I take it off by the end of the day. As a result, I can not use many of the base products on the market that target oily skin because they rely on the silicone ingredients to fill in your pores and absorb the sebum. Ettusais is a Japanese brand that specializes in making products that address adult acne. When I knew that they have a BB cream, I thought it might be worth trying because it's targeted at skin types like mine, and it's not supposed to make my skin issues worse. I was not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed about this product is that it's smoother than most BB creams. It is a cream consistency, but it's not sticky as other BB creams. I use my HG Shiseido perfect foundation brush to spread this all over my face, which I never do with other BB creams, because they are too tacky for a foundation brush (I use my fingers to apply other BB creams instead). This BB cream givens a medium-high coverage and instantly smooths out the texture on my face and dries to a pretty matte finish. I set it with the Ettusais BB mineral powder (also in No. 2), and I'm good for the rest of the day. It holds up to the oil on my face pretty well throughout the day.

Here is the even more important part: it does not break me out or make my skin worse. I'm currently experiencing some hormonal breakouts on my chin area. I noticed that the other base products I own tend to make my acne worse when I take the foundation off by the end of the day. This doesn't.

The only complain I have is that I wish the finish of the product can be a little more dewy and hence more natural. When I wear this, you can tell the I have makeup on my face. Normally I prefer base products that give the illusion of no makeup. But other than that, this is a product that's worth trying if you are looking for a BB cream that has all the qualities I described.